Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79130

• LTRFTP
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
The ABC walked away. Where has this crap come from? Cuts to the ABC by a gutless and piss weak government. A government that cries foul when the media stands up to them. Thank god for Andrew Bolt and his unbiased look upon this world. 2018, the WAFL will be back on the ABC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79133

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Any TV coverage is better than none otherwise the WAFL gets no profile at all, so Channel 7 have taken the baton from the ABC in that sense. Having said that I have been frustrated this season by:

1. The inability to cover all rounds of the season
2. The inability to cover West Perth games which has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other threads
3. The manipulation of game times to fit in with Channel 7's AFL coverage
4. The tailing off of promotion of the WAFL during the season after a big fanfare at the beginning of the season.
5. The underlying feeling that this is the classic "tail wagging the dog" situation with the WAFC apparently becoming a sub department of Channel 7 , answerable to their head of sport.

The beauty of the ABC coverage was that everyone knew that Saturday arvo was the WAFL coverage time whereas this lot have been all over the shop and I am sure most footy fans would not know ( or care) when the TV coverage is this weekend, obviously drowned out by the AFL hysteria as well

Last edit: by mikeh.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79134

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

ArkRoyal wrote: Baz -- the ABC -- as a Crown Corporation -- stopped covering the competition because of cuts to its funds by the Tory Government in Canberra

Crap the ABC has enough money for 3 or is it 4 TV channels they run a pointless mindnumbing 24 hour news channel that must cost a mint to run, how many radio stations have they got at the last count.? they have Billions to spend at TAX PAYER expense.

They chose to drop sport, in THEIR priority choice, they chose to CUT and RUN from local sports coverage and spend the money other places.

Thats despite the WAFC pumping $100,000.00 into the ABC over the years. Thanks but were out of here.

Fact is the ABC have been wanting to DUMP WAFL for years, what happened last year was just an excuse to cut and run and spend the money on other things.

No dounbt Tony Jones salaray never got cut but WAFL did.

The GAYBC have other priorities these days.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79135

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

LTRFTP wrote: The ABC walked away. Where has this crap come from? Cuts to the ABC by a gutless and piss weak government. A government that cries foul when the media stands up to them. Thank god for Andrew Bolt and his unbiased look upon this world. 2018, the WAFL will be back on the ABC.

Dream on the ABC will never be back with WAFL.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79136

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Any TV coverage is better than none otherwise the WAFL gets no profile at all, so Channel 7 have taken the baton from the ABC in that sense. Having said that I have been frustrated this season by:

2. The inability to cover West Perth games which has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other threads
4. The tailing off of promotion of the WAFL during the season after a big fanfare at the beginning of the season.
5. The underlying feeling that this is the classic "tail wagging the dog" situation with the WAFC apparently becoming a sub department of Channel 7 , answerable to their head of sport.

The beauty of the ABC coverage was that everyone knew that Saturday arvo was the WAFL coverage time whereas this lot have been all over the shop and I am sure most footy fans would not know ( or care) when the TV coverage is this weekend, obviously drowned out by the AFL hysteria as well

I agree with all that, but after the ABC decided to dump WAFL on its arse, where to from there, as you say some coverage is better than none.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79139

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Baz -- at least you sort of acknowledged the place of the government cuts. In truth, together with the cuts, they stopped their coverage because nobody was watching the games, and most importantly, since the 1980s, the ABC has been on a 'make the masses Australians crusade'; this involves stressing everything which is national as against interests which are regionally or state based. This type of national ideology, having long been the bed rock of the ALP, now has its place in virtually all of our political parties and institutions, including sport.

I dislike the way channel 7 has treated WP, but overall, their coverage has lifted the profile of the completion a wee bit. In general, I turn the sound down so that I don't have to listen to the commentators go on about all the AFL players, whether they have influenced the game or other wise.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79153

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

mikeh wrote: Any TV coverage is better than none otherwise the WAFL gets no profile at all, so Channel 7 have taken the baton from the ABC in that sense. Having said that I have been frustrated this season by:

I agree with all that, but after the ABC decided to dump WAFL on its arse, where to from there, as you say some coverage is better than none.

Bazza can you please provide the proof when you assert that the ABC dropped the coverage of the WAFL footy. It is my understanding that Clint Wheeldon from teh ABC at a lunchtime address at Joondalup said that the ABC had not made a decision with respect to televising the WAFL. Further it was Sautner who had TOLD the ABC they would not be considered and had also told Channel 9 they would not be considered.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79154

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ArkRoyal wrote: Baz -- at least you sort of acknowledged the place of the government cuts. In truth, together with the cuts, they stopped their coverage because nobody was watching the games, and most importantly, since the 1980s, the ABC has been on a 'make the masses Australians crusade'; this involves stressing everything which is national as against interests which are regionally or state based. This type of national ideology, having long been the bed rock of the ALP, now has its place in virtually all of our political parties and institutions, including sport.

I dislike the way channel 7 has treated WP, but overall, their coverage has lifted the profile of the completion a wee bit. In general, I turn the sound down so that I don't have to listen to the commentators go on about all the AFL players, whether they have influenced the game or other wise.

AR I am a little bemused as to how you think that Channel 7 has raised the profile of the WAFL through their telecasts. I presume you didn't mean through their ongoing dispute with West Perth? Compared to the ABC where you knew that the game was going to be on a Saturday at 2 pm (with a rare exception a Public Holiday Monday) it is anyone's guess when the WAFL, if at all, would be televised on Channel 7 or one of its digital channels and at what time.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79279

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Rival backdown ensures WAFL telecasts

The telecast of the WAFL grand final has now been guaranteed after Channel 9 back down over its sponsorship of club West Perth.Official league broadcaster Channel 7 has threatened to not show the preliminary and grand finals if West Perth persisted in wearing the rival sponsor.But thewest.com.au understands Channel 9 and the WA Football Commission came to an agreement today.It is believed the Falcons will wear the logo of charity, Variety, on their jumpers for televised matches.West Perth matches have not been shown this season because of the sponsorship conflict. The Channel 9 sponsorship is believed to be worth $100,000 in cash and contra a year for three seasons to the Falcons.The WAFC has already ruled West Perth in breach of its playing licence and has flagged the potential to seek damages for the commission, its broadcast sponsors and other WAFL clubs.As part of the new deal it is believed the WAFC will make a $25,000 donation to Variety.Channel 7 managing director Mario D'Orazio said, "We are delighted to be broadcasting West Perth matches on TV".

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 7 months ago #79657

• LTRFTP
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
So what about the scoreboard at HBF, or are they going to broadcast from the scoreboard?

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 281 guests and 5 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes