Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152709

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
I'm now convinced Subi will lose 1 game in 2018.It could be the Grandfinal or next week.It will be Xmas in August if Swans get up v Subi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152711

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

gtrxuone wrote: I'm now convinced Subi will lose 1 game in 2018.It could be the Grandfinal or next week.It will be Xmas in August if Swans get up v Subi.

If peel find a way to sneak in to the five then update their list for the important stuff then maybe...today was the day after the bye and it almost happened...Notte will go back to CHB and we’ll get done by 15 as usual and discuss it as acceptable
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152713

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Good for the boys to get a win and break the losing run. Great to see some of the young blokes contributing strongly as well, particularly Italiano. Hopefully they celebrate the victory as it will probably be the last for 2018.

Last edit: by mikeh.

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152731

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Was wondering how on earth we were going to kick a winning score with from our Top 4 goalkickers in the season so far one has retired (Banfield), one was astonishingly playing Reserves (Rogers), one was equally astonishingly playing Full Back (Gault) and the other playing midfield/ruck (Noble). But regular defenders Ugle and Notte went forward along with 2nd game midfield goer Italiano chipped in for 10 goals between them which is more than we have kicked in a game for months!

Notte goes forward and kicks goals...wowee who woulda guessed that no brainer move would ever get employed by our brains trust. Astonishing it has taken so long

Mitch McKenzie took a couple of really strong grabs up forward yesterday as well...another player we had pigeon holed as a defender only!

Call me old fashioned but Toddy always liked to have versatile players who could swap between forward, back or midfield roles at the drop of a hat, rucks who could also play key positions...it seemed to work for us back then and I havent seen a better SD (or any side bar CL/SF circa 1981 for that matter) since!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152735

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BH, I know we won the game but I am still shaking my head about Rogers being dropped. I am wondering if it might have been a disciplinary issue?

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152736

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote: I'm now convinced Subi will lose 1 game in 2018.It could be the Grandfinal or next week.It will be Xmas in August if Swans get up v Subi.

More likely it will be a pumped up West Perth in a few weeks if it is going to happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152741

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Was wondering how on earth we were going to kick a winning score with from our Top 4 goalkickers in the season so far one has retired (Banfield), one was astonishingly playing Reserves (Rogers), one was equally astonishingly playing Full Back (Gault) and the other playing midfield/ruck (Noble). But regular defenders Ugle and Notte went forward along with 2nd game midfield goer Italiano chipped in for 10 goals between them which is more than we have kicked in a game for months!

Notte goes forward and kicks goals...wowee who woulda guessed that no brainer move would ever get employed by our brains trust. Astonishing it has taken so long

DW Notte has always shown his versatility and kicking goals. And yes it was worth a try. But there are two sides to the coin and by moving Notte forward we moved Gault. I think Gault's return to Swans has been a huge plus for Swans but he was far too loose playing on Loersch Notte scored 3.1 to Loersch's 6.2

I am not sure why Rogers was in the ressies. There were some promising signs with the younger guys performing well. I thought Blakely had a good game as well.

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152745

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
You blokes mustn't be watching Roger closely- he's always done his own thing

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152747

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

KCEF wrote: You blokes mustn't be watching Roger closely- he's always done his own thing

Really. What would that be?

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152793

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

DW Notte has always shown his versatility and kicking goals. And yes it was worth a try. But there are two sides to the coin and by moving Notte forward we moved Gault. I think Gault's return to Swans has been a huge plus for Swans but he was far too loose playing on Loersch Notte scored 3.1 to Loersch's 6.2

I am not sure why Rogers was in the ressies. There were some promising signs with the younger guys performing well. I thought Blakely had a good game as well.

My gripe with the Notte situation is why the hell in games we can’t buy ourselves a goal does he not get swung forward and give the team a chance to score. I hear what you are saying but as BH pointed out with the Toddy comment swinging players around ain’t exactly rocket science when the team ain’t bothering the scoreboard attendant .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 2618 guests and one member online

• ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric