Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 9 months ago #150109

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Swans will need to bounce back from last weeks non performance. Its going to be tough though as it looks like there will be a strong Dockers contingent in the Peel team on Saturday A win would keep us in the top 5 with a bit of a break on the rivals,a loss will more than likely see us drop to 6th with a less than 50% record for the first time this season. One thing we cannot afford is more injuries to key players, we just don't have the depth to be able to cover the loss any of our top dozen players for any period of time.Nathan Blakley was certainly missed last week and will not be back any time soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 9 months ago #150111

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
This would need to be a must win game for Swans because their percentage took a bit of a dive last week. Currently they are doing 26 Disposals / Goal for Away games which is pretty good compared to the other clubs. This being a winnable game. They just need to stay on track and focus on the job at hand. Apparently Swans have won 40 out of the 53 matches with these bastards and hopefully they'll be putting the 4 points in the bag again on Saturday. If Swans lose, it will open up a gap on the league ladder given the fact Souths will Win. Claremont will leapfrog Swans on the league ladder depending on margins too if Swans have a loss. This is a huge match for Swans and they need to stay in touch with the teams above them on the league ladder.

Last edit: by westaussieguy. Reason: expansive content

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 9 months ago #150179

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Looking at the teams named tonight has led me to think that the boys have an uphill task to win this game on Saturday. I counted 10 Dockers in the named team but that may rise to 12 once Freo trim their bench for the AFL match on Sunday. Its also the quality of players on the park with Brad Hill, Michael Johnson,Sean Darcy and Danyle Pearce running around. All of these have the potential to have a massive impact on a WAFL game and they are supported by a solid group of Peel players.

On the contrary Swans seem to be losing a key player every week. This game it is Kirk Ugle who is out. The loss of Nathan Blakely has been a huge hit in that it has thrown out our forward structure and forced us to make more use of Noble and Gault in the ruck thus reducing our ability to score goals. Bad luck for young Fullgrabe, hopefully he is not too seriously injured. Yukich will be included to take some of the ruck load this weekend. They will all certainly have their work cut out against Darcy and Co who I recall killed us in the corresponding game last year.

Faulkner has been named on an extended bench and we may be able to use his ball getting ability to advantage.

Swans seem to have lost their confidence somewhat over the last 3 or 4 weeks and this is not an ideal game to follow up being blown out of the water by Subiaco.

I'm not writing off our chances completely but it is more a feeling of hope than expectation really.

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 8 months ago #150190

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
They have named 13 Fremantle players (not 10) in their side Mike and that will rise to 16-17 when the emergencies who dont play against Brisbane all drop back in.....that would be even more Fremantle players than they had in the GF last year and equal to the 2016 GF!

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 8 months ago #150200

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: They have named 13 Fremantle players (not 10) in their side Mike and that will rise to 16-17 when the emergencies who dont play against Brisbane all drop back in.....that would be even more Fremantle players than they had in the GF last year and equal to the 2016 GF!

Must have missed a few BH. That is downright scary then. I must admit that I am not really motivated to travel 80km tomorrow to go and see my team flogged by a team of professional AFL players. If you think I am being a bad loser, I was quite happy to go to Bassendean last week even though I knew that our chances of winning were remote. The difference was no matter what we think of Subiaco's on and off field advantages, they are still a authentic WAFL team and last week was a genuine WAFL game. This one is a sham and I am not going to pay the WAFCAFL my hard earned for this joke of a contest. Good luck to the Swans boys, they will need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 8 months ago #150210

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Don't mean to stray off topic
Not really wishing to over-simplify things. I think a fair question would be, why are people paying full price admission to only watch one Wafl club?
That's probably one of the reasons crowd numbers have plummeted into a nose dive!

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 8 months ago #150211

• Beasley Hutton
I dont blame you for not bothering to go at all Mike.
If Peel are lucky there may be a whole 5 or 6 Peel products actually playing for "their club" at 2.15pm which would be even less than the GF's $ubi supporters constantly cry about!
I dont see any whinging & whining from the likes of BC now when it is not his club affected!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 8 months ago #150213

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Funny a message just came up on my phone from SDFC saying that all admission is free tomorrow for some reason...... theres still the 80km drive though. :huh:

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 8 months ago #150214

• Beasley Hutton

mikeh wrote: Funny a message just came up on my phone from SDFC saying that all admission is free tomorrow for some reason...... theres still the 80km drive though. :huh:

Its a 250 km round trip for me mate!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Swans v Peel at North Bunbury 5 years 8 months ago #150215

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote: Funny a message just came up on my phone from SDFC saying that all admission is free tomorrow for some reason...... theres still the 80km drive though. :huh:

Its a 250 km round trip for me mate!

Gee take a cut lunch and a tent BH........

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 245 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes