Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #168995

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
So we meet the Demons for the 2nd time this season even though Swans are yet to play Claremont or Peel.
I wonder which Swans team will run out this week, the one that played with desperation and intensity against the Eagles or the insipid rabble that turned up against East Fremantle the week before
Same personnel, different mindset. I read an article by Nathan Blakely on the Swans website which said that some harsh and honest words had been spoken in a team meeting after that East Fremantle defeat about where the team was falling short in the commitment required to be a successful WAFL team. This feedback was from the players not coaches and this may have had some impact on their improved performance last week. The challenge is now to carry that commitment to team into future games. I have trawled through the WAFL website to try and find out whether Hampson was suspended for his hit on Grey, couldnt find anything. They used to publish tribunal results under the scores but not any more. The absence of George would be a significant dent in our midfield.
Perth will be looking to bounce back after 2 losses and after the last encounter I think they would be confident that they have Swans covered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #168996

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
George was apparently given a reprimand at the tribunal Mike.
What will be interesting to see this week is the match ups for Ninyette (who was given far too much space and time last meeting), Bennell & Roe who are ll capable of hitting the scoreboard in big doses if not given close attention. Also Byrne, Jones, Yeo, Sinclair, Leggett etc love playing against us so will be expecting their usual mountain of possessions vs SD.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169010

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Going to be match of the week this one.
Perth needing a win after 2 consecutive losses, and Swans chasing their third win.
Looking at the league ladder shows Swans have a possibility of sneaking into the to 5 due to their percentage.
Of course the result of the West Perth game will determine which way it falls.
This match is a big game for both clubs. A win for Perth will steady the ship.
One feels that Swans need to start stringing some wins together and if they can play like they did last week, they will give themselves every chance.
Out of the last five matches between the 2 clubs, Swans have won 3 and Perth 2.
Weather for game day is forecasted to be cloudy around the metro area. A maximum of 25ยบ with 8 knot N/E winds

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169039

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

mikeh wrote: So we meet the Demons for the 2nd time this season even though Swans are yet to play Claremont or Peel.
I wonder which Swans team will run out this week, the one that played with desperation and intensity against the Eagles or the insipid rabble that turned up against East Fremantle the week before
Same personnel, different mindset. I read an article by Nathan Blakely on the Swans website which said that some harsh and honest words had been spoken in a team meeting after that East Fremantle defeat about where the team was falling short in the commitment required to be a successful WAFL team. This feedback was from the players not coaches and this may have had some impact on their improved performance last week. The challenge is now to carry that commitment to team into future games. I have trawled through the WAFL website to try and find out whether Hampson was suspended for his hit on Grey, couldnt find anything. They used to publish tribunal results under the scores but not any more. The absence of George would be a significant dent in our midfield.
Perth will be looking to bounce back after 2 losses and after the last encounter I think they would be confident that th
ey have Swans covered.

This will be a good yard stick for Swans v Perth. I see WC had 5+ players from either Ammo's or other WAFL clubs come in to the side v Swans that hadn't played League or any WAFL footy at Reserves or Colts level for 3+ years so not sure if the win was a good one or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169040

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Leedy wrote:

mikeh wrote: So we meet the Demons for the 2nd time this season even though Swans are yet to play Claremont or Peel.
Perth will be looking to bounce back after 2 losses and after the last encounter I think they would be confident that th
ey have Swans covered.

This will be a good yard stick for Swans v Perth. I see WC had 5+ players from either Ammo's or other WAFL clubs come in to the side v Swans that hadn't played League or any WAFL footy at Reserves or Colts level for 3+ years so not sure if the win was
a good one or not.

They where not hard to spot on the field Leedy.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169041

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Swans would have to improve on last weeks effort to beat Perth tho WC had that monster in the ruck and similar to Griffen the week before big Blakes struggles against those big blokes, against Eyres he may be able to be more effective.
we have very good tall targets, just need to get it down there more, Kohlman's marking last week was very good.
Bain and Daniels would have to be under the pump at selection, 3 kicks each is a poor effort..

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169045

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
If Perth are unable to get the forward line to function, Swans should win this. We have kicked 8-9 goals the last 3 weeks, in perfect conditions. Langdon, Cary and Dennis would be easy pickings for any half decent defender, so we need a lot out of Bennell, Ninyette and Roe. Eyres will be towelled up by Blakely both in the ruck and around the ground. Ultimately, Perth need a more even performance. Our lesser players started the year well and have now dropped right off. We also need our midfield to push forward and get on the scoreboard. I predict a low quality, low scoring game with Swans getting up by a couple of goals.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169058

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

MarkOlsen wrote: Swans would have to improve on last weeks effort to beat Perth tho WC had that monster in the ruck and similar to Griffen the week before big Blakes struggles against those big blokes, against Eyres he may be able to be more effective.
we have very good tall targets, just need to get it down there more, Kohlman's marking last week was very good.
Bain and Daniels would have to be under the pump at selection, 3 kicks each is a poor effort..

In fairness to Daniels MO (who is a tough cookie) he had the absolute stuffing knocked out of him early in the game when he was going for a mark and was hit front on and no surprise he didnt even receive a free kick for it either.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169184

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
One word - fitness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 4 years 10 months ago #169205

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

Success Hill wrote: One word - fitness.

The loss of Cipro for the 2nd half on a hot day didnt help SH.
Having said that we wilted in the face of finals type pressure from Perth after half time. Not sure what Spalding said at the long break but they ramped up the pressure and Swans couldnt go with them. All the stats pointed to a one sided game as Perth had 80 more possessions and nearly 30 more inside 50s but Swans hung in there well, assisted by some wasteful play by Perth particularly in the last quarter. They will have to tidy that up next week if they want to challenge Subiaco.
It has been a frustrating season because nobody has got hold of us this year but we have still lost 6 out of 8 games and the rest of the season is looking pretty tough now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by mikeh.
  • Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 830 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020