Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163347

• Danger
  • Danger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
In time,if not already,I think it will prove a big mistake not making Trent Cooper senior coach and instead going for Pickering!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163352

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
I dont disagree Danger as I would have been more than happy if Coops was our Coach but im not sure he actually wanted to be our League Coach at the time I could be wrong tho.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163439

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Trent pulled out of the swans job for factors about other appointments at the club & Cooper and Sfiffy are brother in laws and just felt he couldn’t make his mark with him still there. This is what I was told
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163440

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
You can't blame him...it would be a tough choice between a team of sheilas and Swans. ;-)

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163441

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
pretty sure trent cooper applied for the senior job when wiley got it.....i reckon he was a close second

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163444

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I think we need to give Pickering a chance to develop the team in his own style. Hard to judge a guy after 1 year when he pretty much took over Harding's group There have been a lot of exits during and after last season and we will get more of an indication of how it is going by the end of 2019.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163650

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Danger wrote: In time,if not already,I think it will prove a big mistake not making Trent Cooper senior coach and instead going for Pickering!

100% agree with you Danger. Can confirm he desperately wanted the job. His knowledge of our zones was as strong as anyone we had around the club. We’d probably have a dozen young players back at the club in 2018 let alone this year again if he had a got the nod but pulled out of the race. I know why but detailing here is pointless. Decisions have been made , old mate got his man Pickering and this season (grace period is now over) we get to see if there was any merit in this call which in my eyes has been one of the biggest oversights in recent history at the club. I made this call 2 years back on here and I’ve seen nothing yet that changes my stance. An intensely passionate lifelong Swan districts person fully qualified, ready and willing to go was overlooked for an outsider with similar experience....guess the decision maker at the club had a different agenda .... done & dusted now so I guess we hope Pickering is everything the club thought they were getting and proves my view wrong. Can only wish Coops all the best at Freo and wherever that leads...will finish by saying would have been bloody nice to see his attacking methods employed at our club. Be nice to kick more goals than our opposition on a regular basis .

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163679

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
who would be back at the club DW and would make a difference at league level ?

Cooper had the same game plan as Harding, all attack and no defence - might work all right at colts and womens level but wont suceed long term at WAFL level, plus you couldnt go from Harding to Cooper due to their relationship - playing group needed a fresh start..
whether Pickering was the right choice we will find out this year I reckon.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163702

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

MarkOlsen wrote: who would be back at the club DW and would make a difference at league level ?

Cooper had the same game plan as Harding, all attack and no defence - might work all right at colts and womens level but wont suceed long term at WAFL level, plus you couldnt go from Harding to Cooper due to their relationship - playing group needed a fresh start..
whether Pickering was the right choice we will find out this year I reckon.

From my discussions with Coops I think we would have seen a different style to Harding. All hearsay now regardless. This year we will get to see if the right decision was made not that we’ll have much of a competition left to play in by 2019/2020 the way things are unfolding...U/23s being the next agenda for the WAFC.

Trent Cooper Should’ve Been Swans Coach! 5 years 2 months ago #163703

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
cheers DW

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 287 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL