Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145245

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Teams

FB 1 Brayden Hackett 25 Alex Howard 16 Laurence Grescos

HB 6 Kirk Ugle 28 Tony Notte 11 Tobe Watson

C 47 Warrick Wilson 7 Adam Faulkner 44 Steven Payne

HF 29 Jesse Turner 8 Matthew Rogers 9 Todd Banfield

FF 23 Nathan Blakely 15 Brayden Noble 32 Ethan Maguire

Followers
12 Corey Gault
4 Rhys Palmer
18 Matt Riggio

Interchange
2 Jarrad Blight
59 William Reidy
22 Jackson Slater
38 Benjamin Holman
3 Jacob Coniglio
19 Bradley Fullgrabe
14 Mitchell Mackenzie

I will be away on a holiday in Vietnam for a few weeks, hopefully can access the site from there. If not, see you at the end of April.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145246

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Safe travels Mike.
If any Swans posters on OzFooty want to put the selected team/upcoming game thread up early for the rounds Mike is away feel free to post if not am happy to help out.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145281

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Stirring win Swan Districts - Bravo for those 4 points bloody outstanding :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145295

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Good win, and pleasing to the see the players learn from last week (to a degree). The most pleasing aspect of the game in my opinion – and a positive unaffected even if we had lost – is the ‘rebirth’ of a few players who are performing well in different roles from previous seasons. I think we are now seeing the ‘real’ Blight, Ugle and Gault, with the latter’s first half today causing angst in Fremantle’s backline. This footballer has always had the ability to dominate a game and draw the opposition’s best defender or a duo of defenders like today. Gault and others were assisted by a complete restructure of Swans’ cluttered forward line from last week with half-forwards playing wide and drawing their defenders to form a nice paddock into which Gault – and in the second half Reidy – took full advantage of. Well done to the debutant Reidy on his four goals (4.1 from five kicks).

We now need to eliminate the silly mistakes resulting in turn-over goals.

Any news on Blight’s injury?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145298

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
It didnt look good for Blighty getting injured in the dying minutes SH fingers crossed it isnt too bad as he is playing his best footy for years atm.
Palmer was a late withdrawal as well hopefully that isnt serious either?

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145307

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
You blokes off the anti depression meds yet? It was like a wake on here after Pickering was announced as coach.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145313

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

DD wrote: You blokes off the anti depression meds yet? It was like a wake on here after Pickering was announced as coach.

I wasn't depressed with his appointment and so far from what I have seen he is a breath of fresh air, he has the players onside, they have part ownership of the game style and are playing for each other. A few youngsters with a handful of games under their belts starting to have the confidence to really show their wares, Toby Watson, Hackett, Slater and Maguire come to mind, with players like Warrick Wilson although not getting huge numbers still having a positive effect in what they did.
In fact no player got massive numbers with Blighty 24 disposals our highest and I like that, means the load is being spread amongst the team. We matched an AFL trained outfit in the tackle count which is another positive but if we can learn to stick a few more that would be handy too.
Overall an entertaining game with 28 goals kicked and like BH wrote last week and said to me today that's what the fans want to see, not the boring defensive crap from Freo coached teams, they got nearly half their goals as well from free kicks and another chunk of opportunist goals as a result from our mistakes turning the ball over as Success Hill alluded to.. It was a game we always deserved to win the way we played, and handy given we have $ubi this week. Early wins give us hope!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Success Hill

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145316

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Great win for SD.... Good to see the semi professionals come over the top of the professionals in the last stanza and win 42....

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145323

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Well done Swannies.

Swans V Peel at Bassendean 6 years 2 weeks ago #145325

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

DD wrote: You blokes off the anti depression meds yet? It was like a wake on here after Pickering was announced as coach.

I wasn't depressed with his appointment and so far from what I have seen he is a breath of fresh air, he has the players onside, they have part ownership of the game style and are playing for each other. A few youngsters with a handful of games under their belts starting to have the confidence to really show their wares, Toby Watson, Hackett, Slater and Maguire come to mind, with players like Warrick Wilson although not getting huge numbers still having a positive effect in what they did.
In fact no player got massive numbers with Blighty 24 disposals our highest and I like that, means the load is being spread amongst the team. We matched an AFL trained outfit in the tackle count which is another positive but if we can learn to stick a few more that would be handy too.
Overall an entertaining game with 28 goals kicked and like BH wrote last week and said to me today that's what the fans want to see, not the boring defensive crap from Freo coached teams, they got nearly half their goals as well from free kicks and another chunk of opportunist goals as a result from our mistakes turning the ball over as Success Hill alluded to.. It was a game we always deserved to win the way we played, and handy given we have $ubi this week. Early wins give us hope!

A couple of observations is it has been a huge bonus for Swans that Nathan Blakely is back. A very novel approach to have two legitimate ruckmen Plus it provides the flexibility of playing Gault forward or back.

Good to see the move of Rogers into the centre: a move that should have happened 2-3 years ago. His physical presence in the centre was extremely pivotal in our winning yesterday.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 887 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977