Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159908

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Thanks again Swanforlife for that 1981 Grand final.Fantastic game with some fantastic 1on 1 opponents on the day.
Moss v Michael,,P Krakourer v N Carter.Blackwell v Rioli.Ralph v Delminico.Malaxos v R Barret.J Mackay v B Harper.Randall v Morton.B Hardie v J Krakourer.B Monteath v M Aitken.R Smith v B Vagona.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159930

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2874

Success Hill wrote: Yes, grand player BH, and opponents like Ralph and the late Chris Stasinowsky disliked lining up on him. At the risk of beginning a civil war, one guy I wouldn't have selected in the starting 18 was half of your name's sake in Beasley. Only played two years, and it was no coincidence that we won flags after his departure in 1981 (possibly a bit harsh). The full-forward line in 1980/81 was a contradiction to the rest of the lines in those years in that it was not flexible enough with Beasley at ff. Yes, he kicked goals, but once quality opposition teams worked us out in the second half of 1981 we were going to struggle in the finals despite finishing second.

I sorta know were you are coming from SH but a Bernie Naylor Medal, Coleman Medal, Simpson Medal plus the record for most goals kicked by a League Footballer in the 1980s made him a unanimous choice for the Full Forward position in our SD 80s side.

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159931

• Beasley Hutton

gtrxuone wrote: Thanks again Swanforlife for that 1981 Grand final.Fantastic game with some fantastic 1on 1 opponents on the day.
Moss v Michael,,P Krakourer v N Carter.Blackwell v Rioli.Ralph v Delminico.Malaxos v R Barret.J Mackay v B Harper.Randall v Morton.B Hardie v J Krakourer.B Monteath v M Aitken.R Smith v B Vagona.

Tom Pearce who was a very good back pocket player in those early 1980s GFs for Claremont is the son of SD Legend Joe Pearce who our courage award is named in honour of GTR!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159955

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Thanks again Swanforlife for that 1981 Grand final.Fantastic game with some fantastic 1on 1 opponents on the day.

Tom Pearce who was a very good back pocket player in those early 1980s GFs for Claremont is the son of SD Legend Joe Pearce who our courage award is named in honour of GTR!

BH Pearce saved at least 4 goals in that 81 Grand Final with desperate dives on the line.Was in the top 3 for that Simpson Medal.Shared by Rioli and Gary Shaw.I thought Bruce Monteath was BOG in that game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159956

• Beasley Hutton

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BH Pearce saved at least 4 goals in that 81 Grand Final with desperate dives on the line.Was in the top 3 for that Simpson Medal.Shared by Rioli and Gary Shaw.I thought Bruce Monteath was BOG in that game.

Tom Pearce only had the 3 seasons (1981, 82, 83) at Claremont GTR he must have had the call back to the family farm from Joe I think as he had plenty of good footy left in him.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159957

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Tom Pearce only had the 3 seasons (1981, 82, 83) at Claremont GTR he must have had the call back to the family farm from Joe I think as he had plenty of good footy left in him.

Didn't realise he played so little footy.He was a keg on legs like Brad Hardie.Short in stature,strong ,fast long kick.Mick Grasso was a similar height and build.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159958

• Beasley Hutton

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Didn't realise he played so little footy.He was a keg on legs like Brad Hardie.Short in stature,strong ,fast long kick.Mick Grasso was a similar height and build.

Micky Grasso is a certainty for the back pocket in my SD Best Side of the 90s mate...loved his dashing runs from defence similar to Peter Ware in 1983/84.

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159980

• Success Hill
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Success Hill wrote: Yes, grand player BH, and opponents like Ralph and the late Chris Stasinowsky disliked lining up on him. At the risk of beginning a civil war, one guy I wouldn't have selected in the starting 18 was half of your name's sake in Beasley. Only played two years, and it was no coincidence that we won flags after his departure in 1981 (possibly a bit harsh). The full-forward line in 1980/81 was a contradiction to the rest of the lines in those years in that it was not flexible enough with Beasley at ff. Yes, he kicked goals, but once quality opposition teams worked us out in the second half of 1981 we were going to struggle in the finals despite finishing second.

I sorta know were you are coming from SH but a Bernie Naylor Medal, Coleman Medal, Simpson Medal plus the record for most goals kicked by a League Footballer in the 1980s made him a unanimous choice for the Full Forward position in our SD 80s side.

Beasley was a good footballer, but a bit lucky to share the 1980 leading goal kicker after that ludicrous round 11 decision, but the premierships of the 1980s revolved around flexible teams.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 837 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977