Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149663

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I have been trying to convince myself that Swans have a chance of winning this game. Unsuccessfully so far. Whatever way you look at it, Subiaco are vastly superior to all their opponents at WAFL level in virtually every aspect of the game from their fitness, talent, teamwork and desperation to make up for the last two lost grand finals.
All Swans can do is to bring their A game and hope that Subiaco are somehow below par on the day.Forlorn I know but its something to hang on to I guess. The likelihood is that we will also be without Nathan Blakley which will rob us of the big man flexibility that we have had all year.
Whatever happens lets hope that our boys fight the game out till the end rather than the collapse that happened the last time we played them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149666

• R U Serious
  • Thank you received: 34
mikeh, we will be without Blakley for more than this game. Heard that at best it will be a month but more than likely 2. Will look to Fullgrabe or Yukich as his replacement. I would like Clutterbuck to get a game as he has done quite well in the 2's the last few games. Just hope we can be in the game longer than the last time we met.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149670

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
The weather for Saturday is apparently going to be Mostly sunny and an expected maximum of 21ยบ, with light winds.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149698

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

mikeh wrote: I have been trying to convince myself that Swans have a chance of winning this game. Unsuccessfully so far. Whatever way you look at it, Subiaco are vastly superior to all their opponents at WAFL level in virtually every aspect of the game from their fitness, talent, teamwork and desperation to make up for the last two lost grand finals.
All Swans can do is to bring their A game and hope that Subiaco are somehow below par on the day.Forlorn I know but its something to hang on to I guess. The likelihood is that we will also be without Nathan Blakley which will rob us of the big man flexibility that we have had all year.
Whatever happens lets hope that our boys fight the game out till the end rather than the collapse that happened the last time we played them.

DW is finally available to attend again in season 2018 and will be down to support the boys this Sat.. Curious to see how much Subi have improved....a board member of theirs keeps insisting this team is not as strong as previous seasons and the lack of competition is something the neirachy did not expect. I call "bullshit" so am coming to see for myself...hope my hollering is worth a couple to the home team :woohoo:

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149717

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Great to see Freddie back in the team for his first game of the season after putting together a good run of games in the reserves. Troy Yukich has been named as well in place of Blakely so an opportunity for him.
Faulks is also back in the ressies too, so he has a chance to push his claims for a recall.
Looking back at the last 10 games v's Subiaco going back to 2014 doesn't make pleasant viewing for Swans supporters. 2 wins and 8 losses with a percentage of around 60.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149729

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

mikeh wrote: Great to see Freddie back in the team for his first game of the season after putting together a good run of games in the reserves. Troy Yukich has been named as well in place of Blakely so an opportunity for him.
Faulks is also back in the ressies too, so he has a chance to push his claims for a recall.
Looking back at the last 10 games v's Subiaco going back to 2014 doesn't make pleasant viewing for Swans supporters. 2 wins and 8 losses with a percentage of around 60.

Mike go back even further to the last 15-20 years since the $ubiaco Oval deal was handed to them on a gold plated platter it makes for even worse viewing......before that we had our John Todd nose in front of them on the win-loss scale now that is far from the case!

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149731

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Considering Subi were weak as piss before the Subi deal BH, quite surprised SD only had their noses in front of them prior to the Subi of the millennium.....thought SD would of been way ahead of Subi even now....

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149733

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
I did say it was a John Todd nose in front Freeze not your average snoz!!
As for the win/loss record before the joke that is Peel were brought in we were the new boys on the WAFL block so to speak and almost all of the WAFL clubs feasted on us from 1934 up until the early 60s and then did again until the 79-94 period so it was actually surprising we were in the affirmative against any club including Subi but as we know that has all changed now due to the generou$ity of the WAFC!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149734

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
It changed for a number of reasons including Merrifield and Carlile turning the fortunes of the club around in the 1980's through astute stewardship as Presidents, the 1985 sponsorship deal with Western Underwriters which paid down debt and got us in the black and still goes today, our home ground of 100 years becoming the venue for VFL/AFL games in 1987 and all that brought with it, and a major on-field cultural shift more recently thanks to one P German....so to point the figure at the seats deal as the one and only reason for Subi's success over the last 15 years or so is very blinkered and quite frankly a nonsense.

Last edit: by BC.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 5 years 9 months ago #149744

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Sure, it may not be the only reason but it is a large and important one.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 377 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL