Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167185

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193

MarkOlsen wrote: Why do East Freo and Subi supporters care anymore what Hampson thinks ?
You are telling Hampson to move on but still going on about the bloke.
He is entitled to say what ever he wants, his thoughts on East Freo or Subi don’t interest me so I skimmed over it.
The same people bagging him would have clapped him when he was getting a kick

Absolutely right mate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167186

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
So why are you in here making comments?
If you had of moved on you would have ignored it.

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167187

• FIN
  • Thank you received: 4

MarkOlsen wrote: Why do East Freo and Subi supporters care anymore what Hampson thinks ?
You are telling Hampson to move on but still going on about the bloke.
He is entitled to say what ever he wants, his thoughts on East Freo or Subi don’t interest me so I skimmed over it.
The same people bagging him would have clapped him when he was getting a kick

h

Uummmm - NO
And we didnt tell him - the new coach did

Oh and as you state
As he is entitled to say how he feels - as are we are we not
The EF supporters have forgotten about him and are moving on
Sadly others gave him a platform to spew from so some are taking an opportunity to kick it out from under him
Ha

Last edit: by FIN.

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167191

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You have a platform here to make your comments on Hampson and you are going on about him still so you haven’t moved on.
You are no different to Hampson.
Not sure why you care what he thinks but you must have your reasons

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167192

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
I found that cringe worthy reading. I don't mind him defending himself and telling his side of the story but the way he talks about himself and his new club, in particular about coach Adam Pickering and fm Phil Smart is the sort of stuff you keep to yourself and those close to you. Why does he need to pump the coach and football managers tyres up? It's all about himself. Glad he didn't end up at Perth though I suppose someone is going to to tell me Perth threw everything at him. Hopefully it was a bucket of cold water.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167194

• FIN
  • Thank you received: 4
??M O
Sadly like many contributors to this site you don’t actually read reply’s - you prefer to expand on your own opinion
Your way too witty for me so I’ll leave you to your next comment
I’m sure there’ll be one
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stand the Test

Last edit: by FIN.

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167211

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193

mikeh wrote: An article appeared on SDFC website today written by George Hampson which in part gave his side of the story of his sacking by East Fremantle last year. Not surprisingly it doesn't paint Bill Moynahan in a very positive light and I am sure that the Sharks would have a different version of what took place.

I am a bit confused about why the club would see fit to publish something like this in round 4 of the season when surely the football department should be solely focused on winning some games. To me there is no benefit to rehashing history when George has left EF behind and is now a Swans player. The circumstances in which he left the Sharks are probably good for debate at an end of season BBQ but I find it quite amazing that the club would allow this material to be published on its website which is basically criticising the methods and communication style of a proven opposition coach. I think that this shows a total lack of judgement on the part of whoever authorised the publication of this article. The stuff about how he is settling in at Swans is fine because it deals with the present.
I am not having a go at Hampson,he has a right to his opinions. However I believe at this stage of the season,the club should have kept this in house and allowed George's footy to do the talking.
Am I overreacting? See what you think.
www.swandistrictsfc.com.au/news/16869/in...rs9N5yefp0yZz2-6cE3k

Geez Michael I think you may have stirred old George up hahaha looks like he got a shitload of the ball and Swans broke the ice priceless :lol:

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167230

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

FIN wrote: ??M O
Sadly like many contributors to this site you don’t actually read reply’s - you prefer to expand on your own opinion
Your way too witty for me so I’ll leave you to your next comment
I’m sure there’ll be one

FIN...as a newbie on this site you'll soon learn that some on here like to talk footy with a bit of banter mixed in whereas others get off being a pain in the arse for some obscure reason...no prizes for guessing which category MO falls into.

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167235

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Interesting thoughts from a bloke on a swans topic.
Nothing you wrote just then is related to Swans or Hampson, must like the sound of you own voice

George Hampson Article on Swans website 4 years 11 months ago #167275

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Southerner wrote:

mikeh wrote: An article appeared on SDFC website today written by George Hampson which in part gave his side of the story of his sacking by East Fremantle last year. Not surprisingly it doesn't paint Bill Moynahan in a very positive light and I am sure that the Sharks would have a different version of what took place.

I am a bit confused about why the club would see fit to publish something like this in round 4 of the season when surely the football department should be solely focused on winning some games. To me there is no benefit to rehashing history when George has left EF behind and is now a Swans player. The circumstances in which he left the Sharks are probably good for debate at an end of season BBQ but I find it quite amazing that the club would allow this material to be published on its website which is basically criticising the methods and communication style of a proven opposition coach. I think that this shows a total lack of judgement on the part of whoever authorised the publication of this article. The stuff about how he is settling in at Swans is fine because it deals with the present.
I am not having a go at Hampson,he has a right to his opinions. However I believe at this stage of the season,the club should have kept this in house and allowed George's footy to do the talking.
Am I overreacting? See what you think.
www.swandistrictsfc.com.au/news/16869/in...rs9N5yefp0yZz2-6cE3k

Geez Michael I think you may have stirred old George up hahaha looks like he got a shitload of the ball and Swans broke the ice priceless :lol:

Haha maybe getting it off his chest has done him some good who knows? I still stick to my original point that George should put his pen down,live in the present and let his footy do the talking which he did in bucket loads yesterday. Swans also need to ensure that anything that is written in these player profiles on their official club site is not dumping on another club and their personnel as has happened on this occasion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: therealswansman

Last edit: by mikeh.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 473 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog