Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7621

• Falcon
  • Thank you received: 154
Looks like the Libs have stepped up and are going to throw 20Million at the Arena, I am starting to wonder if this site is marked for the 3td AFL club rather than the WPFC, or both?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7649

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Falcon, you and i know where the AFL are directing their interest. Swans will be next. See you on Saturday.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7652

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Falcons spoke about a 3rd AFL team playing out of Joondalup 3 or so years ago. I am suspsecting this is becoming a reality especially if a new stadium has to be supported.
Good news for the Falcons how ever.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7669

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Falcon wrote: Looks like the Libs have stepped up and are going to throw 20Million at the Arena, I am starting to wonder if this site is marked for the 3td AFL club rather than the WPFC, or both?

and if it is an alignment process will you and your Cardinals mates accept the same level of vitriol and crap that EP have had dished up or will that be different!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7725

• royal1
  • Thank you received: 0
Wouldnt it be ironic if EP and WP merged to form the 3rd AFL club...lol

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7729

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Grump wrote:

Falcon wrote: Looks like the Libs have stepped up and are going to throw 20Million at the Arena, I am starting to wonder if this site is marked for the 3td AFL club rather than the WPFC, or both?

and if it is an alignment process will you and your Cardinals mates accept the same level of vitriol and crap that EP have had dished up or will that be different!

Guarenteed to get even more vitriol if it ever happened, but surely Joondy are not that stupid. It's been proven that to create a club out of an existing local club would be a disaster. It failed dismally at Port Adelaide as only port magpies fans followed AFL Port, the same would happen with Joondy. While Joondy are a well supported club they wouldn't have a bigger following than the Port magies had.
Both WA AFL clubs have worked financially due to them being "generic' Perth and Freo based teams with a broad supporter base.

Good luck to the munchers if they get their new facility, lets hope they solve the parking and access problems. Like the leederville precinct which is now a multi sport venue with the adjoining Council indoor spots stadium, if multiple events are on it's hard to get a parking spot.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7733

• freddo139
demons should have gone to thornlie or kelmscott when they had the chance

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #7833

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
i believe perths problem has been a lack of success. moving to thornlie/kelmscott wouldnt have made alot of difference this day and age. maybe a little perhaps but how do you gauge that accurately.

and good luck to westperth in regards to a redevelopment. hope they get a facility that makes them feel like they have a real home. long overdue and lets hope lathlain and east frem oval get the same in the future. looks like they just might so that is a positive for our great footy comp. some positives instead of negatives for a change.

• Page:
Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 192 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL