Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SD vs WP at Bassendean Oval Anzac Clash 5 years 11 months ago #146441

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote: Disgusting today, skills amateur like, effort lacklustre and the first two week obviously flattered us. Ellards pathetic around the corner shot that missed when he could have steadied for a set shot early 3rd term was the start of the rot

I will be interested in BH's analysis of that kick. How far out was he? About 15 metres.

I think SD & DW's posts eloquently summarise my opinion 42 of not only Ellard's lazy kick but the SDFC performance or more to the point lack of it altogether!

I thought you were a fan of around the corner kicks.

And I thought you posted a few weeks back that Swans fans would be pleasantly surprised by what they see this season 42?!

BH the proof of the around the corner was there for all to see on Saturday; mine is still unresolved.

Rubbish the screw kick (or around the corner as you prefer to term it) is an effective kick when on a sharp angle with little daylight between the posts when close to goal and also requires some level of skill and concentration of which none of was evident unfortunately with many of the shots we had on Saturday.

What were the circumstances surrounding David Ellard's kick on Saturday?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SD vs WP at Bassendean Oval Anzac Clash 5 years 11 months ago #146442

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2872

ArkRoyal wrote: BH: quite correct -- in order to perfect the screw kick you also have to run up properly and point one's body towards centre half forward, skills which are not taught these days.

Spot on AR.
It opens up the angle when you are on a acute one thus increasing the percentage to kick a goal but it must be executed with skill and concentration not a rushed willy nilly half arsed job!

SD vs WP at Bassendean Oval Anzac Clash 5 years 11 months ago #146449

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: BH: quite correct -- in order to perfect the screw kick you also have to run up properly and point one's body towards centre half forward, skills which are not taught these days.

Spot on AR.
It opens up the angle when you are on a acute one thus increasing the percentage to kick a goal but it must be executed with skill and concentration not a rushed willy nilly half arsed job!

I have a lot of time for David Ellard BUT he was about 15 metres out and almost directly in front. It was a set shot.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 307 guests and 3 members online

• pjaye
  • Demons Forever
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr