Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146838

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Whatever we got for Fletcher was money for jam, always an inconsistent player.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146846

• gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote: My apologies as I thought Mike was back this week.
GTR there was at least as many there today for the League game as last week but as someone pointed out there was barely an EF supporter at all at Basso today although one did have to chuckle at one of the few who did bother showing up who was berating Palmer about not going back to EF and completely oblivious to the fact EF themselves had already chased hard and signed on Swans boys Boakhorst & Fletcher! :blink: :S :blush:

With our 2 Afl teams not playing today BH.Swans would normally pull a couple of thousand to this type of match.Black Swan Bar empty.It was noted by the 720 ABC commentator's. Who like the Swans ground atmosphere. The colts not being a part of the day didn't help.As noted by 42.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146862

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Winners are grinners...good win by you boys.....well deserved from the sounds of things....BH any chance when you file a missing persons concern for all those non show EF fans at Steel Blue today.... can you add 22 EF players and their coach to the list... genuinely fearing for all their physical and mental well being now....LOL

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146865

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Freezin wrote: Winners are grinners...good win by you boys.....well deserved from the sounds of things....BH any chance when you file a missing persons concern for all those non show EF fans at Steel Blue today.... can you add 22 EF players and their coach to the list... genuinely fearing for all their physical and mental well being now....LOL

Your blokes were genuinely standing around like witches hats Freeze...hope it was just one of those inexplicable days that all clubs occasionally have as genuine lack of application. I’ve seen 2 games now this year and both were non contests ...scary times for the WAFL if this is the new norm.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146869

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Freezin wrote: Winners are grinners...good win by you boys.....well deserved from the sounds of things....BH any chance when you file a missing persons concern for all those non show EF fans at Steel Blue today.... can you add 22 EF players and their coach to the list... genuinely fearing for all their physical and mental well being now....LOL

Your blokes were genuinely standing around like witches hats Freeze...hope it was just one of those inexplicable days that all clubs occasionally have as genuine lack of application. I’ve seen 2 games now this year and both were non contests ...scary times for the WAFL if this is the new norm.

DW it is all about context. Sure we have had seasons where a club has dominated but the support for the WAFL is so tenuous at the moment due to decisions made by the WAFC that have caused WAFL supporters to wonder whether there is any point and this is exacerbated by the ALMOST complete domination of Subiaco for the past decade +.

The atmosphere at Basso yesterday was pretty bad. Sure it helped Swans with a percentage boosting win yesterday but you have to question how it helps the overall WAFL support to have so many teams being thrashed so early in the season.

As I have said on many occasions can anyone name one decision that the WAFC has made in the past 10 years that has ACTUALLY HELPED the WAFL.

Also, from what I have been told Swan Districts does not support the idea of colts' games being played at the one venue like occurred yesterday. So one could question the veracity of the comment that this concept is supported by the WAFL clubs.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146872

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
I was saying to Swandog last week that the atmosphere wasn't the same and there was a shift in crowd numbers that is very evident now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone, Mighty Bulldogs

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146875

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Leedy wrote: I was saying to Swandog last week that the atmosphere wasn't the same and there was a shift in crowd numbers that is very evident now.

The current drop off in attendances coincided with the host club alignment and the complete domination of Subiaco.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146881

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Hi all
Just returned in the early hours of the morning from a holiday in Vietnam which was very enjoyable and which I can recommend to anybody who likes holidaying in Asia.
I have been following the scores from afar and it was good to see the boys come up with a much needed victory yesterday. It clawed back the percentage we lost in the Subiaco shellacking, so that might be crucial at the end of the year. Of the 4 games I missed I thought that we might go 2-2,which we did but I thought we would lose to Peel and beat WP which turned out the opposite. Anyway 3-2 is a decent position to be in at this stage with big tests to come.
I am concerned to read the comments about a further drop off in crowds and the lack of atmosphere at games as well as the one sided contests which seem to be prevalent. Our competition may now be on life support and nobody in power appears to care. Very sad.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146883

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Hi all
Just returned in the early hours of the morning from a holiday in Vietnam which was very enjoyable and which I can recommend to anybody who likes holidaying in Asia.
I have been following the scores from afar and it was good to see the boys come up with a much needed victory yesterday. It clawed back the percentage we lost in the Subiaco shellacking, so that might be crucial at the end of the year. Of the 4 games I missed I thought that we might go 2-2,which we did but I thought we would lose to Peel and beat WP which turned out the opposite. Anyway 3-2 is a decent position to be in at this stage with big tests to come.
I am concerned to read the comments about a further drop off in crowds and the lack of atmosphere at games as well as the one sided contests which seem to be prevalent. Our competition may now be on life support and nobody in power appears to care. Very sad.

Welcome back mikeh It will only get worse given the current direction of the WAFC. I mean of all the challenges to the WAFL the VERY LOWEST PRIORTY for the WAFC SHOULD HAVE been resolving the brouhaha of the Eagles getting their knickers in a knot about the GlendinnignMedal. It just shows just exactly what a DISGRACE the WAFC is.

Swans vs Sharks. 5 years 11 months ago #146890

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Two weeks on the trot now DW....think the SD loss bites more because in all honesty SF are top 2 or 3.... whilst SD like the rest of Cl WP Perth and EF would be there and there abouts for that 5th spot.... sadly yesterday EF were no where near that....one off maybe....but the comp needs the likes of EF Cl Perth WP and SD playing competitive footy and adding something different to the existing alignment, Subi and lesser extent SF dominance or advantages.....can't afford to have blow outs amongst these games.....already get enough of them playing the big boys....

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 403 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977