Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167491

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Your mission should you choose to accept..... is to try and beat a team that has not lost a home and away game since round 1 2017. Not quite mission impossible but clearly mission highly improbable. Just think if it hadn't been for some Freo stacking by Peel in the 2017 finals Subiaco would be sitting on around 45 consecutive wins and would have well and truly busted East Fremantles all time record set in 1946. The scary thing is that I read Horsley quoted saying during the week that the players are not satisfied, still hungry for more premierships and want to keep the standards they have set over the past 5 years. That is bad news for anyone trying to beat them. Above and beyond their talent pool they seem to have developed this culture of excellence that every player buys into.

Having said that I dont think they are as invincible as they were in 2018 and I believe they will be beaten by somebody this season ( Claremont,Perth or West Coast are the most likely) they may even lose 2 or 3 in the qualifying round but I think when the business end of the season comes along they will again probably be irresistable.

So I'm not really giving Swans much of a chance in this match even though they showed so many positive signs last weekend. They just don't have the capacity to keep up with a team like Subiaco for 4 quarters. Maybe for part of the game but there always is a point where the superior team takes over. I just hope Swans can give the Lions some sort of contest and not become completely demoralised like I have seen happen so many times in previous years
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167495

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
When was the last time we beat them 2015?
We also havent won at home for what seems like an eternity, from our 13 losses from our last 15 games the 2 wins were both away at EF & Joondalup.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167496

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote: When was the last time we beat them 2015?
We also havent won at home for what seems like an eternity, from our 13 losses from our last 15 games the 2 wins were both away at EF & Joondalup.

Do you remember that win BH..Rainy wet + windy Saturday arvo.Swans where 4 goals down at 3\4 time and Subi where kicking the Midland end.With a 4 to 5 goal breeze.Swooper played forward 1 out against 3 Subi defenders. In the last qtr.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167497

• Beasley Hutton
Yes i do remember that game mate it was a very wet and windy day at Basso that one.
It was good to see Swoop at the footy on Saturday up at Joondalup GTR enjoying a rare SD win of late.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167500

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

gtrxuone wrote:

Do you remember that win BH..Rainy wet + windy Saturday arvo.Swans where 4 goals down at 3\4 time and Subi where kicking the Midland end.With a 4 to 5 goal breeze.Swooper played forward 1 out against 3 Subi defenders. In the last qtr.

GTR it's forecast to be wet n windy on Saturday so who knows. It's also the TV game I believe.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167501

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

It was Round 20 2015, which was the day that Ryan Davis laid an amazing 20 tackles

Our last win at Bassendean was Round 9 2018 when we came from 6 goals down to overrun Perth

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167505

• Beasley Hutton

mikeh wrote:

It was Round 20 2015, which was the day that Ryan Davis laid an amazing 20 tackles

Our last win at Bassendean was Round 9 2018 when we came from 6 goals down to overrun Perth

Gee it has been almost a year since we had a win at home, we are well overdue!

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167520

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Yes i do remember that game mate it was a very wet and windy day at Basso that one.
It was good to see Swoop at the footy on Saturday up at Joondalup GTR enjoying a rare SD win of late.

BH was. Swoop on holiday from Melbourne or. Is he back in Wa.If he's back in Wa I hope he gets involved in the club again.Some of the young blokes need a spray from time to time.He could run the water bottles from the boundry.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167522

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

mikeh wrote:

I remember that game as well Mike. It was our only loss for 2015 and you're correct re Davis, his pressure on the ball carrier was phenomenal. We went on to belt WP in the GF with a team not too dissimilar to this year's except we had the likes of Menegola, Shane Yarran and Matty Boland playing. With rain forecast again this Saturday, will history repeat itself? Bring it on!!

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #167538

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Senior Seagull wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

GTR it's forecast to be wet n windy on Saturday so who knows. It's also the TV game I believe.

Maby SS if Swans win the toss and kick with the breeze.Jump Subi early and force the young Subi coach into a tactical error.If the wet footy spends most of the day on the ground.Subis bigger bodies will. Kill the young Swans players.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 399 guests and 2 members online

• 58shark
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog