Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6753

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
www.westperthfc.com.au/latest-news/labor...ew-falcons-facility/

Sounds like good news for you guys if Mark McGowan gets elected. I for one know that I'd love to see Lathlain given a face lift :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6756

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Exactly, why is just one club getting improvements. Why not promise the same for Perth, EF and Swans. Half the WAFL clubs have old rundown training and clubrooms. Luckily this won't happen as Labor have no chance.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6757

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
You would have thought that maybe with Ben Wyatt being the member for Vic Park and also Shadow Treasurer that if the Dee's were to get a revamp then he would be the man to approach.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6768

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I think the WP folk are jumping the gun and assuming that a new facility at the Arena will be for WP, Venues West and JCC control the facilities NOT WP or their board so they will line up just like every other resident, just like the fantastic gym.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump. Reason: spelling, fat thumbs

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6772

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Been confirmed West Perth to own and run the facility Grump. If it comes off will be the best in the metro league at least. I have been at East Perth for years to involve the pollies as that is how long it takes to get any thing done.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6781

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
What is the difference made between a Pollies promise and a pink pig, most folks have seen a pink pig, nothing like the polly tunnel and airline hostess tho'
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6792

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Is this enough for any of those right leaning Joondy supporters to change their vote?

I guess it fits in the same category as the Peel Dockers new facility but at least up at Joondy it will be well used as they have more than 50 supporters.

Can any of you Joondyites tell us if WP are contributing any funds towards the new facility should it be built. Just wondering how the financial structutre compares with the new Claremont facility which will be mostly council funded via land sales and surrounding mixed use developments.

I dont think the feral eagles paid anything for the move to the refurbished WP rooms which was fair enough as they were turfed out to make way for the Glory and Subi's new facilities were paid for by the club, so a range of results for previous clubs that have had to move or are getting refurbished.

All seems hypothetical given the expected result, but then we only need to look back at how "Bloody Jeff" lost the unloseable election in Victoria not so long ago......

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6795

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 131
The new facility has been on the drawing board for a long time and the plans have been approved. The deal is that the West Perth Football Club contributes one third, the AFL contributes one third and the state contributes one third. The AFL visited the club two years ago and are strongly behind the improvements. They are interested in three sectors only, WP zone / PT zone and SD zone. This promise by the labour party changes the whole financial deal. I have this feeling it wont happen unless the Libs match it.

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6826

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Where will it be built? I am guessing adjacent to the existing grandstand on the main gate side of it?

New Facility At Arena 11 years 1 month ago #6834

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 131
The two storey building will be where the Les Fong gates are located, built off the excisting grandstand. As i said in a previous post, the AFL want this to happen asap. If the ALP dont get elected the project will still eventuate. Dont be surprised if Swans get an upgrade in a few years.

• Page:
Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 378 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr