Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150865

• Mr AFL
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Slater had food poisoning didn't he?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150867

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

swan42 wrote:

Danger wrote:

mikeh wrote: Swan 42, this is a response to the points you made on the top 5 thread. I thought it looked out of place there so I have copied and pasted onto this thread.

Agree with most of what you have said Swan42. The key area you have highlighted is the lack of quality players to replace injured key personnel. I have always admired Faulkner for his ability to get the ball but as you said thats not much good if you cough it up to the opposition easily. The only highlight of his game yesterday was the goal from 50 metres out in the 3rd quarter which I thought he had no chance of getting. Yucich tries hard but is just not up to it unfortunately. Stewart looked unfit I thought. He shouldnt have played even though he did a few good things, he was still a passenger. Wilson is a very talented player who frustrates me somewhat. He has purple patches in games where he dominates proceedings and then fades out. For example I thought he was the key factor in our mini fightback in the 3rd quarter. He took some good marks and delivered the ball very well into the forward 50. Then just as quickly he disppears out of the game.

I assume Ellard did his injury in the warm up as he looked sore at the start of the game and had no impact.

I agree with you about Clutterbuck but I would give him one more chance next week, purley because he is playing against his old club. If he can't produce a decent game for this occasion then yes his time may be up.

Is Jackson Slater injured at the moment?. Even though he is sometimes a bit sloppy with his disposals, he provides us with much needed pace around the ground. I thought he would have been useful yesterday as the Demons looked like they were running us off our legs at times.

What purpose would Clutterbuck having a half decent game next week serve?! It’s that type of thinking the coaches must not go with! It would 1/delay the inevitable 2/stall the development of a less future senior player and 3/not improve us going forward. We didn’t need him early when we were winning but with him,Yukich and to a lesser extent Faulkner we have gone back to what hasn’t worked in previous years. And those 3 make us a lot slower.

mikeh thanks for your thoughts. Did you happen to see the reserves yesterday? Who do you think deserves to play league next week?

No I didnt see the ressies, a bit early for me. However from the stats and what I have seen over the last 3 - 4 weeks, three guys come to mind,Brandon Erceg, Chad Daniels and Josh Cipro may be worth a run I would have thought.
More than this though what I am looking for next week is a lift from the experienced core group of 8 -9 players who we know are capable of much better than the stuff they served up yesterday. I will exempt Matt Riggio from that criticism as I thought he tried his heart out all day. There was one stage late in the game where he was battling against 4 Perth opponents and no Swans players came to support him.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150868

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Mr AFL wrote: Slater had food poisoning didn't he?

I got to the ground late and hadnt heard that, so thanks for that info.
Did anyone know why the game didnt start till 2.25? I know the NAIDOC celebrations were on but surely they could have started the pre game stuff 10 mins earlier so the game got under way on time?

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150878

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Slater had food poisoning didn't he?

I got to the ground late and hadnt heard that, so thanks for that info.
Did anyone know why the game didnt start till 2.25? I know the NAIDOC celebrations were on but surely they could have started the pre game stuff 10 mins earlier so the game got under way on time?

That might have meant reducing the women's match; how could they have done that given the pulsating nature and closeness of the match?

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150879

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
I would like to see Freddy in a fwd pocket.He's a big body that can tackle and Sheppard fwd.Working around the clearances fwd and that would help our mids also.Slater if available on the wing.He might butcher his kicks from time to time but he's a livewire wingman.Fast and a great endurance runner.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 317 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes