Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165778

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Gee its been a long off season. Can't wait for it to all kick off on Saturday. I haven't been able to get to any of the pre- season games so I am probably a bit behind in terms of who might be in the frame for selection this Saturday but based on the discussion here, what we have been getting from the club and what happened at the end of last year I can see potentially three groups of players here. They are the core experienced players, the borderline players who may or may not be selected depending on form and the young up and comers who are the Colts guys who played in the Grand Final last Season.
The core players to me are
Ellard
Gault
Noble
Simpson
Riggio
Blakely
Howard
Notte
Turner
Payne
Wilson
Glass Mccasker
Hampson
Mackenzie

The border liners are
Slater
Kohlmann
Hackett
Coniglio
Cipro
Italiano
Clutterbuck
Maguire
Erceg
Stephens
O'Sullivan
Chad Daniels
Fullgrabe
Dylan Smith
Reidy
These guys will add depth and experience and play many games
The young up and comers would include Bain and Rayner who had a taste of it last season as well as the young recruit from Peel ( Riley). I don't know a lot about the other players so would be interested in any insights into others who watched the colts regularly in 2018.

I certainly think that we can win our first home game on Saturday given that Souths have lost a lot of players from last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165783

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
SF rolled Subi on the weekend in a practice match, any side that contains the likes of Pickett, Schloithe, Stewart, Main, Shaw, Wilson, Suban, Verrier, Edwards, Higgins, Strom x 2, Dragovich, Donaldson, Russell, Vandeleur, Maskos et al will be very hard to beat!

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165785

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep you have a point there BH. Bassendean has historically not been a happy hunting ground for the Doggies and I suppose I'm hoping that continues but we will certainly be underdogs given that list of players.

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165787

• Beasley Hutton
Mike there has been a lot of noise around the SF retirements (similar to us) but what it does do is give opportunity to young talent to show their wares.
It has been one of the longest breaks between seasons I can ever remember this last Summer so it will be good just to see some real footy again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165823

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
Gee you're hard to please Beas.
You've had AFLW to watch. That's fantastic. Apparently.

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165836

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Beasley Hutton wrote: SF rolled Subi on the weekend in a practice match, any side that contains the likes of Pickett, Schloithe, Stewart, Main, Shaw, Wilson, Suban, Verrier, Edwards, Higgins, Strom x 2, Dragovich, Donaldson, Russell, Vandeleur, Maskos et al will be very hard to beat!

Subi basically gave their reserves a run that day, had a heap out.

wouldn't read much into it

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165844

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
The first week of fixturing for 2019 kicks off this weekend.
The weather forecast is looking good with sunny conditions and a temperature of approx 25ยบ.

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165875

• Danger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42

mikeh wrote: Gee its been a long off season. Can't wait for it to all kick off on Saturday. I haven't been able to get to any of the pre- season games so I am probably a bit behind in terms of who might be in the frame for selection this Saturday but based on the discussion here, what we have been getting from the club and what happened at the end of last year I can see potentially three groups of players here. They are the core experienced players, the borderline players who may or may not be selected depending on form and the young up and comers who are the Colts guys who played in the Grand Final last Season.
Ellard
Gault
Noble
Simpson
Riggio
Blakely
Howard
Notte
Turner
Payne
Wilson
Glass Mccasker
Hampson
Mackenzie

The border liners are
Slater
Kohlmann
Hackett
Coniglio
Cipro
Italiano
Clutterbuck
Maguire
Erceg
Stephens
O'Sullivan
Chad Daniels
Fullgrabe
Dylan Smith
Reidy
The young up and comers would include Bain and Rayner who had a taste of it last season as well as the young recruit from Peel ( Riley). I don't know a lot about the other players so would be interested in any insights into others who watched the colts regularly in 2018.

I certainly think that we can win our first home game on Saturday given that Souths have lost a lot of players from last year.

Is Reece Palmer out for the year?

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165882

• Beasley Hutton

Danger wrote:

mikeh wrote: Gee its been a long off season. Can't wait for it to all kick off on Saturday. I haven't been able to get to any of the pre- season games so I am probably a bit behind in terms of who might be in the frame for selection this Saturday but based on the discussion here, what we have been getting from the club and what happened at the end of last year I can see potentially three groups of players here. They are the core experienced players, the borderline players who may or may not be selected depending on form and the young up and comers who are the Colts guys who played in the Grand Final last Season.
Ellard
Gault
Noble
Simpson
Riggio
Blakely
Howard
Notte
Turner
Payne
Wilson
Glass Mccasker
Hampson
Mackenzie

The border liners are
Slater
Kohlmann
Hackett
Coniglio
Cipro
Italiano
Clutterbuck
Maguire
Erceg
Stephens
O'Sullivan
Chad Daniels
Fullgrabe
Dylan Smith
Reidy

I cant see Fazioli on that list Danger???

Swans V South Fremantle at Bassendean 5 years 2 weeks ago #165886

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Danger wrote: [

Given how serious his injuries were and the fact that he was struggling to walk when he left hospital, I would think that it would be unlikely that Rhys will be up to playing footy this year but there has been no official confirmation from the club. They are probably waiting to see the progress of his rehabilitation.

Last edit: by mikeh.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 449 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes