Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 1 week ago #165049

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1349
I just read on The West online he's been in an induced coma so it's quite serious. Not a good weekend for him. Quite separate from the Friday night incident I hope he makes a full recovery. All the best Rhys.
Get on your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 1 week ago #165050

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Phil Smart from Swan Districts just made a statement.
Rhys Palmer was returning from the beach late yesterday afternoon. On his motorcycle with his girlfriend as the passenger.Eye witnesses said the car broke the road rules that caused the crash.This event in not related to the events at the Trots on Friday night.
Rhys partner had undergone hand surgery. Rhys had lost a lot of blood and just undergone surgery.And the Doctors have now placed Rhys in an indused Coma.Phil Smart had just left the hospital.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 1 week ago #165059

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Honestly I think that people who ride motorbikes in Perth put their lives at risk given the number of lunatics that drive on our roads. Every day I see people flagrantly disregard road rules. A big one is the number of drivers who speed through red lights. Not amber lights, red ones. I see this at least 5 or 6 times per day when I am on the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2, Archie Duda Goal Machine, Stand the Test, therealswansman

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 1 week ago #165064

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Hear hear mate, my impression is people don't much care about running reds nowadays. I see it alot too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 1 week ago #165069

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Echoing everybody's thoughts and hoping that Rhys Palmer makes a complete recovery after his accident.
A few more red-light cameras are desperately needed to stop those selfish drivers who think that the two minutes they save from "running a red" are more important than their fellow road users' health and wellbeing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 1 week ago #165086

• Grassroots
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Just an aside to all the drama and concern for Palmer's accident the 2nd horse in the Gloucester Park race, Walsh is part owned by the Swans Coach.

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 6 days ago #165235

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great news that Ryhs Palmer looks like making a full recovery. Chat on another topic here about him having an off field role. Does that mean he is unlikely to play again due to this crash or is it just a precaution? His health and well being would obviously be the No 1 priority in that regard but then he still has to face the music over the shoe throwing incident the night before at Gloucester Park.
Get on your bike.

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 6 days ago #165244

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Statement from the club about the investigation. Not sure this has resolved the issue as the shoes were still thrown by Palmer and Bain. Reinsmen and horses were still put at risk even though it appears that Palmer and Bain didn't throw them,deliberately. No sanctions for either player. Hmmm. Not sure about this outcome.
www.swandistrictsfc.com.au/news/16601/sw..._iyjciSg3RrUQ1RvA_3o

Last edit: by mikeh.

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 5 days ago #165248

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Am organising a couple of guys for a play fight for all set shots for SD against PFC. Not our fault if shoe accidentally hits kicker in head.

Rhys Palmer in the shit. 5 years 5 days ago #165258

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Statement from the club about the investigation. Not sure this has resolved the issue as the shoes were still thrown by Palmer and Bain. Reinsmen and horses were still put at risk even though it appears that Palmer and Bain didn't throw them,deliberately. No sanctions for either player. Hmmm. Not sure about this outcome.
www.swandistrictsfc.com.au/news/16601/sw..._iyjciSg3RrUQ1RvA_3o

I doubt the Perth racing committee will take the same view Mike. These aren't a couple of little primary school kids having a play, they are two adults that knew where they were and it doesn't matter whether the field was coming past the post or not. There was a race on and to throw any object into the track is dangerous. If a horse had trod on one of the shoes it could have been disastrous.
Get on your bike.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 288 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes