Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78045

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Going to be an interesting week and finals series.

Peel could be a bit short on the ground next week from all reports of Lyon Resting a few players next week. It is another example of the Alignment making a Mockery of the WAFL Finals. We will have to wait and see.

Good news thanks to Leedy post is Bill as soon as a player had a problem he rested them immediately during the game. Fair call as no point in creating a major injury in a Dead Rubber.
The players I was concerned about were Striker,Marcus,Lynchy and Chris Keunen.
Not sure on Lynchy but the rest look ok will have to find out later in the week or sooner if Leedy can get back to us..

We have Nelly , Rassa and Keitel to come back in who were rested last week with niggling injuries.

Will keep an eye on the West this week and the WPFC Website re sidelined players.

Article today from Peel Coach Cam Shepard Re the finals to kick it off

au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/293896...on-laurels-shepherd/

Hopefully we will have all three Grades at Joondalup I was told this would be the case but have since read on WPFC site it is to be announced. Lets hope the WAFL decides to give our 3 teams to play in front of a bit of a crowed at Joondalup.

I had a bit of a play with the finals series and my thoughts.. It wasnt an easy job as it could go any way.. Will make that a separate post. It gives a bit of a indication of what we could be doing.

CHN9 rolled up last week with a lot of hats and they were soon gone. I rang CHN 9 as a lot of supporters said they wanted a hat and asked them if they were going to bring another batch this week. The promotions officer was at a meeting :) but it would be passed on..
It is a great idea and obviously wont do CHN9 any harm.

Here is a pic of the hat... I am thinking of getting a Red Texta Colour and adding a bit of Red. :)

DONT FORGET THE GAME IS ON SUNDAY :lol:
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cardy.

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78047

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here is the post I put up on the WP V CLA thread.. and Leedys post
Feel free to correct the below graph if I stuffed it up but looks right to me :dry:

Possible scenario WP road to finals... The long way 4 Games :(
Short way 3 games with a week off while Prelim being played. :)

games we would have to play in brackets. Getting 2nd on ladder helps with the double chance.

In winning the GF we would have won 12 games straight.. I think this will set a club record as sure previous is 11... Can be corrected on that.

ELIMINATION & QUALIFYING FINAL - 5 September weekend

Elimination Final - EP V CLA
Qualifying Final - WP V Peel (1)

1st & 2nd SEMI FINALS - 12 September weekend

1st Semi Final - Winner Elimination Final v Loser Qualifying Final
2nd Semi Final – SUBIACO v Winner Qualifying Final WP OR PEEL (2)

PRELIMINARY FINAL - 19 September weekend

Winner 1st Semi Final v Loser 2nd Semi Final possibly WP (3)

GRAND FINAL - 27 September weekend

WP l v SUBI or winner Prelim (4)

All up being realistic Subi must be favourites... They will have a rest this week and if they win the 2nd Semi Final they will have another week off. They have a 10 point team who has dominated all year.

Post by Leedy

Adams, Strijk,Lynch and Keunen will all be good to go for next week. Bill's decision to put them in cotton wool after their respective incidents could be telling, no need to win that badly yesterday hence the instructions to step off a bit.

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78048

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good posts on the Peel site by MIKEH ,Swan42 and Time For a Flag etc on who Peel could lose etc etc next week.. Worth a read and informative. Rather than cutting and pasting here will give you the link.. if it doesnt work just goto the Peel thread.
Thanks to these guys for their research and homework. :)

ozfooty.net/joomla16/forum/peel/4662-the...ay-next-sunday#78024

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78051

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
I wouldn't take too much notice of who will or will not play for Peel next week. We have scraped over the line on both occasions this season and as long as our players are switched on and don't buy into the Dockers shit, we will get the job done, if not we will get rolled and put our Finals chances in tatters !

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78054

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Leedy wrote: I wouldn't take too much notice of who will or will not play for Peel next week. We have scraped over the line on both occasions this season and as long as our players are switched on and don't buy into the Dockers shit, we will get the job done, if not we will get rolled and put our Finals chances in tatters !

Exactly mate I wasnt alluding to WP playing any different as it could come back and bite us on the arse. On any given day one on one any side can win and sure we will be running on to put the game away.
It will obviously be to our advantage if Peel/Fremantle does rest key players and the flow on effects the chosen side. I will certainly make the job that little bit easier and there is no denying that :dry:

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78056

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
From the horses mouth

Ross Lyon quote on the AFL website

Another repercussion of potential mass changes for the Dockers would be the impact on their WAFL-aligned club Peel Thunder.

Peel is playing in the club's first ever final next week but the side could be gutted if Fremantle's fringe players get called up to the senior team.

"We're aware of that," Lyon said.

"That would clearly impact them as well. They're an important stakeholder of ours. It's been a really productive alignment. It's been beneficial for both parties.

"We see ourselves as one. But clearly the AFL would override at this stage. But we would certainly be respectful of that."

Will be an interesting week but as you said Cardy, West Perth need just to focus on their preparation and not get distracted by what the opposition are doing.

Last edit: by mikeh.

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78058

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Looking into the crystal ball and it shows the weather for Sunday should be fine with light winds.

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78060

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: From the horses mouth

Ross Lyon quote on the AFL website

Another repercussion of potential mass changes for the Dockers would be the impact on their WAFL-aligned club Peel Thunder.

Peel is playing in the club's first ever final next week but the side could be gutted if Fremantle's fringe players get called up to the senior team.

"We're aware of that," Lyon said.

"That would clearly impact them as well. They're an important stakeholder of ours. It's been a really productive alignment. It's been beneficial for both parties.

"We see ourselves as one. But clearly the AFL would override at this stage. But we would certainly be respectful of that."

Will be an interesting week but as you said Cardy, West Perth need just to focus on their preparation and not get distracted by what the opposition are doing.

Mikeh I rate R Lyon as a coach. As you highlighted the comment I assume that you don't think that diminishing Peel's chances in the finals will be a significant factor in who Freo rest this week.

Perhaps you could have highlighted the preceding sentence: We see ourselves as one. Does this mean the Peel finished on top of the AFL ladder or does it mean that Freo finished third in the WAFL this year?

Last edit: by swan42.

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78063

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I'd say it means both 42

WP V PEEL Qualifying Final 8 years 7 months ago #78086

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
All confirmed WP League, Reserves and Colts playing at Joondalup :)

Not sure about the times they have RESERVES AT 9 AM... Colts 1140 AM

2015 Qualifying Final League Sun, 06 Sep 2:10 PM West Perth vs. Peel Thunder at HBF Arena -
2015 Qualifying Final Reserves Sun, 06 Sep 11:25 AM Subiaco vs. Swan Districts at Medibank Stadium -
2015 Qualifying Final Colts Sun, 06 Sep 9:00 AM Swan Districts vs. Peel Thunder at Medibank Stadium -
Elimination Final
2015 Elimination Final League Sun, 06 Sep 2:10 PM East Perth vs. Claremont at Medibank Stadium -
2015 Elimination Final Reserves Sun, 06 Sep 9:00 AM West Perth vs. East Perth at HBF Arena -
2015 Elimination Final Colts Sun, 06 Sep 11:40 AM East Fremantle vs. West Perth at HBF Arena -

Link www.wafl.com.au/games

Just rang the Club re times and they are Correct Ressies 9 AM Colts 1140 due to the fact the EP the EP support staff have to get back to Medibank for the league game.. Strange
I suppose they also want the players from the Ressies be on time to watch their league side.
Gunna be a long day for me but will be great to watch the colts in action and they will have a half decent crowd with EF supporters turning up to watch their colts.

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 737 guests and 2 members online

• Omah
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric