Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kirk Ugle 100th 5 years 8 months ago #154431

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
I was in Melbourne last weekend so I didnt get an opportunity to pay tribute to a guy who is as courageous a player who I have seen in a Swans jumper ever. If you havent done so already have a read of the story by Chris Pike which outlines the challenges that Kirk has come through to get to his milestone. Losing one of your parents would be traumatic enough but to lose both and particularly in the circumstances of his mothers passing would be so hard and it is a tribute to Kirks character and resiliance that he has fought through these challenges to still be able to play for the club that he so obviously loves. I salute him and hope he has some more good football left in him for a few years yet.

www.wafootball.com.au/news/15512/ugle-ea...-on-way-to-100-games
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Quackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kirk Ugle 100th 5 years 8 months ago #154483

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: I was in Melbourne last weekend so I didnt get an opportunity to pay tribute to a guy who is as courageous a player who I have seen in a Swans jumper ever. If you havent done so already have a read of the story by Chris Pike which outlines the challenges that Kirk has come through to get to his milestone. Losing one of your parents would be traumatic enough but to lose both and particularly in the circumstances of his mothers passing would be so hard and it is a tribute to Kirks character and resiliance that he has fought through these challenges to still be able to play for the club that he so obviously loves. I salute him and hope he has some more good football left in him for a few years yet.

www.wafootball.com.au/news/15512/ugle-ea...-on-way-to-100-games

Fully concur with your comments mikeh and hopefully he will be there in 2019 to provide some much needed experience and guidance to what I suspect will be a very inexperienced team next season.

Kirk Ugle 100th 5 years 8 months ago #154488

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Has played approx 14 league matches this season if my memory serves correctly. Usually chips in with a goal or two along the way too. Swans will need him to continue, with the expected players leaving at seasons end apparently. Hopefully he continues.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 236 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977