Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150724

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Swans have picked a squad of 25,one of the inclusions being Nathan Blakely. Great news if he plays although Yukich has still been named on the bench so there must still be a fitness test for Nathan closer to the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150735

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
I just read there will br a traditional game of Marngrook played at half time of the league game to celebrate during this NAIDOC round. Never seen it before played live....now this is a bloody good reason to get down to the footy this weekend. Well done to the organisers....pity about the colts and ressies schmozzle

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150754

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: I just read there will br a traditional game of Marngrook played at half time of the league game to celebrate during this NAIDOC round. Never seen it before played live....now this is a bloody good reason to get down to the footy this weekend. Well done to the organisers....pity about the colts and ressies schmozzle

Kudos to the SDF Board for that decision and a brickbat for the same board in terms of the decision regarding the fixturing of the colts and ressies.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150755

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Swans have picked a squad of 25,one of the inclusions being Nathan Blakely. Great news if he plays although Yukich has still been named on the bench so there must still be a fitness test for Nathan closer to the game.

Yukich will have a long wait from 7.30 am Saturday morning if he is held over from the ressies in case Blakely is unable to take his place in the league team.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150786

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Swans have picked a squad of 25,one of the inclusions being Nathan Blakely. Great news if he plays although Yukich has still been named on the bench so there must still be a fitness test for Nathan closer to the game.

Yukich will have a long wait from 7.30 am Saturday morning if he is held over from the ressies in case Blakely is unable to take his place in the league team.

That is what has happened Swan 42. Yukich is not playing reserves today so they must be delaying a decision on Blakely till the last moment

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150800

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Losing our ruckman and putting Gault into the ruck has upset our fwd line.Wilson our only fwd that could mark overhead today.Our defence was solid today but mids and fwds where down.Riggs,Turner,Banfield didn't light up today.
Slater injured or reserves .Miss his pace on the wing.Freddy still a bit rusty.
Perth where the better side allday today.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150805

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Watching the game today I was thinking that there were two teams out there heading in opposite directions in 2018. Very well played to the Demons. They should have won by a lot more and I would advise their supporters not to book any holidays in September. They have really gelled as a team. There was one moment in the 3rd quarter where Swans got to within 7 points and looked to have the momentum in the game. At that stage the Perth players must have been thinking of how they let it slip 4 weeks ago,but to their credit they doubled down and pulled away again.

As for Swans there were too many guys who just didnt want to work hard enough. Only Turner and Riggio were putting the required effort in. Stewart is not fit enough for league footy I don't care how much talent he has.
I lost count of the number of times we turned over the ball with really awful handballing and kicks.
Palmer had an absolute shocker today and got himself reported in the last quarter. The loss of Ellard didnt help but there are no excuses for the performance of the majority of the team.
We are now in a position where we will be pretty much playing for our season next week against East Perth. We have 3 away games after that and we may find ourselves out of the running before August if we lose next week.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150811

• Danger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
First of all let’s discuss the disgraceful decision to have the women’s game before the League. If anyone actually wanted to watch women’s football they’d make the effort to get down on the Sunday. We all know what the powers that be are trying to force on us but it’s an absolute joke and we should not stand for it and nor should the players! Our club has a strong and successful women’s program to be proud of but let’s not interfere with our clubs history by trying to be some politically correct,fashionista! It will never,ever be a success to play a women’s game before the League no matter what spin you put in it. Yeah they won,woohoo. They win if it was played tomorrow too.

Now let’s discuss the current shambles that is our League side. Pickering started off well but now I’m confused as to whether we are trying to make finals,shut up shop and play the kids,and or give out farewell games. To be brutally honest Freddie Clutterbuck should never play league again,he’s a long way past it! Troy Yukich,my god. He will never,ever be a league player. We should’ve rucked Gault and had Wityk at FF. Why was Reidy and O’Sullivan,both inexperienced first year players playing down back together and Reidy manning one of their most dangerous fwds?Yes I know it’s a learning experience but are we not trying to win the game 1st?

If Pickering didn’t learn anything from the first 2 games where we got out of jail on both occasions then he’s not half the coach I thought he was. We got burnt in exactly the same way only this time they were able to sustain their dominance.

We are done,cooked,no chance of making finals on current form so bring in more kids but let’s not lose by playing the same has beens,hacks that we have for the last 2-3 years only to get the same results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150815

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Danger wrote: First of all let’s discuss the disgraceful decision to have the women’s game before the League. If anyone actually wanted to watch women’s football they’d make the effort to get down on the Sunday. We all know what the powers that be are trying to force on us but it’s an absolute joke and we should not stand for it and nor should the players! Our club has a strong and successful women’s program to be proud of but let’s not interfere with our clubs history by trying to be some politically correct,fashionista! It will never,ever be a success to play a women’s game before the League no matter what spin you put in it. Yeah they won,woohoo. They win if it was played tomorrow too.

Now let’s discuss the current shambles that is our League side. Pickering started off well but now I’m confused as to whether we are trying to make finals,shut up shop and play the kids,and or give out farewell games. To be brutally honest Freddie Clutterbuck should never play league again,he’s a long way past it! Troy Yukich,my god. He will never,ever be a league player. We should’ve rucked Gault and had Wityk at FF. Why was Reidy and O’Sullivan,both inexperienced first year players playing down back together and Reidy manning one of their most dangerous fwds?Yes I know it’s a learning experience but are we not trying to win the game 1st?

If Pickering didn’t learn anything from the first 2 games where we got out of jail on both occasions then he’s not half the coach I thought he was. We got burnt in exactly the same way only this time they were able to sustain their dominance.

We are done,cooked,no chance of making finals on current form so bring in more kids but let’s not lose by playing the same has beens,hacks that we have for the last 2-3 years only to get the same results.

yep...we are miles off the level

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150822

• Danger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Would love to see Chad Daniels get a game!

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 855 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977