Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159833

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2872
BA: Skwirowski, Mullooly, Solin
HB: Langsford, Rance, Fogarty
CE: K.Narkle, Baker, P.Narkle
HF: M.Richardson, G.Sidebottom, D.Holmes
FO: Shine, Beasley, Hutton
RU: Boucher, Neesham, Melrose
INT: Sartori, Nowotny, Holden, M.Smith
EM: Williams, A.Sidebottom, Blackaby, Ware, Cransberg, Kenny, Ugle, Grasso, Fitzgerald, S.Richardson, Caton, Hetherington, Johns, Hoyer, Gillespie, Marshall, Penny, A.Holmes, Walker, Ahmat, Cormack, Passeri.

Coach: John Todd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Grump, mikeh, Success Hill, ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159834

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
What a team BH! The 80s were a wonderful time for the SDFC ( particularly the early 80s) and they produced some legends of the game in that period. You could make up a top class team with the emergencies. Only one choice as to who would coach this group......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159835

• Beasley Hutton
Thanks Mike a labour of love from an era of footy that I will never ever forget especially pre WCE 87!

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159836

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
One game from that era which is burnt into my memory was a SD v Claremont game at Claremont Oval just before the 1981 finals. Many of the players in your team would have participated in this match BH. The Tigers had the Krakouer brothers, Malaxos, Ralph, Moss and many other champions. It was a beautiful sunny day and both teams kicked over 20 goals. Even though we ended up losing the game, I came away from there feeling lucky that I had witnessed the amazing display of skills from both sides. It was the best WAFL game I have seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159837

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
here is the link to the game details, thanks Rick for your wonderful website

www.waflfootyfacts.net/season/games/stats.php?GameID=6376

what struck me was the crowd for this qualifying round game 18,106! The WAFC would be happy to get that for a Grand Final these days
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159838

• Beasley Hutton

mikeh wrote: One game from that era which is burnt into my memory was a SD v Claremont game at Claremont Oval just before the 1981 finals. Many of the players in your team would have participated in this match BH. The Tigers had the Krakouer brothers, Malaxos, Ralph, Moss and many other champions. It was a beautiful sunny day and both teams kicked over 20 goals. Even though we ended up losing the game, I came away from there feeling lucky that I had witnessed the amazing display of skills from both sides. It was the best WAFL game I have seen.

I was there that day too Mike on the outer bank. It was an incredible match in a scintillating season of footy. It was the biggest attendance ever at Claremont Oval to that point nearly 20k you couldnt move it was that packed in. After a blistering start by Swans when P.Krakouer was poleaxed and taken from the ground we were over run in the last quarter by a sensational CL side. I was also there at the rematch 2nd Semi at Subi Oval a fortnight later when the Krakouer brothers ran amok against us!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159839

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote: One game from that era which is burnt into my memory was a SD v Claremont game at Claremont Oval just before the 1981 finals. Many of the players in your team would have participated in this match BH. The Tigers had the Krakouer brothers, Malaxos, Ralph, Moss and many other champions. It was a beautiful sunny day and both teams kicked over 20 goals. Even though we ended up losing the game, I came away from there feeling lucky that I had witnessed the amazing display of skills from both sides. It was the best WAFL game I have seen.

I was there that day too Mike on the outer bank. It was an incredible match in a scintillating season of footy. It was the biggest attendance ever at Claremont Oval to that point nearly 20k you couldnt move it was that packed in. After a blistering start by Swans when P.Krakouer was poleaxed and taken from the ground we were over run in the last quarter by a sensational CL side. I was also there at the rematch 2nd Semi at Subi Oval a fortnight later when the Krakouer brothers ran amok against us!

Yes that wasnt so enjoyable. When we got smashed a week later by Souths in the preliminary final I was in a total state of despair, it was so hard to watch Swans go out in straight sets after the brilliant season we had in 81. Little did I know that sometimes things are at their darkest just before the dawn!

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159841

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Wow a very solid side.Starting from the backline through to the mids+ruck.And 3 spearhead fwds and some tough ground ball players around them.

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159843

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Agree with that Mike.The GF a month later was as good a game but South destroyed the game with bad kicking at goal.Have been trying to get that game for years on DVD or Video.Cant remember who KO'D Phil Krakourer in the first qtr.Solin or Billy Skirowski.One of them pushed PK in the back and as he fell the other shirt fronted him in the chin.That game also had 4 or 5 legs on the shoulder high marks.One from Farmer,Malaxos and a couple from Darryl Sutton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Swan Districts Best Side-1980s 5 years 4 months ago #159847

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH: great work mate -- amazing depth, would have to be one of the best interchange bench I have seen.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 578 guests and 3 members online

• screemar
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma