Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77977

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Cardy wrote: Amazing finish at HBF Arena with Claremont kicking the last 4 goals to beat West Perth 9.15 (69) to 10.7 (67).
The win means Claremont knocks out Swan Districts from the finals but West Perth plays Peel next Sunday in the qualifying final at HBF Arena.
Michael Lourey and Aidan Lynch with 2 goals each for West Perth.
Aaron Black had 36 disposals, Trent Manzone 33, Ray Bartholomew 24, Blake Wilhelm 24, Jay van Berlo 23, Steven Browne 22, Steve Potente 21, Drew Rohde 21.

Lets hope the Injuries to Lynchy,Marcus, Chris and Striker are minor and they can hit the park next week.

Attendance 1850... Dont expect we will have that crowd next week :( Sure all the loyal WPFC will be there.

Peel side could be interesting if Lyons decides to rest a few Dockers.

Congrats to CLA for a great final qtr... Not fair as thats our game... All the best to them v EP.. Condolences to SD we tried but not good enough in the end.

Cardy, listened to most of the last qtr after the Subi game finished and the commentators mentioned the lack of rotations for Joondy after losing one of your boys early, plus you lost Keunen later who is massive for your mob, the real difference when you beat us, so can understand that you ran out of legs in the last. Whats the deal with Keunen as he's one of the very best ruckman going around and a key for your finals chances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77988

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Not sure on Chris Keunen mate. It was an eye injury that kept him out last week but he did appear to be limping in this one.
Yep Striker when early up the race.. followed by Marcus Adams later and then Lynchy went down with him holding his leg in the Hammy area.
All bad news.

Our smalls picked up and fought valiantly and was impressed especially with
Blake Wilhelm who was in everything in the back line as you might of heard on the radio.
As I said our small brigade fought hard with Manzone, Blacky,Browny,VB , Ray Bartholemew have a great game, Potente working hard along with a couple of others ...Rodda did a good job Thankfully No injuries in that group.

Nelly, Kody thankfully rested by Bill otherwise they could of been other casualties and will be back next week

Problem is a couple of CLA key players where given a Free ticket with Striker and Marcus leaving the game. Keplar was held well by Marcus but we saw the result after he left the field a very handy 2 goals.

Could really go to town on the post mortem on game but all eyes will now be on next week and how our guys recover from the injuries.

I feel a few of our guys are getting leg weary after 8 games on the trot and managing the team would of been hard work for Bill. No complaints from me as we still had to retain that 2nd position.
Last bye we had was back on 4 July...

Having said that though I am not to concerned that we can get a very good team on the field over the next couple of games with a couple comming back in.
Still a couple in the Ressies performing well being Antonio,Crisp I have been impressed with Max Alexander as well who could come in as a tall if required.
A couple of the other guys in Ressies capable of comming up but lets hope it doesnt come to that.

Hopefully Bill will have light training leading up to the game next Sunday and the extra day off should help.

Looking forward to next week.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77989

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Possible scenario WP road to finals... The long way 4 Games :(
Short way 3 games with a week off while Prelim being played. :)

games we would have to play in brackets. Getting 2nd on ladder helps with the double chance.

In winning the GF we would have won 12 games straight.. I think this will set a club record as sure previous is 11... Can be corrected on that.

ELIMINATION & QUALIFYING FINAL - 5 September weekend

Elimination Final - EP V CLA
Qualifying Final - WP V Peel (1)

1st & 2nd SEMI FINALS - 12 September weekend

1st Semi Final - Winner Elimination Final v Loser Qualifying Final
2nd Semi Final – SUBIACO v Winner Qualifying Final WP OR PEEL (2)

PRELIMINARY FINAL - 19 September weekend

Winner 1st Semi Final v Loser 2nd Semi Final possibly WP (3)

GRAND FINAL - 27 September weekend

WP l v SUBI or winner Prelim (4)

All up being realistic Subi must be favourites... They will have a rest this week and if they win the 2nd Semi Final they will have another week off. They have a 10 point team who has dominated all year.

Last edit: by Cardy.

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77990

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Adams, Strijk,Lynch and Keunen will all be good to go for next week. Bill's decision to put them in cotton wool after their respective incidents could be telling, no need to win that badly yesterday hence the instructions to step off a bit.

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77991

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Cardy wrote: Not sure on Chris Keunen mate. It was an eye injury that kept him out last week but he did appear to be limping in this one.
Yep Striker when early up the race.. followed by Marcus Adams later and then Lynchy went down with him holding his leg in the Hammy area.
All bad news.

Our smalls picked up and fought valiantly and was impressed especially with
Blake Wilhelm who was in everything in the back line as you might of heard on the radio.
As I said our small brigade fought hard with Manzone, Blacky,Browny,VB , Ray Bartholemew have a great game, Potente working hard along with a couple of others ...Rodda did a good job Thankfully No injuries in that group.

Nelly, Kody thankfully rested by Bill otherwise they could of been other casualties and will be back next week

Problem is a couple of CLA key players where given a Free ticket with Striker and Marcus leaving the game. Keplar was held well by Marcus but we saw the result after he left the field a very handy 2 goals.

Could really go to town on the post mortem on game but all eyes will now be on next week and how our guys recover from the injuries.

I feel a few of our guys are getting leg weary after 8 games on the trot and managing the team would of been hard work for Bill. No complaints from me as we still had to retain that 2nd position.
Last bye we had was back on 4 July...

Having said that though I am not to concerned that we can get a very good team on the field over the next couple of games with a couple comming back in.
Still a couple in the Ressies performing well being Antonio,Crisp I have been impressed with Max Alexander as well who could come in as a tall if required.
A couple of the other guys in Ressies capable of comming up but lets hope it doesnt come to that.

Hopefully Bill will have light training leading up to the game next Sunday and the extra day off should help.

Looking forward to next week.

Despite losing your first home game of the season, it's still a massive home ground advantage up there quite a trek for the 2 or 3 real Peel players who have to travel all the way from Mandurah :-)

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77994

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Leedy wrote: Adams, Strijk,Lynch and Keunen will all be good to go for next week. Bill's decision to put them in cotton wool after their respective incidents could be telling, no need to win that badly yesterday hence the instructions to step off a bit.

Phew thanks for that Leedy Good news and appreciate it.. So Lynchy must of had a cramp?
What about Marcus?

So looking at our backs we will have Nelly, Laine Rasmussen and Kody comming back in as well.

All good :)

SS Yep mate there will plenty of car parks around next week. :)

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77997

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Noticed West Perth have the second best Home ground advantage. Currently sitting at 22 points. Their Away ground rate is also the second best of all the teams at 2.
Hopefully both West Perth and Claremont can get the jobs done next week and piss the alignments off out of it!

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #77999

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Listening to the last bit of the Dorkers game in passing. Commentators said older players on the bench resting. Claim Lyon will most probably rest a few next week.
Looks like Peel could have a problem. Lyon wont even risk borderline players in case of injury. Sounds good to me. Will wait and see.

Jonesy will be busy next week playing for Peel :cheer:

Nice gesture by the Dorkers :( and it shows where they stand when it comes to WAFL.
But having said that can you blame him when playing AFL finals.
Just another example of how the Alignment is a load of shit and just convenient to the AFL clubs concerned.

Suits WP though. B)

Eagles got a bit of a thrashing today wonder how it will influence EP sides?

The Feral Dogs at the WAFC will be yelping this week. :oops:

Shaking a Tigers Tail 8 years 7 months ago #78000

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Cardy wrote: Listening to the last bit of the Dorkers game in passing. Commentators said older players on the bench resting. Claim Lyon will most probably rest a few next week.
Looks like Peel could have a problem. Lyon wont even risk borderline players in case of injury. Sounds good to me. Will wait and see.

Jonesy will be busy next week playing for Peel :cheer:

Nice gesture by the Dorkers :( and it shows where they stand when it comes to WAFL.
But having said that can you blame him when playing AFL finals.
Just another example of how the Alignment is a load of shit and just convenient to the AFL clubs concerned.

Suits WP though. B)

Eagles got a bit of a thrashing today wonder how it will influence EP sides?

The Feral Dogs at the WAFC will be yelping this week. :oops:

Cardy the REAL Peel will be paying next Sunday.

Peel side 8 years 7 months ago #78002

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great we might be able to rest a few players.. ;) ;)

Great finals... 2 pretender clubs and 3 WAFL clubs.. so basically we are down to a 3 side WAFL finals LOL... Well you gotta count $ubi even though they have pinched a few from other clubs and imported others 8 plus 10 point players and players from other WAFL clubs :(

I see Swans have a few playing there now.. A couple from WP and a couple from EF. etc

Nice to have money :blush: and it keeps pouring in from the WAFC friends they have with the bar takings and Function rooms. A lot of dollars. Comphensation they say from the Lease on Subi running out... Hmmmmmm

At times I wonder like many other WAFL clubs if its worth following the WAFL anymore but BLOOD is thicker than water.

WAFC hypocrites when they allow this and PISS on a club that gets a MAJOR sponser that keeps their head above water and competitive..

Kennards hire took their sponsorship away from a WAFL club of $50,000 a year to get in on the payment to Channel 7. Now that must of hurt. Claremont arent exactly travelling well financially... GREAT TO SEE THE WAFC IS LOOKING AFTER WAFL CLUBS - NOT!!! :blush:

Claremont are disgruntled after losing a long-running sponsorship deal to the WA Football Commission.

Kennards Hire have wound up their sponsorship of the Tigers after signing as a funding partner attached to Channel 7's WAFL broadcast deal.

The equipment hire firm was last week announced as a naming-rights partner of the league's umpiring department after negotiations with WAFC officials.

Read About it here CLICK ON LINK

au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/262731...ose-sponsor-to-wafc/

Attachments:

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 606 guests and 2 members online

• Freezin

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL