Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163715

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I don't know anything about what is happening out at Basso but pretty sure the coach is the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163716

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
can you give your continued comment about this a rest - posting it 6000 times doesnt make your point any more valid than the first time.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163718

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I only post it when it is relevant to a point being debated.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163720

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
making the same point continually does not make it relevant..

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163722

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Stand the Test wrote: I don't know anything about what is happening out at Basso but pretty sure the coach is the problem.

and what draws you to that conclusion, what facts do you have to support that or any of your other assertions,

Some Swannies supporters are disgruntled but they are at the club and in touch with what is happening there, I don't know so have not commented and I am a little biased towards Pickers and want him to get a fair and reasonable opportunity but if MO, Mike et al are unhappy then they have every right to comment based what they actually know and surmise from that!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163735

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I think a new coach needs 3 years to implement his coaching philosophy on a group and get the players that he wants in the right mix to get them to do this. Therefore in my book, Pickering has another 2 years before his impact can be judged objectively. He is certainly a more calm and measured coach than Harding and from what I could see, the players are listening to him . As for the repetitive comment on this thread , its has obviously been made by someone with a personal beef against Pickering for whatever reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #164187

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Swans should have appointed Cooper when it was apparent that Harding had lost the plot. Harding had no man management skills and in the end had to resort to plan B which was yelling and repeatedly dropping the F bomb during his address to the players. Many in the know were dismayed but the board failed to act keeping both Harding and Smart well beyond their use by date.
Two members quit the board after being constantly told to butt out of football matters as Hodyl and Holmes who know it all ( just ask them) couldn't be told that Harding & Smart were not the people needed for the football operations.
Tom Bottrell gave up as he too was told to to concentrate on administrative and marketing matters and was never allowed to make any changes to Football operations.
Harding eventually fell on his sword only because he thought the WAFC was offering the colts job for what he was already on at Swans for a full time role.
Swans didn't need a full time coach and Cooper wasn't looking for a full time job as he already had many other outside interests.
Swans missed the boat and Cooper goes from strength to strength.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #164200

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

therealswansman wrote: Swans should have appointed Cooper when it was apparent that Harding had lost the plot. Harding had no man management skills and in the end had to resort to plan B which was yelling and repeatedly dropping the F bomb during his address to the players. Many in the know were dismayed but the board failed to act keeping both Harding and Smart well beyond their use by date.
Two members quit the board after being constantly told to butt out of football matters as Hodyl and Holmes who know it all ( just ask them) couldn't be told that Harding & Smart were not the people needed for the football operations.
Tom Bottrell gave up as he too was told to to concentrate on administrative and marketing matters and was never allowed to make any changes to Football operations.
Harding eventually fell on his sword only because he thought the WAFC was offering the colts job for what he was already on at Swans for a full time role.
Swans didn't need a full time coach and Cooper wasn't looking for a full time job as he already had many other outside interests.
Swans missed the boat and Cooper goes from strength to strength.

I’m amazed anyone has full time jobs within the WAFL set up nowadays..,where do the funds come from to have full time coaches let alone full timers within the football dept. Subi being the obvious exception as they have there shit together when it comes to surrounding the club with the money men. Cooper would have done the job for free if it meant the opportunity to fulfil a lifelong dream. That being said like Bottrell, a wonderful man btw, I’m pretty sure at this moment in time he’s happy with his lot. Not much future in languishing at WAFL level with AFL reserves primed to extract the best of the rest.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 1 month ago #165036

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
so the Dorkers women have made it into the finals.
Is there any more evidence required that Cooper should have been Swans coach.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 1 month ago #165039

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

therealswansman wrote: so the Dorkers women have made it into the finals.
Is there any more evidence required that Cooper should have been Swans coach.

I am not sure that coaching a womens team is proof that a coach can do it elsewhere, I know of one coach that won a premiership with a WAFL womens team went to a WAFL club as an assistant and lasted ......., not long!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 383 guests and 3 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Big Blue
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020