OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 266 guests and one member online

  • Dazzler

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Swans V South at Bassendean

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 4 days ago #153776

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4273
  • Thank you received: 857
I was encouraged to hear the Swans supporters who attended last weeks game say that the players really had a red hot crack against Subiaco, especially in the first half. That hasn't been the case in the other recent losses against West Perth, East Perth and Perth where they have basically given up early in the game. I really hope that they can continue the competitive attitude for this weeks home game against the Doggies.

It seems beyond belief given the way that Swans have played in the past 2 months that it is still mathematically possible for us to make the finals. Probably says a lot about the mediocrity of the competition beyond the top 3 teams. Anyway lets hope Swans can use the last two home games as a bit of a springboard into 2019 and find out who will be part of the team next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 4 days ago #153778

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5030
  • Thank you received: 710
Mike..I posted on the Subi thread that SD's pressure on the ball carrier in terms of tackling and getting numbers around the ball was very good. It dropped off in the second half which is understandable as that style of game is very physically demanding. Subi has only had 2 goal-less quarters this year and last week's second quarter was one of them. If Swans can maintain that type of pressure over the next 2 weeks then they give themselves every chance of making the finals depending on what happens in other games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 4 days ago #153786

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4273
  • Thank you received: 857
Since our 2010 premiership year we have a 14 - 9 win loss record over the Doggies including 9 wins in a row at one stage. We also have an 8 - 4 advantage over them in games at Bassendean in the same timespan. More recently though its not as rosy. South have won 7 out of the last 8 games against us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 4 days ago #153806

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2449
  • Thank you received: 185
Whilst Souths should win this match, Swan Districts will give them a decent push one would think.
Swans have produced the following for their Home matches thus far:-
88 Goals for 609 points
314 Inside 50’s
169 Scoring shots
Averaging 13.7 Disposals/ scoring shot.

On the other hand, South Fremantle for Away games show:-
89 Goals for 620 points
344 Inside 50’s
175 Scoring shots
13.5 Disposals / scoring shot on average
There is not much difference between the teams. The line ups for the sides will be of interest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 2 days ago #153879

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2449
  • Thank you received: 185
Sounds like it was a great match to ¾ time.
Then Swans ran out of puff kicking only 1 goal to Souths 4 in the final term. I thought this match would have been broadcast on Swans Radio, but sadly only heard music on it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 2 days ago #153884

  • Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2427
  • Thank you received: 349
Great to see some kids get a run today....we really took it to south for a half then the more mature bodies kicked in in the 2nd half and they dismantled us with their precise 12.5metre passing game. I was really impressed with our endeavour during this one which was great to see early. Amazing what an injection of youth can do for the energy of a side. Pity we ran out of legs manning the mark in the second half but hats off to SF, smart footy on the day to decipher how to beat a home team that came to play. We still make too many disposal errors not hitting up easy targets too many times. Doesn’t always result in immediate turnovers but puts the loose player under unneeded pressure when the ball gets kicked at feet instead of direct to the chest. Little things that make a big difference to a young side.

Observations
Italiano is a lot better footballer than when I last saw him play at colts level.
Erceg needs to be given a consistent run at league level as he is a good size who will become a quality league player given the chance. Give the kid some stability and watch him blossom.
I’d love to see Alby Dean challenge himself to get fit to an elite level over the off season. The only thing holding him back from dominating the comp is 50/50 fitness ...

#17 for SF has got some serious wheels on him or did I just blink too quickly :-0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 2 days ago #153889

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Dirty Weekender wrote: Great to see some kids get a run today....we really took it to south for a half then the more mature bodies kicked in in the 2nd half and they dismantled us with their precise 12.5metre passing game. I was really impressed with our endeavour during this one which was great to see early. Amazing what an injection of youth can do for the energy of a side. Pity we ran out of legs manning the mark in the second half but hats off to SF, smart footy on the day to decipher how to beat a home team that came to play. We still make too many disposal errors not hitting up easy targets too many times. Doesn’t always result in immediate turnovers but puts the loose player under unneeded pressure when the ball gets kicked at feet instead of direct to the chest. Little things that make a big difference to a young side.

Observations
Italiano is a lot better footballer than when I last saw him play at colts level.
Erceg needs to be given a consistent run at league level as he is a good size who will become a quality league player given the chance. Give the kid some stability and watch him blossom.
I’d love to see Alby Dean challenge himself to get fit to an elite level over the off season. The only thing holding him back from dominating the comp is 50/50 fitness ...

#17 for SF has got some serious wheels on him or did I just blink too quickly :-0


DW how did you rate Noble's game and should he started on the bench in the third quarter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 2 days ago #153895

  • Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2427
  • Thank you received: 349

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Great to see some kids get a run today....we really took it to south for a half then the more mature bodies kicked in in the 2nd half and they dismantled us with their precise 12.5metre passing game. I was really impressed with our endeavour during this one which was great to see early. Amazing what an injection of youth can do for the energy of a side. Pity we ran out of legs manning the mark in the second half but hats off to SF, smart footy on the day to decipher how to beat a home team that came to play. We still make too many disposal errors not hitting up easy targets too many times. Doesn’t always result in immediate turnovers but puts the loose player under unneeded pressure when the ball gets kicked at feet instead of direct to the chest. Little things that make a big difference to a young side.

Observations
Italiano is a lot better footballer than when I last saw him play at colts level.
Erceg needs to be given a consistent run at league level as he is a good size who will become a quality league player given the chance. Give the kid some stability and watch him blossom.
I’d love to see Alby Dean challenge himself to get fit to an elite level over the off season. The only thing holding him back from dominating the comp is 50/50 fitness ...

#17 for SF has got some serious wheels on him or did I just blink too quickly :-0


DW how did you rate Noble's game and should he started on the bench in the third quarter?


Had my eyes on the kids a lot so maybe not the best bloke to comment on Noble. To be honest didn’t notice the big fellas a lot today...probably something to do with the 12.5m chipping game SF installed. Not a lot of kicking down the lines and we seemed to fall in to the same style of game. Apparrently the quickest way to get to Broome from Perth is to drive to Albany first, cross over to Esperance first before retracing your steps back to Albany, you can then drive to Bunbury before heading to Mt Barker from where you can return to Perth in hope that one day you might get to kick the ball forward of centre in the general direction of Broome ie the forward 50. Modern footy shits me at times although this wasn’t a bad game too watch for the first 3/4. We were out on our feet during the last that’s for sure with most of the kids running on the spot.

How did you rate Noble’s game as s matter of interest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 2 days ago #153897

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Great to see some kids get a run today....we really took it to south for a half then the more mature bodies kicked in in the 2nd half and they dismantled us with their precise 12.5metre passing game. I was really impressed with our endeavour during this one which was great to see early. Amazing what an injection of youth can do for the energy of a side. Pity we ran out of legs manning the mark in the second half but hats off to SF, smart footy on the day to decipher how to beat a home team that came to play. We still make too many disposal errors not hitting up easy targets too many times. Doesn’t always result in immediate turnovers but puts the loose player under unneeded pressure when the ball gets kicked at feet instead of direct to the chest. Little things that make a big difference to a young side.

Observations
Italiano is a lot better footballer than when I last saw him play at colts level.
Erceg needs to be given a consistent run at league level as he is a good size who will become a quality league player given the chance. Give the kid some stability and watch him blossom.
I’d love to see Alby Dean challenge himself to get fit to an elite level over the off season. The only thing holding him back from dominating the comp is 50/50 fitness ...

#17 for SF has got some serious wheels on him or did I just blink too quickly :-0


DW how did you rate Noble's game and should he started on the bench in the third quarter?


Had my eyes on the kids a lot so maybe not the best bloke to comment on Noble. To be honest didn’t notice the big fellas a lot today...probably something to do with the 12.5m chipping game SF installed. Not a lot of kicking down the lines and we seemed to fall in to the same style of game. Apparrently the quickest way to get to Broome from Perth is to drive to Albany first, cross over to Esperance first before retracing your steps back to Albany, you can then drive to Bunbury before heading to Mt Barker from where you can return to Perth in hope that one day you might get to kick the ball forward of centre in the general direction of Broome ie the forward 50. Modern footy shits me at times although this wasn’t a bad game too watch for the first 3/4. We were out on our feet during the last that’s for sure with most of the kids running on the spot.

How did you rate Noble’s game as s matter of interest?


I think he was pretty useful in the first half and it was a very dumb coaching move. Another dumb move was persisting in leaving Notte for the first 15 minutes of the third quarter in the forward line when the ball was virtually stuck in our back line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 3 months 2 days ago #153900

  • Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2427
  • Thank you received: 349

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Great to see some kids get a run today....we really took it to south for a half then the more mature bodies kicked in in the 2nd half and they dismantled us with their precise 12.5metre passing game. I was really impressed with our endeavour during this one which was great to see early. Amazing what an injection of youth can do for the energy of a side. Pity we ran out of legs manning the mark in the second half but hats off to SF, smart footy on the day to decipher how to beat a home team that came to play. We still make too many disposal errors not hitting up easy targets too many times. Doesn’t always result in immediate turnovers but puts the loose player under unneeded pressure when the ball gets kicked at feet instead of direct to the chest. Little things that make a big difference to a young side.

Observations
Italiano is a lot better footballer than when I last saw him play at colts level.
Erceg needs to be given a consistent run at league level as he is a good size who will become a quality league player given the chance. Give the kid some stability and watch him blossom.
I’d love to see Alby Dean challenge himself to get fit to an elite level over the off season. The only thing holding him back from dominating the comp is 50/50 fitness ...

#17 for SF has got some serious wheels on him or did I just blink too quickly :-0


DW how did you rate Noble's game and should he started on the bench in the third quarter?


Had my eyes on the kids a lot so maybe not the best bloke to comment on Noble. To be honest didn’t notice the big fellas a lot today...probably something to do with the 12.5m chipping game SF installed. Not a lot of kicking down the lines and we seemed to fall in to the same style of game. Apparrently the quickest way to get to Broome from Perth is to drive to Albany first, cross over to Esperance first before retracing your steps back to Albany, you can then drive to Bunbury before heading to Mt Barker from where you can return to Perth in hope that one day you might get to kick the ball forward of centre in the general direction of Broome ie the forward 50. Modern footy shits me at times although this wasn’t a bad game too watch for the first 3/4. We were out on our feet during the last that’s for sure with most of the kids running on the spot.

How did you rate Noble’s game as s matter of interest?


I think he was pretty useful in the first half and it was a very dumb coaching move. Another dumb move was persisting in leaving Notte for the first 15 minutes of the third quarter in the forward line when the ball was virtually stuck in our back line.


We challenged SF today for a bit in a lot of areas which was more than I’ve come to expect in season 2018. Watching from ground level today on the outer to get some sun so found it harder noticing a lot of the strategic moves from both teams that I usually notice from up in the Billy Walker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: Dirty WeekenderBeasley Hutton
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags