Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150541

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Didnt this game get played only 4 weeks ago? Very strange fixturing. Anyway this is a crucial contest for both clubs in their ambitions to make the top 5. Swans have lost their last 3 matches and cannot afford to drop this one. They really have to make their home games count for the rest of the season because their away record is very poor so to get up to 9 wins we need to make Bassendean a fortress. As for Perth, they would still be thinking about the last game where they were 6 goals up at quarter time however failed to deliver the knockout blow and let Swans back into it. Since then they have had a couple of good wins to get themselves back into contention.
50/50 contest I reckon, depends on how both teams match up on the day.
Weather looks fine for Saturday so should be a decent crowd for the NAIDOC game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150558

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Didnt this game get played only 4 weeks ago? Very strange fixturing. Anyway this is a crucial contest for both clubs in their ambitions to make the top 5. Swans have lost their last 3 matches and cannot afford to drop this one. They really have to make their home games count for the rest of the season because their away record is very poor so to get up to 9 wins we need to make Bassendean a fortress. As for Perth, they would still be thinking about the last game where they were 6 goals up at quarter time however failed to deliver the knockout blow and let Swans back into it. Since then they have had a couple of good wins to get themselves back into contention.
Weather looks fine for Saturday so should be a decent crowd for the NAIDOC game.

mikeh will you be tuning up early to watch women's match in lieu of the reserves? I was told that the margin between the two teams competing in that match was around 150 points in their previous encounter.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150561

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Does anyone rock up to watch the women?

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150604

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Didnt this game get played only 4 weeks ago? Very strange fixturing. Anyway this is a crucial contest for both clubs in their ambitions to make the top 5. Swans have lost their last 3 matches and cannot afford to drop this one. They really have to make their home games count for the rest of the season because their away record is very poor so to get up to 9 wins we need to make Bassendean a fortress. As for Perth, they would still be thinking about the last game where they were 6 goals up at quarter time however failed to deliver the knockout blow and let Swans back into it. Since then they have had a couple of good wins to get themselves back into contention.

mikeh will you be tuning up early to watch women's match in lieu of the reserves? I was told that the margin between the two teams competing in that match was around 150 points in their previous encounter.

I will be arriving around 2pm on Saturday Swan42

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150663

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
I will also be arriving around that time. I would be getting there at 1pm if the reserves were playing.
Is that definitely correct that the women are playing in the reserves time slot.
What a joke.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150664

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Cesspit wrote: I will also be arriving around that time. I would be getting there at 1pm if the reserves were playing.
Is that definitely correct that the women are playing in the reserves time slot.
What a joke.

Feel free to contact Swans about it.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150708

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
I would imagine the players and officials from Perth & Swans would be as dark as Kamal having to arrive at 7.30am which means 5.30-6am alarm :(

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150715

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
And the Colts match on Sunday at a start time of 0930 apparently.

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150720

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Spewing about this myself...free on Saturday and was looking forward to a day at the footy but will be limiting
myself to the league ...1.55pm I’ll start the short walk to the oval...if past games are anything to go between these 2 teams might just be worth waiting for free entry after half time then come down to watch the boys wake up and start playing to overcome a 4-5 goal 3qtr time deficit as has been the norm for the past few seasons

Swans V Perth at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #150721

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1195
This one has the hallmarks of a cracking affair - one of the two sides will be in the top 5 after the Eastern suburb dust settles in what truly is an 8 pointer.
Could be the first draw of the season geez

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 417 guests and 6 members online

• Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • TheFeds
  • Swansfan

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma