OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 174 guests and one member online

  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: V EF

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152396

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5848
  • Thank you received: 419
Thought I would be "innovative" here and start some discussion for this weekend's clash between SD & EF.....been starting an EF game thread each week on the EF thread with little success in EF end game result....bit of reverse superstition analogy here........yep sad I know, but desperate for a change of luck here for EF.....LOL

Obviously both sides struggling at this present point in time, one of the two clubs will reverse their good "fortune" here......I see Riggio is out suspended for SD, big loss there.....though can see the Gault/Blakely duo causing EF a few headaches here.....Gault will be looking to hit the scoreboard here big time for SD....whilst Notte should be able to minimize any impact Loersch might have for EF up front.....does SD have any hidden second tier players ready to have a breakout game in front of goals like Perth's Leggett did last year or Bennell did earlier this year or as Carey did last weekend?

Should be a game of two halves....as of late one half of good footy is all EF have been able to play this season....on a good day that is......the colts should be a good contest, as both teams looking for a top 3 position come finals time.....SD reserves keep finding themselves in front at the final bell with some last minute wins......as for the league game....think SD extra motivation to stay in the finals race compared to EF improbable chance of escaping the spoon, should see SD win here....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152397

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Freezin wrote: Thought I would be innovative here and start some discussion for this weekend's clash between SD & EF.....being doing it each week on the EF thread with little success in EF end game result....but of reverse superstition analogy here....LOL

Obviously both sides struggling at this present point in time, one of the two clubs will reverse their good "fortune" here......I see Riggio is out suspended for SD, big loss there.....though can see the Gault/Blakely duo causing EF a few headaches here.....Gault will be looking to hit the scoreboard here big time for SD....whilst Notte should be able to minimize any impact Loersch might have for EF up front.....does SD have any hidden second tier Ayers ready to have a breakout game in front of goals like Perth's Leggett did last year or Bennell did earlier this year or as Carey did last weekend?

Should be a game of two halves....as of late one half of good footy is all EF have been able to play this season....on a good day that is......the colts should be a good contest, as both teams looking for a top 3 position come finals time.....SD reserves keep finding themselves in front at the final bell with some last minute wins......as for the league game....think SD extra motivation to stay in the finals race compared to EF improbable chance of escaping the spoon, should see SD win here....


freezin exactly what planet are you on? How can you possible suggest and I quote "SD extra motivation to stay in the finals (sic) race". Our percentage is currently 81.95% and we are on track to lose about 10% in the next game after we play East Freo this week?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152400

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5848
  • Thank you received: 419
I am on the planet of "positivity" unlike your good negative self mate.....and from last looks, SD were a hell of a lot closer to 5th spot than EF are to 8th spot.....and EF have Subi and SF to play yet....so stop whinging how hard done your beloved black n whites % is gonna be.....pales in comparison to EF current % mate......42 was Chicken Little your favourite movie mate?....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152428

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Freezin wrote: I am on the planet of "positivity" unlike your good negative self mate.....and from last looks, SD were a hell of a lot closer to 5th spot than EF are to 8th spot.....and EF have Subi and SF to play yet....so stop whinging how hard done your beloved black n whites % is gonna be.....pales in comparison to EF current % mate......42 was Chicken Little your favourite movie mate?....


Good luck trying to find a Swans's supporters who will agree with your contention we are in "the finals (sic) race".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152436

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4273
  • Thank you received: 857
Riggio is a big out as he and Jesse Turner have been the only ones having any impact in the midfield over the past 3 - 4 weeks. Mind you it gives one of the reserves guys who have been playing so well(Ethan Mcguire,Chad Daniels, Alby Dean etc) another opportunity to prove that they are part of the 2019 plans, particularly given the news that Riggers appears to be pulling the pin at seasons end.

Will be interesting to see the way this game goes. 8th v 9th is not going to get too many excited.Swans appear to have put the cue in the rack even though they still have a mathematical chance of playing finals. It could be argued that the cue has never come out of the rack for EF with their early season injuries and poor form. I have noticed that the Sharks have recently played well in patches to the extent that they headed West Perth at one stage in their last home game.

I think EF will be motivated for this match as they will probably see it as their last realistic opportunity for a win. As for Swans I am still unsure as to what is going on with the playing group. They are certainly not playing team footy that is for sure.

I would tip the Sharks to win by 3 or 4 goals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152438

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

mikeh wrote: Riggio is a big out as he and Jesse Turner have been the only ones having any impact in the midfield over the past 3 - 4 weeks. Mind you it gives one of the reserves guys who have been playing so well(Ethan Mcguire,Chad Daniels, Alby Dean etc) another opportunity to prove that they are part of the 2019 plans, particularly given the news that Riggers appears to be pulling the pin at seasons end.

Will be interesting to see the way this game goes. 8th v 9th is not going to get too many excited.Swans appear to have put the cue in the rack even though they still have a mathematical chance of playing finals. It could be argued that the cue has never come out of the rack for EF with their early season injuries and poor form. I have noticed that the Sharks have recently played well in patches to the extent that they headed West Perth at one stage in their last home game.

I think EF will be motivated for this match as they will probably see it as their last realistic opportunity for a win. As for Swans I am still unsure as to what is going on with the playing group. They are certainly not playing team footy that is for sure.

I would tip the Sharks to win by 3 or 4 goals.


I hope to see my first live Swans's wins since around round 5 on Saturday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152439

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5848
  • Thank you received: 419
Looks like an array of young colts boys may be on show for both sides....I know SD have already blooded a few....whilst up to 4 colts boys appear in EF league list in this weekend's budget.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152440

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4273
  • Thank you received: 857

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Riggio is a big out as he and Jesse Turner have been the only ones having any impact in the midfield over the past 3 - 4 weeks. Mind you it gives one of the reserves guys who have been playing so well(Ethan Mcguire,Chad Daniels, Alby Dean etc) another opportunity to prove that they are part of the 2019 plans, particularly given the news that Riggers appears to be pulling the pin at seasons end.

Will be interesting to see the way this game goes. 8th v 9th is not going to get too many excited.Swans appear to have put the cue in the rack even though they still have a mathematical chance of playing finals. It could be argued that the cue has never come out of the rack for EF with their early season injuries and poor form. I have noticed that the Sharks have recently played well in patches to the extent that they headed West Perth at one stage in their last home game.

I think EF will be motivated for this match as they will probably see it as their last realistic opportunity for a win. As for Swans I am still unsure as to what is going on with the playing group. They are certainly not playing team footy that is for sure.

I would tip the Sharks to win by 3 or 4 goals.


I hope to see my first live Swans's wins since around round 5 on Saturday.


Would appreciate a report Swan42, as you are aware I am not attending.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152444

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2449
  • Thank you received: 185
Swans had a healthy percentage of 138.1 at the completion of the week 2 fixturing..It then took a dramatic turn for the worse down to a percentage in the 80's. It then climbed up to 107.2 after the 9th set of fixtures. And then headed south again to the current 81.95 percent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 3 months 2 weeks ago #152450

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1829
  • Thank you received: 690
Think the sharks might win this match..Riggio is a huge out for Swans.Freeze even if Swans win this one its Subi next week. That looks like a 20 goal loss ATM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.
Moderators: Dirty WeekenderBeasley Hutton
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags