Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #12817

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to Joondalup today, but was delighted when I saw the final score. Well done to the boys on a gutsy win after just a four day break, definitely puts us back in the frame again. From the stats it looks like Garlett had an major influence,what did people who were at the game think? All Dayle has to do is to put together some consistent performances this year ( which will also help Swans in their finals quest) and I reckon the AFL clubs will be lining up for him at the end of the year. Also I noticed Elari's stats were very low which indicates that he may have got injured early, was this the case? Seemed like Wayde Twomey had a day out and Wes gave Kuenan a bath. Happy days :) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #12829

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Yeah Dayle was good Mike especially when he has the ball in his hands & he kicked a brilliant goal from the pocket in the last qtr after dummying around a couple of WP defenders ..would still like to see more work on his defensive side tho.
Elari was injured in the 1st qtr and played no part in the game after that.
Ames was incredible down back.
The umpiring on the other hand was nothing short of abysmal!!

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #12832

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote: Yeah Dayle was good Mike especially when he has the ball in his hands & he kicked a brilliant goal from the pocket in the last qtr after dummying around a couple of WP defenders ..would still like to see more work on his defensive side tho.
Elari was injured in the 1st qtr and played no part in the game after that.
Ames was incredible down back.
The umpiring on the other hand was nothing short of abysmal!!

Well done Swans, played very well ! We put in our 1st poor performance for 2013, I called it half way through the 2nd qtr, we were a shadow of the past 5 games !

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #12853

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Davis stepped up with 6 inside 50`s today, Garlett had 5. Twoms, Simmo, Ames, Jetts were our best imo along with Garlett. Blakely has to stay in the side, he is strong on his feet and a good kick at goal. Notte looked very dangerous today with 3 and Swooper with another 3 stamped himself as the best forward going around the WAFL, and should be first picked for WA in 2 weeks.
We still overused it a bit today but were more direct and to overrun WP in the last Q, who are a fit side, and coming off a 3 day break was a sensational effort!
Plus the myriad of injuries we have had already, this 23 day break will come in handy, and we get some quality back too.
We are back on track!! Yeahhhhhhh
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #12898

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Agree with BH Garlett is unquestionably a brilliant football; his ability to find players deep in our forward line was a significant factor in our win last night.

However, as BH indicated he will be even better, and as will Swans, when he also improves his defensive work.

Special mention should also go to Miles, whose season thus far had not been good, worked hard and will also be significant for the rest of the season.

Our start and the intensity of the players in the first quarter indicated that we were going to have a good game. It was the lack of intensity in our previous matches which caused up to lose those matches. Hopefully, the players now realise that when we work hard we will have some good results. Also, with our two week bye we will also get a few players back.

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #12958

• Master G
  • Thank you received: 0
The boys looked like a team that wants to win yesterday but we must stop the easy kick out teams do and put a bit more forward pressure so we dont let the other team get it out of defence and go on to score.
Over all a great effort by the boys lets hope this starts our season with players to come back Roach, Blight maybe Nic Nant's for a game or so even embley the boys look like they have good depth in the seconds like Carr, Rodgers,etc just maybe we can get up and stir the league up a bit :woohoo:

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #13002

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Heard on if the West Coast assistant coaches on 6PR a week or 2 ago saying Naitanui will play for Swans before playing for West Coast. He should be fit for Swans next match against East Perth Eagles on May 18. If the weather is good, expect a decent crowd for what will be the last chance to see him play in a Swan Districts jumper for 5 years.

Dayle Garlett 10 years 11 months ago #13174

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Apparently Hackdorn has suggested that Naitanui might play for the club formerly known as East Perth.

Dayle Garlett 10 years 10 months ago #13361

• Goodie
  • Thank you received: 2
Kim Hagdorn is generally regarded as an idiot in WA footy circles. Would be criminal to see Naitanui in an East Perth jumper.

Dayle Garlett 10 years 10 months ago #13372

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
From what I heard in the news tonight it seems he may go straight into the Eagles side.

Wouldn't do much harm they should beat Footscray even without him.

I would play Cox, Sinclair & Nic Nat.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 511 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes