Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145776

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Freezin wrote: SF had plenty of opportunities to play those first 2 boys and didn't, only got themselves to blame come end of the day..though losing Newton to Subi like WP did with Lockyer is a bummer tho....I am still scratching my head how Nick Menagola is getting a game for Subi.... couldn't get one with EF reserves....looks like SD put up a great effort for the 1st quarter and fell away.....won't be the first or last team to do that v Subi this year

at least your post is reasoned and not vitriolic freez...cheers. Menegola has been a bit of a surprise but think he'll get squeezed out when Scott Hancock, Clancy Wheeler, Justin Joyce, Adam Cockie and maybe Corey Adamson get back on the park. He was very good today and Schofield has blooded 5 or 6 youngsters in the first 3 games which is encouraging. In Menegola's case he's bulked up a bit and with another preseason under his belt has grown as a player...throw in Subi's high performance expectations he could get better and is a rough chance at becoming a draft prospect given he's only 19.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145782

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

gtrxuone wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.Colts can no longer be elevated to the League or Ressies??? With the Afl colts.So Swans might struggle in the midfield against the stronger teams.With a few ressie players available.
2018.....A result like 2017 would be a big pass.Win more games than we lose ,host a home final and win it.With a reasonable crowd in attendance..
Today's crowd with both our Afl sides playing.One in the early afternoon and one in the early evening.That's as good as we can hope for about 1300 to 1500 hundred.35 years ago 10 to 12 thousand would of attended this match..

my understanding is that they can be played in the higher levels and this was seen as a way, certainly at EP of wresting some control over the colts back to the WAFL clubs.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Grump.

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145784

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
I’ve mentioned it before and will say it again now, send the whole damn squad at our club to go down and watch how Subi go about their training. Watch and learn and understand what we are really up against. If you want to play at that standard see how the standard gets set in the first place. There is no room for fragility at Subi. That’s why they keep kicking everyone’s arse until they come up against the Dockers on GF day. It’s not a massive leap we need to take but a learned one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145785

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Grump wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.Colts can no longer be elevated to the League or Ressies??? With the Afl colts.So Swans might struggle in the midfield against the stronger teams.With a few ressie players available.
2018.....A result like 2017 would be a big pass.Win more games than we lose ,host a home final and win it.With a reasonable crowd in attendance..
Today's crowd with both our Afl sides playing.One in the early afternoon and one in the early evening.That's as good as we can hope for about 1300 to 1500 hundred.35 years ago 10 to 12 thousand would of attended this match..

my understanding is that they can be played in the higher levels and this was seen as a way, certainly at EP of wresting some control over the colts back to the WAFL clubs.

That's great news Grump. We need everything at our disposal to challenge Subi.

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145786

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dirty Weekender wrote: I’ve mentioned it before and will say it again now, send the whole damn squad at our club to go down and watch how Subi go about their training. Watch and learn and understand what we are really up against. If you want to play at that standard see how the standard gets set in the first place. There is no room for fragility at Subi. That’s why they keep kicking everyone’s arse until they come up against the Dockers on GF day. It’s not a massive leap we need to take but a learned one.

Bit easier for them given they all work for randalls son down at scarboro. Time off for uni and training is very easy!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145787

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Dirty Weekender wrote: I’ve mentioned it before and will say it again now, send the whole damn squad at our club to go down and watch how Subi go about their training. Watch and learn and understand what we are really up against. If you want to play at that standard see how the standard gets set in the first place. There is no room for fragility at Subi. That’s why they keep kicking everyone’s arse until they come up against the Dockers on GF day. It’s not a massive leap we need to take but a learned one.

You can even notice that in the way they warm up before the game. Just the way there boys kick the footy.There not AFL but there well above WAFL level.

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145788

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Back to Swans, payne seems to be doing ok, picking up kicks etc. Even tho' he won a B&F one of the criticisms was that he got the ball but a lot of the kicks were up and unders and the effectiveness was a bit lacking, sorta like black and nelson lots of possies but ..... . Has this changed or is he more effective up at Basso'

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145791

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Grump wrote: Back to Swans, payne seems to be doing ok, picking up kicks etc. Even tho' he won a B&F one of the criticisms was that he got the ball but a lot of the kicks were up and unders and the effectiveness was a bit lacking, sorta like black and nelson lots of possies but ..... . Has this changed or is he more effective up at Basso'

Grump,

He was exactly that yesterday, hasn't changed much from EP, he's no where near the player of Black and Nelson BTW :)

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 5 days ago #145792

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DW no-one is saying that Swans are close to Subiaco in any metric but the fact is that so far this year Subiaco hve beaten one of the host club teams by 118 points, Souths (who mooted as one of the teams to play in the finals) by around 10 goals and us by 16 goals. Which teams are going to get close to Subiaco this season. And let's not forget to paraphrase BC's comments Subiaco are nowhere near full strength at the moment.

The WAFL is in a very tenuous position at the moment. There is a perception that the dominance of Subiaco for a LONG time now will continue; that the team that pretends to be Peel will continue to dominate. If you took a poll of WAFL supporters which teams would play in the 2018 WAFL GF it would be Subiaco and Peel selected by upwards of 90%.

At the start of each season most clubs' supporters want to believe that their team has a chance of playing in the finals and the GF. How many clubs' supporters at the start of 2018 could think that their club would play off in the finals and the GF.

With respect to Swans what will be noteworthy is how we respond to yesterday's debacle. Personally, I think there will be a very positive response and I would urge all Swans's and West Perth's supporters come down to the Basso on Saturday.

Swans are planning for our annual Anzac Day commemoration, so please check Swans's website.

Swans vs Subi at Leederville Round 3 6 years 4 days ago #145937

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Swans offence rate is very low for this match (as indicated by the score) being just over 15%.
Whereas the previous week was high at just a tick over 32%
I'm sure they'll get over this hiccup, and move on. Swans at Home host West Perth in week 4. These two clubs have had some really fantastic matches in recent seasons.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 301 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977