Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169257

• Goodie
  • Goodie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
What a beautiful day. Would love to get down to Bassendean and watch a footy match. Take the kids along and introduce them to swans. No afl matches to compete with and could get 5-10 thousand depending on who they’re playing. I find it hard to get to swans games anymore and today would be the perfect day to showcase the club. Bring a bit of pride back to the club and the area.

I have posted this on and off over the last 15 years on this site and the old footygoss. I rarely post anymore. It is an out and out disgrace that swans don’t take this opportunity to play a game today. I have heard all the counter arguments and they don’t stack up. The wafl is all but dead and this is one of the reasons why. Terrible administrations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Goodie.

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169259

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
I know why the WAFC dont put us on the Foundation Day Monday game Goodie it is because the SD vs P clashes would have a bigger attendance than the other 2 Derbys on the same day.
A very good crowd on Saturday for the game but would have been triple that figure today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, ArkRoyal

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169263

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Those of us who remember the vibrant competition that WAFL was in the 70's and 80s are the lucky ones because there were lots of sunny days like today where you would head for suburban ovals, ready to banter with opposition supporters and watch a great standard of footy in front of crowds of 10k. What do we have now? Sanitised stadiums full of Eagles or Dockers supporters with a smattering of opposition fans and a WAFL competition that is a shell of what it used to be. I do think we have lost something but what do I know? Maybe I'm just living in the past.

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169264

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

Beasley Hutton wrote: I know why the WAFC dont put us on the Foundation Day Monday game Goodie it is because the SD vs P clashes would have a bigger attendance than the other 2 Derbys on the same day.
A very good crowd on Saturday for the game but would have been triple that figure today.

Not sure about getting triple Saturdays crowd on Foundation Day BH but I reckon there was a bigger crowd at Lathlain on Saturday than what I'm seeing at the Fremantle derdy today.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169265

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
I'm at Leederville Perth Derby.It's 3\4 time and the Ferals lead by 12 points.Should be 5 up but WP are holding on.5000 here

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169266

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
The fremantle crowds will go back up now that EF have been revived by William; having said that, there is no reason why they could not fixture all games today, I agree.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169297

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

gtrxuone wrote: I'm at Leederville Perth Derby.It's 3\4 time and the Ferals lead by 12 points.Should be 5 up but WP are holding o
n.5000 here

I was at Leederville today mate and no way was it 5000, more like 3k max
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169303

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
I am definitely in favour of staging all games on the WA Day holiday - I mean why not ??? it makes good business sense to maximise attendances on a public holiday where everyone gets a share
Play the two AFL arses on the Saturday no-one cares about them anyway
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169314

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Swandog wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: I'm at Leederville Perth Derby.It's 3\4 time and the Ferals lead by 12 points.Should be 5 up but WP are holding o
n.5000 here

Rubbish Swandog, there are other clubs do things better than Swans at times mate, there was between 4k-4500 comfortably.

What a beautiful day. 4 years 9 months ago #169319

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Leedy wrote:

Swandog wrote:

n.5000 here

Rubbish Swandog, there are other clubs do things better than Swans at times mate, there was between 4k-4500 comfortably.[/quote

In the West Australian online edition there was a crowd figure quoted of 3364 so if this is correct Swandog is pretty close to the mark.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 395 guests and 6 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • GarlicBreath
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88