Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151859

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
We may have no money but we do have plenty of heart you gotta give us that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151860

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Just to finish my days posting on a positive note,kudos to the reserves team for winning their 4th game in a row today, another come from behind 1 point victory which is their 3rd 1 point victory in the last 4 weeks.They sure know how to win the close ones. A bright ray of light on an otherwise dark day for our club.

Agreed mikeh; that's what makes the league situation even more difficult to understand.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151861

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Winger wrote: Potente may have done his ACL.

Faaaark:angry:

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151864

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

mikeh wrote:

Swandog wrote: To make matters worse I only heard in the last hour Ellard has finished up and pulled the pin, WTF is going on behind closed doors?

This is not good. I have a bad feeling about all this stuff. For the club co-captain to retire before the end of the season is very unusual. He is only 28 .

I`m not sure of the reason, whether he is cooked mentally, injured or its the coach. I can understand a few lesser lights dropping away with a new coach asserting authority and setting new standards and rules but when the skipper pulls the pin in July that is strange to me.
On the flip side if Pickerings motive is to intentionally challenge those players whom he deems to be lacking in attitude, dedication or whatever and they move on then maybe in the long term that is best for the club as it was "always going to be a building year" to quote a 150 game Premiership player with close ties to the club.- flushing those who are totally committed and those who are not. Maybe it is backfiring early, who knows.
I am only guessing and only those at the club through the week behind closed doors etc would know the truth. No excuse for todays effort though and countless times leaving players unmanned in their forward line and having several one on four situations etc is inexcusable at this level.
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151866

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Swandog wrote: To make matters worse I only heard in the last hour Ellard has finished up and pulled the pin, WTF is going on behind closed doors?

This is not good. I have a bad feeling about all this stuff. For the club co-captain to retire before the end of the season is very unusual. He is only 28 .

I`m not sure of the reason, whether he is cooked mentally, injured or its the coach. I can understand a few lesser lights dropping away with a new coach asserting authority and setting new standards and rules but when the skipper pulls the pin in July that is strange to me.
On the flip side if Pickerings motive is to intentionally challenge those players whom he deems to be lacking in attitude, dedication or whatever and they move on then maybe in the long term that is best for the club as it was "always going to be a building year" to quote a 150 game Premiership player with close ties to the club.- flushing those who are totally committed and those who are not. Maybe it is backfiring early, who knows.
I am only guessing and only those at the club through the week behind closed doors etc would know the truth. No excuse for todays effort though and countless times leaving players unmanned in their forward line and having several one on four situations etc is inexcusable at this level.

sd I wasn't at the game but if you check the statistics we had about 30 disposals less than WP and the inside 50s were 62 to 29. That suggests that we didn't have much interest in attacking and if you look at the number of handballs it looks as though we played pretty dumb wet weather footy.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151867

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Firstly apologies to 42 for my not getting back to reply to his question last week re where to from here. Maybe a few answers here. It appears today’s performance has done its best to justify my stance that some people in influential positions within the club need to move on and let new blood have a crack at reinvigorating our entire list and somewhat our culture. We continue to go backwards, aside from Jessie Turner, possibly Hackett it appears nobody has improved in 2018 (exclude Riggs he is consistent every year) . in my opinion short sighted wrong decisions got made at the end of last year by those with the influence which we will pay for over the next few seasons. There is a very well connected local fella with eyes everywhere currently in the AFL system who I believe is our best bet to help us repair, let’s hope someone has the balls to make the hard call and go get some modern intelligence to fill the void we are currently enduring. Change for the sake of change alone needs to be made as the current set up is failing. How do I know that? Well when I can’t be effed going to watch my club play that’s a pretty good indicator to me. Close to 40 years I’ve had the black duck fever, even through those hard times in the 90s and 00s but watching our current standards is heartbreaking and knowing the reasons behind it even moreso. If the club doesn’t have the gonads to make change very much doubt I’ll bother with it at all in 2019.

Thanks DW for your input. What needs to happen in any sporting club there needs to be some renewal in the club's board/committee rather than have a stagnant board where nothing changes. However, change for change sake isn't the answer; nor is selecting any board member whose commitment to the club is questionable based on their own summary of the reasons they are seeking a position on the board.

I would urge any Swans's member who is not happy with the current situation and has the necessary time and expertise to improve our club to nominate for the board. I would also urge that as part of the election of board members that all candidates are on an even basis and ALL CANDIDATES have access to the same membership details whether they be currently on the board or are running to gain a position on the board.

my comments relate to other areas we need to improve...my knowledge re the intricacies of the board is limited at best

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151868

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Firstly apologies to 42 for my not getting back to reply to his question last week re where to from here. Maybe a few answers here. It appears today’s performance has done its best to justify my stance that some people in influential positions within the club need to move on and let new blood have a crack at reinvigorating our entire list and somewhat our culture. We continue to go backwards, aside from Jessie Turner, possibly Hackett it appears nobody has improved in 2018 (exclude Riggs he is consistent every year) . in my opinion short sighted wrong decisions got made at the end of last year by those with the influence which we will pay for over the next few seasons. There is a very well connected local fella with eyes everywhere currently in the AFL system who I believe is our best bet to help us repair, let’s hope someone has the balls to make the hard call and go get some modern intelligence to fill the void we are currently enduring. Change for the sake of change alone needs to be made as the current set up is failing. How do I know that? Well when I can’t be effed going to watch my club play that’s a pretty good indicator to me. Close to 40 years I’ve had the black duck fever, even through those hard times in the 90s and 00s but watching our current standards is heartbreaking and knowing the reasons behind it even moreso. If the club doesn’t have the gonads to make change very much doubt I’ll bother with it at all in 2019.

Thanks DW for your input. What needs to happen in any sporting club there needs to be some renewal in the club's board/committee rather than have a stagnant board where nothing changes. However, change for change sake isn't the answer; nor is selecting any board member whose commitment to the club is questionable based on their own summary of the reasons they are seeking a position on the board.

I would urge any Swans's member who is not happy with the current situation and has the necessary time and expertise to improve our club to nominate for the board. I would also urge that as part of the election of board members that all candidates are on an even basis and ALL CANDIDATES have access to the same membership details whether they be currently on the board or are running to gain a position on the board.

my comments relate to other areas we need to improve...my knowledge re the intricacies of the board is limited at best

i thought you were referring to footy matters.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151869

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Ellard was the vocal one among a very fragile group last season calling out lack of effort. If not injury maybe we’ve worn the desire outta of him.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151870

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote:

sd I wasn't at the game but if you check the statistics we had about 30 disposals less than WP and the inside 50s were 62 to 29. That suggests that we didn't have much interest in attacking and if you look at the number of handballs it looks as though we played pretty dumb wet weather footy.

Dumb is being kind, but you are on the money
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151880

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Dumb is being kind, but you are on the money

If I had been at the match I would have been more strident as I was when I made my comments about Tony Notte.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 310 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977