Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85540

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Tigerofold i would do not disagree with you. Well done to the garlics for pulling of the deal with the govt. The WAFC crabs should get Rapone on board if they want to win rights to run new stadium because right now they are looking a distant second.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85545

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Theouterseagull wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Nowhere near as delusional as the twuckie claiming on the now deleted thread we lost over $100k last year! :whistle:

That massive compensation payout the club got for Crowley must have helped the club make a profit. I'm not a truckie anymore I'm a supervisor mobile plant operator and dangerous goods logistics supervisor.

That is a fancy title for the janitor! :cheer:

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85546

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Talking Footy wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Greatwhiteshark wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Greatwhiteshark wrote: Simple question for those closer to the club than I am.
Has it ever been raised about West Perth being the third AFL club out of WA? And if not then why not?
Another franchise will struggle and it would make sense for a traditional club to be the third club.
Why are we not pushing this very hard?
We are going to die a slow death like all other clubs otherwise and even if the answer was no then at least you could say you gave a huge run at it.
Has this been raised at Meetings? What has been discussed and why would we not look at it?

Wouldn't have the supporter base, not enough talent to go around as well. Two is enough although I wish there were none

I agree there is not enough talent to go around but that is not how the AFL thinks, if the reality is that at some point down the track WA gets a third side then the talent issue is not relevant as it will just happen.
The supporter base issue is an interesting one, how many Eagles and Dockers supporters grew up following West Perth?? is it 200, 1000, 5000, or more??? Would they return the club they followed??? Would they support both clubs?
I would think West Perth could easily get 15K members pretty quickly if it was in the AFL.
If the AFL do put a third club in WA they have to invent a club, it would make more sense to put a traditional club in.

You could say the same about Swan Districts too, we produce the best young talent and the most draftees in the comp plus have a huge supporter base so why not base it in Bassendean? Make just as much sense. But I hope neither option happens and it wont anyway, not in the next 30 years

Long bow there mate

Since the inception of the draft

Claremont 64
East Fremantle 61
South Fremantle 44
Swan Districts 40
Subiaco 36
West Perth 36
Perth 34
East Perth 27
Peel 16

Swans have a long way to catch up with Sharks and tigers in quantity and quality.t
Joondalup at least has a car park. Park you car in the streets of Bassendean and it might end up in Midvale or Koongamia.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85548

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
In the recent past (last decade) Swans would be the draft leaders with Claremont and probably SF by a fair way!

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85549

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Be more interested to see which WA clubs produce those players who have had longevity & success at the elite level....eg: 75 plus games plus, F&B, AA selection etc.....pointless including players being drafted then delisted with little or no impact at the elite level within your numbers don't you think BH?.....reckon EF would be well up there success wise over the last 10 - 15 years.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85550

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote: In the recent past (last decade) Swans would be the draft leaders with Claremont and probably SF by a fair way!

Sharks would be able to put together a handy afl team from their players spread over all the other teams.Swans might be able to put together a team that could beat subi.Take away Nic Nat and some ordinary swans have been drafted.Think Newman,Bennell etc.

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85551

• Greatwhiteshark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Freezin wrote: Be more interested to see which WA clubs produce those players who have had longevity & success at the elite level....eg: 75 plus games plus, F&B, AA selection etc.....pointless including players being drafted then delisted with little or no impact at the elite level within your numbers don't you think BH?.....reckon EF would be well up there success wise over the last 10 - 15 years.....

How on earth does one club become a better club because a certain draftee plays better footy?
If you judge your footy club by the quality or amount of drafted players that is just silly.
Drafted players are a raffle, a very small percentage become regulars and the ones that don't can't even star at WAFL level.

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85553

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Talking Footy wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Greatwhiteshark wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Greatwhiteshark wrote: Simple question for those closer to the club than I am.
Has it ever been raised about West Perth being the third AFL club out of WA? And if not then why not?
Another franchise will struggle and it would make sense for a traditional club to be the third club.
Why are we not pushing this very hard?
We are going to die a slow death like all other clubs otherwise and even if the answer was no then at least you could say you gave a huge run at it.
Has this been raised at Meetings? What has been discussed and why would we not look at it?

Wouldn't have the supporter base, not enough talent to go around as well. Two is enough although I wish there were none

I agree there is not enough talent to go around but that is not how the AFL thinks, if the reality is that at some point down the track WA gets a third side then the talent issue is not relevant as it will just happen.
The supporter base issue is an interesting one, how many Eagles and Dockers supporters grew up following West Perth?? is it 200, 1000, 5000, or more??? Would they return the club they followed??? Would they support both clubs?
I would think West Perth could easily get 15K members pretty quickly if it was in the AFL.
If the AFL do put a third club in WA they have to invent a club, it would make more sense to put a traditional club in.

You could say the same about Swan Districts too, we produce the best young talent and the most draftees in the comp plus have a huge supporter base so why not base it in Bassendean? Make just as much sense. But I hope neither option happens and it wont anyway, not in the next 30 years

Long bow there mate

Since the inception of the draft

Claremont 64
East Fremantle 61
South Fremantle 44
Swan Districts 40
Subiaco 36
West Perth 36
Perth 34
East Perth 27
Peel 16

Lets talk about recent history not ancient history
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85554

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Those figures relating to the number of players each club has had drafted are very revealing particularly in regards Claremont, whom have done a great job to win and stay competitive in the WAFL. This principle also applies to EF to a lesser extent, ravaged, as it too, has been by the draft.

$8m free kick 8 years 2 months ago #85556

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

Beasley Hutton wrote: In the recent past (last decade) Swans would be the draft leaders with Claremont and probably SF by a fair way!

Are we talking in quality or quantity BH?.....think more so the latter mate TBH....

GWS....wasn't saying any of those things mate.....draftees are what they are...speculative pics, just interested to see a table of which WAFL clubs produce quality elite players who last the distance, not just fly by nighters......

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 202 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA
  • SteveRep