OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 129 guests and 3 members online

  • Custodian
  • Demons Forever
  • OzFooty Admin

Newest Footy Recruits

  • khouweimng
  • not_alex newton
  • BigFishSmallPond
  • vornez
  • HMac
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 months 3 weeks ago #161932

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4800
  • Thank you received: 1157
Does anyone know if Adam Faulkner is still at the club? I thought I read that he wasnt but he is still listed on the Swans website

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 months 3 weeks ago #161937

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2560
  • Thank you received: 200

mikeh wrote: Does anyone know if Adam Faulkner is still at the club? I thought I read that he wasnt but he is still listed on the Swans website


Was reading somewhere that Faulkner is no longer at Swan Districts. Did he not depart for work reasons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 months 3 weeks ago #161957

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4800
  • Thank you received: 1157

westaussieguy wrote:

mikeh wrote: Does anyone know if Adam Faulkner is still at the club? I thought I read that he wasnt but he is still listed on the Swans website


Was reading somewhere that Faulkner is no longer at Swan Districts. Did he not depart for work reasons?


I think you might be mixing him up with Todd Banfield WAG. Banfield retired late in the season to take a job up north. Faulkner played the last part of the season in the reserves and given the clubs commitment to promoting as many of the colts as possible, he may have seen the writing on the wall for his prospects in 2019. A career record of 120 league games at an average of 22 disposals per game is pretty impressive. Adam's ability to get the tough ball in tight situations was undisputed but his turnover rate by foot was too high and the coach may have lost faith in him later in the season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 4 months 4 weeks ago #162866

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4800
  • Thank you received: 1157
The club sent out its first missive today with the following blurb

2019 is expected to be a successful year for the club as it continues to rebuild to once again be the WAFL powerhouse it was in previous decades.

While retaining key club stalwarts Notte, Riggio, Palmer, Ellard, Gault, Howard and Blakely, the club has made some significant gains to its roster including State and WAFL premiership player George Hampson, x-Fremantle Docker Josh Simpson, x-Carlton recruit Jesse Glass-McCasker, South Bunbury and WA State Country player Leigh Kohlmann and Anthony Stephens is making a return to the club.

Adding to the club’s healthy mix of youth and experience this season are young talented players Lachlan Riley, Aiden Clark and a long list of promising players who have graduated over the past two years from a successful Colts program which included qualifying for last season’s WAFL Grand Final.


Has anyone been down to have a look at training yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 3 months 3 weeks ago #164095

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4800
  • Thank you received: 1157
Pre - season games ( apologies if someone has already posted these)

Sat March 9th V Perth at Lathlain 12pm ( time TBC)
Sat March 23rd V Subiaco at Bassendean
Sat March 30th V Claremont at Claremont.
Times for the Subiaco and Claremont games 8.30am Futures, 10.30am Colts, 1 PM reserves, 3.30pm League.

Can't wait, its been a long summer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 2 months 3 weeks ago #165211

  • MarkOlsen
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2447
  • Thank you received: 353
also gone - Grescos and Taryce Stewart.
returned to the club - Kohlman, Stephens, Grimson, Dylan Smith, Clarke.
bottom half of league side and reserves team will be very young..
if Clarke and Simpson can commit to WAFL footy they will be very handy..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 2 months 3 weeks ago #165216

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4800
  • Thank you received: 1157
Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 2 months 3 weeks ago #165224

  • Danger
  • Danger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 108
  • Thank you received: 26

mikeh wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.



Off field guidance??? That would’ve been handy last Friday! Please Mike,I’d be telling any young bloke at the club to stay well clear of Palmer!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 2 months 3 weeks ago #165230

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4800
  • Thank you received: 1157

Danger wrote:

mike h wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.


Off field guidance??? That would’ve been handy last Friday! Please Mike,I’d be telling any young bloke at the club to stay well clear of Palmer!!!


Hahaha, yes probably won't be doing any excursions to the trots I guess
I was thinking more about game day football guidance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 2 months 3 weeks ago #165232

  • therealswansman
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
  • Posts: 78
  • Thank you received: 21

Danger wrote:

mikeh wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.


Palmer would be the last person asked to provide guidance and to think we passed up bringing back Boekhurst,.then again thrice bitten with Newman, Garlett and Yarran who had sensational returns to the club may be the reason we balked and went out and chased a real leader like Palmer..
He was probably a shoe-in to be captain.
Our football manager's use by date was 2013 and yet he remains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by therealswansman.
Moderators: Dirty WeekenderBeasley Hutton
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags