Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151678

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Is there a Swans supporter out there who gives us any realistic hope of winning this game on Saturday? Swans have lost their last 5 games at Joondalup and we are arguably in a worse slump going into this game than any of the defeats of the past 4 - 5 years,apart from 2016 of course which was a disasterous season.

West Perth are cruising towards a qualifying final against South Fremantle and they won't want to drop this home match. Good to see Cipro rewarded for some solid footy in the reserves over the past few weeks, some new names on the bench including Charlie Cameron's younger brother Jared. Still no Chad Daniels though.

The weather forecast is pretty dire for Saturday which may be to our advantage if we are mentally up for the game and are able to turn it into a bit of a wet weather slog. Grasping at straws maybe but you never know in footy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151680

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
The lovely weather of the past couple of days is coming to an end according to the barometer. Which ever team adapts to the wet conditions the best will run out winners. I would have picked West Perth by about 30 points. With the weather doing a U turn it probably won't be a high scoring match. And Swan Districts know the consequences of last weeks loss. This match is the absolute last roll of the dice for Swans. With the predicted wet weather, one never knows? If they can get a Win on Saturday the race for the 4th and 5th spots between Swans, Perth and Claremont will look very interesting.

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151706

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
mikeh if you go to the game tomorrow, could you please provide a report on how Swans go? Thanks.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151719

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote: mikeh if you go to the game tomorrow, could you please provide a report on how Swans go? Thanks.

50/50 at this stage Swan42. If I don't make it hopefully BH can.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151720

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote: mikeh if you go to the game tomorrow, could you please provide a report on how Swans go? Thanks.

50/50 at this stage Swan42. If I don't make it hopefully BH can.

At least it is not as far a drive home after yet another thumping! :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151722

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
are you blokes jumping off already? 42 not going, Mike 50/50...what's going on with the most passionate supporters in the land? ;-)

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151724

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm a realist, the combination of the weather forecast, an 80km round trip and the current form of the Swans team makes me think that an afternoon with a good book in front of the heater sounds a much better option. OK you can call me a "fair" weather supporter if you like...B)

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151726

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
to be honest...the thought of going to south Geraldton with the current forecast wouldn't appeal to me either.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151737

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

BC wrote: to be honest...the thought of going to south Geraldton with the current forecast wouldn't appeal to me either.

the trek south to Bunbury is a lot worse let me tell you!

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151738

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: are you blokes jumping off already? 42 not going, Mike 50/50...what's going on with the most passionate supporters in the land? ;-)

I have already expressed my dissatisfaction with the way the WAFL is heading. This season and what is going to happen next year is vastly more disappointing than Swans's 2016 season.

Last edit: by swan42.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 325 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL