Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14760

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2021
Seems like an age since the Swannies have played, hope they haven't forgotten how :) . The last home game was in fact back on April 13th vs Souths. This weeks game will be a ripper I reckon. Both teams are in similar situations on the ladder with East Perth having lost one more game.

East Perth will have an advantage over Swans in the big man Department with Josh Smith, Johnson and Lycett. Swans have an excellent defence led by Tallen Ames, but they will need to be on their guard against all those big blokes. The Eagles(oops sorry Royals!) will probably have Adam Selwood, Cripps and Morton to bolster their already solid midfield and if they can get on top in this area, Swans could find it hard.

It will be interesting to see if Swans have anyone ready to come back from injury this week ( Roach, Blight, Elari). We will probably have Neale from the Dockers and maybe even Andrew Embley if Worsfold decides to give him a run in the WAFL. I hope that Dayle Garlett can continue his form of a few weeks back against West Perth, he could be a real X factor in this game.

The other thing that adds a bit of spice to this game is the return of Brian Dawson to Bassendean for the first time since the 2010 premiership. He coached a number of the Swans players for 3 years so he would certainly have an intimate knowledge of how guys like Robinson, Twomey, Notte and Lammie go about their business. Interesting to see if he can use that knowledge to East Perths advantage.

All in all it promises to be a classic and I can't wait for saturday. Two clubs with pretty decent followings. Is it too much to expect 3- 4000 on a fine day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14770

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2876
When was the last time in WAFL history a club didnt play for 3 consecutive Saturdays?
I dont know about what other Swans supporters think but this better not be allowed to happen again by the WAFC as I have been starved of real footy!
Anzac Day seems as far back as Xmas Day to me!

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14781

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 925

mikeh wrote:
All in all it promises to be a classic and I can't wait for saturday. Two clubs with pretty decent followings. Is it too much to expect 3- 4000 on a fine day?

I dare say a few more mikeh with WCE playing on Friday night!!.....I wonder if WCE will give Newman a run in the reserves for EP on Sat....you know ease him back in gently after his latest injury woes? ;)

Should be a good spectacle TBH.....Smith v Ames or Simpson, Johnson v Lammie, Moss/Lee/Wulff etc v Hildebrandt/Robinson/Garlett etc.....EP seem slow to start these days....perhaps SD needs to jump them early and hope they hang on.....hard to pick a winner out of these two sides on paper......though SD extra zip may prove crucial over all......

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14799

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Newman playing for the club formerly known as East Perth - please explain.

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14807

• Thank you received: 1
What do you all think about fitness? Swans have sat 3 weeks out and training is great but compared to match fitness do you think its harder to get back into the swing of things?

Seen on the AFL injury list today that Neale is out for 4-6 and Newman 2 weeks.

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14886

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

1986 wrote: What do you all think about fitness? Swans have sat 3 weeks out and training is great but compared to match fitness do you think its harder to get back into the swing of things?

Seen on the AFL injury list today that Neale is out for 4-6 and Newman 2 weeks.

I suspect that the break would have been good for those recovering from injury, e.g. Roach, or those with some niggles. With respect to fitness, I don't think that it willbe an impediment having the two weeks off; the pre-season preparation will cover that. It will come down to our mental approach. If that is good, we will have a good result.

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14917

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Mikeh, I dunno about cale Morton bolstering eagle Perths mid field, more like the opposite it could be argued.

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14936

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I agree tigger.

What I've seen of Cale Morton he would be battling to get a kick in an electric chair.
:P :P :P :P :P :P
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14948

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Freezin wrote:

mikeh wrote:

I dare say a few more mikeh with WCE playing on Friday night!!.....I wonder if WCE will give Newman a run in the reserves for EP on Sat....you know ease him back in gently after his latest injury woes? ;)

Should be a good spectacle TBH.....Smith v Ames or Simpson, Johnson v Lammie, Moss/Lee/Wulff etc v Hildebrandt/Robinson/Garlett etc.....EP seem slow to start these days....perhaps SD needs to jump them early and hope they hang on.....hard to pick a winner out of these two sides on paper......though SD extra zip may prove crucial over all......

was happy newman stayed at bombo valley.and after how things have so far turned out i am even happier.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

Swans V East Perth @ Bassendean 10 years 11 months ago #14950

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2021
Good to see Embers having a run for Swans on Saturday. Possibly his last game for the black and whites so I will be there cheering him on. Roach back too so the 3 week break has been good from the point of view of injury recovery. Looks a pretty solid team. The only worry is East Perths big boys who could run amok if their midfield get on top, so it is up to guys like Riggio, Robinson, Roach, Davis and Hildebrandt to get the clearances. Wes will have his work cut out that's for sure with Smith, Lycett and Johnson who could potentially go up against him.
As for East Perth they have dropped Seal and White and have lost Rosa and Selwood to the Eagles. Oakley-Nicholls is back and he has a bit of pace which will probably be needed on Saturday.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 244 guests and 2 members online

• TheRock
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020