OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 152 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: Good luck in the colts

Good luck in the colts 2 months 4 days ago #156541

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5030
  • Thank you received: 710
aren't you allowed to play 1999 kids in your team? if you can, then get over it...beaten by a better side which almost doubled your score.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 4 days ago #156552

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5848
  • Thank you received: 419
BH, pretty hard for Subi to promote these 1999 boys to reserves and league when the players in those respective teams are sitting pretty on the top of the table in their comps.....Subi are merely playing best available.....if they were capped for over age numbers in the colts, where do those kids go then if not able to play....some kids are late maturers due to a variety of reasons.....it's not those 1999 boys fault that Subi's reserves are bloody good....who deserves to drop out of there for those boys......and where do they play then?

Anyway, dominating colts footy as an over agers doesn't always mean senior success in the future....big jump up physically and mentally......let's be grateful these kids are wanting to be connected to a WAFL club to play their footy in a supposed dying comp.....they could easily be doing other things and playing no footy at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 4 days ago #156558

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4273
  • Thank you received: 857

Swandog wrote: Were never in todays ressies game, they looked a bit cooked


Yeah I think they did well to get as far as they did to be honest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 3 days ago #156560

  • MarkOlsen
  • MarkOlsen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2335
  • Thank you received: 309
did we win 3 one point games during the year ?
certainly had a lot of close games to get us into 5th spot.
agreed Mike, good effort to get that far and get a couple more games into some blokes that can hopefully be league regulars next year..
some decent players in the colts but no where as strong as teams we have had in other years, they have also done well to at least finish in the last 3.
Bain,Cameron and Wilson already had a taste of league, Cameron will probably end up at WC but we might have a few others to step up to league in 2019 as regular players..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 3 days ago #156563

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4273
  • Thank you received: 857
Hopefully the colts boys can repeat their earlier win over Peel in the preliminary final. It would be a great experience for them to play at Optus Stadium even though they would be the underdogs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 1 day ago #156718

  • Danger
  • Danger's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 22
It’s evident that the culture the senior players set at Subi has filtered down to their colts side which was once the laughing stock of under age comp. They took huge steps last year but have built on that this season and make no mistake they will continue to be a force under the current set up. The size of their boys is a clear indication of the commitment they’ve put in. It’s an issue Swans have had in recent years,in all grades,and while that trend continues our kids will rely purely on talent which we all know will only get you so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 23 hours ago #156719

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1587
  • Thank you received: 130

Danger wrote: It’s evident that the culture the senior players set at Subi has filtered down to their colts side which was once the laughing stock of under age comp. They took huge steps last year but have built on that this season and make no mistake they will continue to be a force under the current set up. The size of their boys is a clear indication of the commitment they’ve put in. It’s an issue Swans have had in recent years,in all grades,and while that trend continues our kids will rely purely on talent which we all know will only get you so far.


Danger the improvement has come abt through having the development process being with AFL not through any Subiaco involvement. Swans have some bigger bodied boys but it is my experience in the development process that being a 1999 boy gives you that much more exposure and experience to what is required. Harding will do a great job, first year back!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 23 hours ago #156720

  • Danger
  • Danger's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 22

Grump wrote:

Danger wrote: It’s evident that the culture the senior players set at Subi has filtered down to their colts side which was once the laughing stock of under age comp. They took huge steps last year but have built on that this season and make no mistake they will continue to be a force under the current set up. The size of their boys is a clear indication of the commitment they’ve put in. It’s an issue Swans have had in recent years,in all grades,and while that trend continues our kids will rely purely on talent which we all know will only get you so far.



Danger the improvement has come abt through having the development process being with AFL not through any Subiaco involvement. Swans have some bigger bodied boys but it is my experience in the development process that being a 1999 boy gives you that much more exposure and experience to what is required. Harding will do a great job, first year back!


Grump I think you read me wrong there? Subi have changed their approach on the colts and it’s obvious that it’s aligned it’s culture with the senior squad with that buy in mentality. They went and got Peels coach,they got Andrew Lockyer and the difference those 2 have made is no fluke.

Very few of the Swans colts seem to have developed their bodies and I think that’s an issue within the entire club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 23 hours ago #156721

  • MarkOlsen
  • MarkOlsen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2335
  • Thank you received: 309
probably best Danger to look at the ages of the relevant kids, Subi had a side that was a lot older than Swans..need to let kids grow and develop before you start getting them into weights..
I agree with you though its something that needs to be a focus for the older kids at Swans that transition into senior footy..not sure if it was huge focus of Harding at league level..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good luck in the colts 2 months 22 hours ago #156723

  • Danger
  • Danger's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 22

MarkOlsen wrote: probably best Danger to look at the ages of the relevant kids, Subi had a side that was a lot older than Swans..need to let kids grow and develop before you start getting them into weights..
I agree with you though its something that needs to be a focus for the older kids at Swans that transition into senior footy..not sure if it was huge focus of Harding at league level..


A lot of kids in this years colts team were apart of the team last year and I don’t think many of those have changed too much in body shape.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirty WeekenderBeasley Hutton
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags