Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #90929

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
The West Perth match being played at Leederville on Sat 16 April is apparently being covered by abc radio? After abc radio's disappearance last week, we'll have to wait and see?
West Perth need to dispatch of the opposition and win by a bigger margin as possible to boost their low %.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91024

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

westaussieguy wrote: The West Perth match being played at Leederville on Sat 16 April is apparently being covered by abc radio? After abc radio's disappearance last week, we'll have to wait and see?
West Perth need to dispatch of the opposition and win by a bigger margin as possible to boost their low %.

Our injury list to date would be some sort of WAFL record I reckon, Strijk and Tedesco are new additions which take the toll to 11 who would be instant starters :pinch:

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91025

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
jeez leedy...you better take your boots along mate..you might get a call up. half your starting line-up out through injury is rotten luck. no wonder you've struggled to get over teams. i love it when experts say it gives someone else an opportunity...be buggered I say..if that person was good enough he'd be playing one's already. give me my best 22 any day of the week. guys in the two's need to play well every week and demand a game in the seniors rather than getting picked by default because someone is injured.

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91034

• Victorian Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4

BC wrote: jeez leedy...you better take your boots along mate..you might get a call up. half your starting line-up out through injury is rotten luck. no wonder you've struggled to get over teams. i love it when experts say it gives someone else an opportunity...be buggered I say..if that person was good enough he'd be playing one's already. give me my best 22 any day of the week. guys in the two's need to play well every week and demand a game in the seniors rather than getting picked by default because someone is injured.

Not necessarily right BC. Whilst I agree players should earn their position in the team, sometimes it requires an opportunity, like an injury to a player, whom maybe keeping a team mate out of a side, for a player to show they have what it takes to take the next step up. In many cases, its the lack of opportunity that holds players back. If they have what it takes, they will grab that opportunity & show enough to hold their place.If they haven' t...they will be found out quickly. Plenty of examples of players being held back because of lack of opportunity only to blossom once given a chance...through whatever circumstances. In West Perths' case, they have a lot of injuries to key experienced players to cover at one time. Obviously, not ideal at anytime of season & particularly hard for all levels of the Club at the moment, but it may just fast track some players in the eyes of selectors, team mates & supporters. Carpe Diem. Go West!!!

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91035

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Yes that is so Leedy. Coach Monaghan stated along those very lines. Not sure what depth the club has, but it would be a good opportunity for some of the reserves players to enter the league team. Have selected West Perth to dispatch the opponents by 3 goals.

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91091

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: jeez leedy...you better take your boots along mate..you might get a call up. half your starting line-up out through injury is rotten luck. no wonder you've struggled to get over teams. i love it when experts say it gives someone else an opportunity...be buggered I say..if that person was good enough he'd be playing one's already. give me my best 22 any day of the week. guys in the two's need to play well every week and demand a game in the seniors rather than getting picked by default because someone is injured.

:P :lol: :) I would be ready too go BC, I have had my boots and socks in my footy bag for the last 30 years for this very scenario.

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91092

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Victorian Falcon wrote:

Not necessarily right BC. Whilst I agree players should earn their position in the team, sometimes it requires an opportunity, like an injury to a player, whom maybe keeping a team mate out of a side, for a player to show they have what it takes to take the next step up. In many cases, its the lack of opportunity that holds players back. If they have what it takes, they will grab that opportunity & show enough to hold their place.If they haven' t...they will be found out quickly. Plenty of examples of players being held back because of lack of opportunity only to blossom once given a chance...through whatever circumstances. In West Perths' case, they have a lot of injuries to key experienced players to cover at one time. Obviously, not ideal at anytime of season & particularly hard for all levels of the Club at the moment, but it may just fast track some players in the eyes of selectors, team mates & supporters. Carpe Diem. Go West!!!

Good points VF, I have no doubt that a gem will be uncovered with the injury toll we have but as you mentioned it is a massive list that will be hard to be competitive :sick:

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91095

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Classic example at Swans is Yukich who was never really in the frame for a league spot until Nathan Blakely ruptured his ACL. He has really blossomed given the responsibility of leading the ruck. I'm sure there are guys at West Perth who will also step up to the mark.

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91123

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Pretty sure cardy said many a time there were many a player running around in WP reserves who would be easily top 22 at most other WAFL clubs....obviously this isnt the case with WP current position.....injuries certainly do test a clubs overall depth....

Week 5. West Perth at Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #91125

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Classic example at Swans is Yukich who was never really in the frame for a league spot until Nathan Blakely ruptured his ACL. He has really blossomed given the responsibility of leading the ruck. I'm sure there are guys at West Perth who will also step up to the mark.

Spot on Mike, I remember when Lambie was thrust into the ruck as well and become a good ruck men.

• Page:
Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 359 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes