Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Matt Rogers? 5 years 8 months ago #153268

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Jimmy Two Times's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
What’s happen to Matt Rogers?

I heard he has departed the club after being dropped to the 2s.

Also a few other boys have gone, overlooked for league games, I believe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt Rogers? 5 years 8 months ago #153269

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would expect that we will lose upwards of 10-15 players to have left or will leave the club at season's end.

It will be very disappointing if Rogers has left the club.

Matt Rogers? 5 years 8 months ago #153271

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

Jimmy Two Times wrote: What’s happen to Matt Rogers?

I have no idea JTT but Matt has been one of our most whole hearted performers over the last 3 -4 years and it would be disappointing if that is true. I am now starting to wonder what the relationship is between the players and the coaching staff. As I have said previously I think the players have come to expect a certain level of themselves under Harding which is to be mediocre and to be honest they have not really been serious contenders for the flag since 2012, so to some extent have settled back into a comfort zone and are using Subiaco's dominance and the alignments as an excuse not to perform better. Maybe Pickering has come along this year and told a few home truths which some of the players don't like. Just a hunch.

Matt Rogers? 5 years 8 months ago #153272

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

Jimmy Two Times wrote: What’s happen to Matt Rogers?

I have no idea JTT but Matt has been one of our most whole hearted performers over the last 3 -4 years and it would be disappointing if that is true. I am now starting to wonder what the relationship is between the players and the coaching staff. As I have said previously I think the players have come to expect a certain level of themselves under Harding which is to be mediocre and to be honest they have not really been serious contenders for the flag since 2012, so to some extent have settled back into a comfort zone and are using Subiaco's dominance and the alignments as an excuse not to perform better. Maybe Pickering has come along this year and told a few home truths which some of the players don't like. Just a hunch.

mikeh who knows; but there would be very few players who have been more whole hearted and committed than Rogers since he came to Swans. From what I understand in yesterday's game Notte played virtually all the match up forward and we kicked 4 goals. I have been bemused by some of our selections this year; there doesn't seem to be much method or consistency.

Another player that didn't play in the reserves yesterday was Daniels. It seems to me that some players who have done the hard yards in the reserves have been overlooked in favour of some younger players. Is this a precursor to eliminating the reserves competition?

How many of the likes of Notte, Howard, Ugle, Ellard, Palmer, Faulkner, Riggio, Turner, Slater, Coniglio, Wityk, Daniels, Rogers, Clutterbuck et al will be at Swans in 2019?

My feeling is that Swans will have fewer than 5 players next year who have played 50 games or more for Swans.

Matt Rogers? 5 years 8 months ago #154297

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
I think you might find Rogers and Pickers have history before at Perth. I think Rogers left Perth around the time Pickering was coaching Perth ressies and the two may not have seen eye to eye back then. I'm happy to stand corrected but other Perth supporters might back me up on that one.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Matt Rogers? 5 years 8 months ago #154670

• Danger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Daniels played the last game of Ammo’s before finals,don’t think he qualified for finals though as didn’t play last week.

Matt Rogers? 5 years 8 months ago #154761

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I don't know much about it but pretty sure the problem is the coach.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 429 guests and 3 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag