Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168362

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Beasley Hutton wrote:

ROYAL 2019 wrote: What do you guys think of Mitch Howlett?

Umm not much to be honest Royal he is short, slow and barely touches the footy.
We already have plenty of small players his type what we need are bigger bodied mids with pace.
God knows why he was recruited as we have better players in our Reserves not getting a League game!

I would hope that some of those reserves boys get a crack at it next week as after that performance yesterday a statement needs to be made by the selectors and coach. As for Howlett he certainly was pretty underwhelming yesterday but so were a lot of his mates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: therealswansman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168367

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Mike I was extremely fortunate to be in the presence of SDFC royalty with many of our 1980s stars in attendance upstairs at the club yesterday.
The likes of Nowotny, Langsford, Richardson, Fogarty, Solin, Holmes, Mullooly, Fitzgerald, Outridge, Hoyer, Dawson etc were all there and as we know most of those blokes would have given their right arm on the field for a SD win but they had to witness one of the most softest, weakest, effortless, half hearted exhibitions of supposed WAFL League footy imaginable from a team who have won only 2 games in the last 12 months or so and havent walked off Bassendean Oval with a win in a year.
EF were not much better than us skill wise (we are atrocious in that field) but left us for dead in effort, intensity and determination.
They had about 60 more disposals but glaringly also laid 30 or 40 more tackles, how many times has that happened in the last few seasons-plenty, which suggests we have a lazy uncommitted group playing for us.
I dont coach bash and I stood up for Harding when many thought he should have gone earlier but it wouldnt matter if Jack Oatey or Phil Matsen were coaching the current SD League side as none of the players seem to listen or care and have no idea how to fashion in a win through either grit and determination or by skill and precision.
At the very least 6 players should be dropped for the spineless non effort put up yesterday and young boys like Daniels, Hackett, Coniglio, Dean, Riley, Italiano, Bill, Ireland, Beck, Hinder, Farrant, Clarke. Smith etc given at least a month of senior footy to acclimatise to the level and demands as the current incumbents have had many an opportunity and failed to grasp it!

Most of those guys BH but perhaps Smith and Coniglio have been given opportunities at league level before and been found wanting? I think there is more than enough ability in the current side but it is a total lack of effort by most of the players that is costing us games. Swans were absolutely smashed in clearances yesterday thanks to the total dominance of Griffin and most ttimes the ball came out of a pack it was Eardly or Kommer or Boekhurst or Jansen or any of their other mids running away with the ball. Tony Notte and Jesse Turner give an effort every week, but for the rest of them its dependant on whether they feel like it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168368

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Mike you wonder what the 1980s boys would have thought witnessing that shit dished up by the current crop- uncommitted, unskilled, lack of attention to detail, all the little 1%ers- tackling, shepherding, blocking, talking for your team mates in a better position all non existent and that is why we have barely done a thing as a club since that era because none of those are adhered to anymore!

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168379

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
BH those 80s guys were a special group mate, same as that 60s group...thus pretty hard to compare those boys to the average footballer....reckon with no AFL that period between 2008-2010 could of seen another 3 peat...just goes to show these groups don't come round very often....saying that these boys have set a benchmark for SDFC expectations so well and truly can see your frustration. I see Simpson kicked 3 after half time....how is going and did George get any extra attention from the EF boys during the game?

Would it be safe to say EP EF and SD are in the running to fill rungs 10-8 on the ladder?...or will WCE being in the running as well? Steel Blue was always one of the best grounds to watch the WAFL when I lived in Perth....great viewing, spacious and with plenty of green grass...as you know Andy ran me ragged a few times up that scoreboard wing...LOL...despite the obvious disappointing result and performance must of been great rubbing shoulders again with some of those 80s playing group...were Melrose and Neesham there?

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168381

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249
I did happen to spot an East Freo 2 times premiership player, former coach and Sandover medalist at the game yesterday - wearing what appeared to be a swans cap. I don't think Georgie received extra attention - the game was certainly not spiteful. East Freo played the ball whilst swans looked generally disinterested probably wanting to be somewhere else.

Last edit: by Ti Em.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168383

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Leedy wrote: Can anyone at Basso explain the Face Book add headed "Swans,Hampson host Sharks". Why would you give the Sharks any fuel whatsoever ???

I rest my case...............

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168386

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ti Em wrote: I did happen to spot an East Freo 2 times premiership player, former coach and Sandover medalist at the game yesterday - wearing what appeared to be a swans cap. I don't think Georgie received extra attention - the game was certainly not spiteful. East Freo played the ball whilst swans looked generally disinterested probably wanting to be somewhere else.

Are you talking about Malaxos Tiem? He has been an assistant coach at Swans for a number of years. As for your assessment of the game yesterday it was pretty spot on
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168387

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Leedy wrote:

Leedy wrote: Can anyone at Basso explain the Face Book add headed "Swans,Hampson host Sharks". Why would you give the Sharks any fuel whatsoever ???

I rest my case...............

I think that dreadful article that was published about 3 weeks ago where Hampson critcised Mognahan had more motivational impact than this weekends post Leedy. All pretty brainless really.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168388

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
So is the Board insane.
They should have shown Smart the door years ago, long before Harding fell on his sword.
Rather than go with what we have Smart recruits players of substance and character to the club,
Dayle Garlett, - always a problem child who we couldn't get rid of quick enough in the first place
Chris Yarran - who Carlton couldn't get rid of quick enough
Murray Newman - who previously walked out of a game at Qtr time, we entice him back with $20k upfront and he never played again
Ryan Crowley - convicted AFL drug cheat, what a great influence on our young players
Slater, Wytick, Clutterbuck,Payne, Howlett,- all list fillers but didn't bring anything we didn't already have.
The time for change is now..
But shh, don't mention it to the Fireman or otherwise he might never fulfill his destiny of becoming the worst President in the History of the club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168389

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249

mikeh wrote:

Ti Em wrote: I did happen to spot an East Freo 2 times premiership player, former coach and Sandover medalist at the game yesterday - wearing what appeared to be a swans cap. I don't think Georgie received extra attention - the game was certainly not spiteful. East Freo played the ball whilst swans looked generally disinterested probably wanting to be somewhere else.

Are you talking about Malaxos Tiem? He has been an assistant coach at Swans for a number of years. As for your assessment of the game yesterday it was pretty spot on

That is a relief as I was a little concerned when I saw Stavros yesterday - thought perhaps he was not well. But that explains it - cheers Mikeh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 523 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL