Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149909

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can anyone explain why Swans have been scheduled to play Subiaco three times this season Didn't G Taylor say when we had the season reduced to 18 games all clubs would play each other twice and the other two games would be against a traditional rival and the last match would be against a team that finished in the same third in 2017? Since we didn't finish in the same third as Subiaco in 2017 and we are by no means traditional rivals of Subiaco I can't see why we play Subiaco three times in 2018 qualifying games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149911

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
you're just lucky I guess so you have 3 opportunities in a season to see all the cream we've cherry picked from all the other WAFL clubs.

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149912

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: you're just lucky I guess so you have 3 opportunities in a season to see all the cream we've cherry picked from all the other WAFL clubs.

Another puerile response that was totally expected. How long do we have to wait before your conjoined twin, Freezin, to add his inane response?

Perhaps mikeh will be able to provide a reasonable response to my query.

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149915

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: you're just lucky I guess so you have 3 opportunities in a season to see all the cream we've cherry picked from all the other WAFL clubs.

Another puerile response that was totally expected. How long do we have to wait before your conjoined twin, Freezin, to add his inane response?

Yep Taylor is wrong again. We obviously play Perth 3 times as our traditional rivals and by what he said we should have had the extra game against West Perth or East Perth. I really take very little notice of what he says. However it is what it is and looking at it positively we might be able to put in a better performance against them next time if the players can learn some lessons about what happened last weekend.

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149916

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Yep Taylor is wrong again. We obviously play Perth 3 times as our traditional rivals and by what he said we should have had the extra game against West Perth or East Perth. I really take very little notice of what he says. However it is what it is and looking at it positively we might be able to put in a better performance against them next time if the players can learn some lessons about what happened last weekend.

Given that only 2 teams play the UNDEFEATED Subiaco three times it will potentially have a significant impact on whether a cub makes the finals particularly if it comes down to percentages.

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149918

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Given that only 2 teams play the UNDEFEATED Subiaco three times it will potentially have a significant impact on whether a cub makes the finals particularly if it comes down to percentages.

Totally agree and it is likely that percentage will play a major role in determining finals spots considering there is only 1 game difference between 4th and 8th position at the moment. Do you know who the other team is that plays Subiaco 3 times?

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149919

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149920

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Totally agree and it is likely that percentage will play a major role in determining finals spots considering there is only 1 game difference between 4th and 8th position at the moment. Do you know who the other team is that plays Subiaco 3 times?

WP

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149923

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

West Perth I believe.

Why do Swans play Subiaco 3 times in 2018? 5 years 10 months ago #149924

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
why wouldnt they play SF and Peel 3 times based on last years ladder ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 173 guests and one member online

• chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL