Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 months ago #161932

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Does anyone know if Adam Faulkner is still at the club? I thought I read that he wasnt but he is still listed on the Swans website

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 months ago #161937

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

mikeh wrote: Does anyone know if Adam Faulkner is still at the club? I thought I read that he wasnt but he is still listed on the Swans website

Was reading somewhere that Faulkner is no longer at Swan Districts. Did he not depart for work reasons?

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 months ago #161957

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote:

mikeh wrote: Does anyone know if Adam Faulkner is still at the club? I thought I read that he wasnt but he is still listed on the Swans website

Was reading somewhere that Faulkner is no longer at Swan Districts. Did he not depart for work reasons?

I think you might be mixing him up with Todd Banfield WAG. Banfield retired late in the season to take a job up north. Faulkner played the last part of the season in the reserves and given the clubs commitment to promoting as many of the colts as possible, he may have seen the writing on the wall for his prospects in 2019. A career record of 120 league games at an average of 22 disposals per game is pretty impressive. Adam's ability to get the tough ball in tight situations was undisputed but his turnover rate by foot was too high and the coach may have lost faith in him later in the season.

Last edit: by mikeh.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 months ago #162866

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The club sent out its first missive today with the following blurb

2019 is expected to be a successful year for the club as it continues to rebuild to once again be the WAFL powerhouse it was in previous decades.

While retaining key club stalwarts Notte, Riggio, Palmer, Ellard, Gault, Howard and Blakely, the club has made some significant gains to its roster including State and WAFL premiership player George Hampson, x-Fremantle Docker Josh Simpson, x-Carlton recruit Jesse Glass-McCasker, South Bunbury and WA State Country player Leigh Kohlmann and Anthony Stephens is making a return to the club.

Adding to the club’s healthy mix of youth and experience this season are young talented players Lachlan Riley, Aiden Clark and a long list of promising players who have graduated over the past two years from a successful Colts program which included qualifying for last season’s WAFL Grand Final.

Has anyone been down to have a look at training yet?

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 1 month ago #164095

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pre - season games ( apologies if someone has already posted these)

Sat March 9th V Perth at Lathlain 12pm ( time TBC)
Sat March 23rd V Subiaco at Bassendean
Sat March 30th V Claremont at Claremont.
Times for the Subiaco and Claremont games 8.30am Futures, 10.30am Colts, 1 PM reserves, 3.30pm League.

Can't wait, its been a long summer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 weeks ago #165211

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
also gone - Grescos and Taryce Stewart.
returned to the club - Kohlman, Stephens, Grimson, Dylan Smith, Clarke.
bottom half of league side and reserves team will be very young..
if Clarke and Simpson can commit to WAFL footy they will be very handy..

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 weeks ago #165216

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 weeks ago #165224

• Danger
  • Danger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42

mikeh wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.

Off field guidance??? That would’ve been handy last Friday! Please Mike,I’d be telling any young bloke at the club to stay well clear of Palmer!!!

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 weeks ago #165230

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Danger wrote:

mike h wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.

Off field guidance??? That would’ve been handy last Friday! Please Mike,I’d be telling any young bloke at the club to stay well clear of Palmer!!!

Hahaha, yes probably won't be doing any excursions to the trots I guess
I was thinking more about game day football guidance.

Last edit: by mikeh.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 weeks ago #165232

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64

Danger wrote:

mikeh wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.

Palmer would be the last person asked to provide guidance and to think we passed up bringing back Boekhurst,.then again thrice bitten with Newman, Garlett and Yarran who had sensational returns to the club may be the reason we balked and went out and chased a real leader like Palmer..
He was probably a shoe-in to be captain.
Our football manager's use by date was 2013 and yet he remains.

Last edit: by therealswansman.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 325 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020