Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144776

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2021
Geez that was a long off season! Thank goodness the footy is back. I did a calculation the other night and I reckon its about 200 days since Swans played their last competitive game.
Great to see the first team line ups on the WAFL site. Perth and Swans will both be desperate to grab the 4 points this week and get their season off to a good start. Swans appear to have a solid team, Palmer has been named but would have to be in severe doubt given the reports that he had rolled his ankle last week. Our other recruit Payne is also in the team and our defence looks solid. The inclusion of Nathan Blakely will give us the option of swinging a Notte or a Gault up forward to bolster a forward line which is lacking a little in goal scoring options.
Overall though I am confident that Swans can give a good account of themselves at Lathlain this Saturday. Bring your sunscreen though, its going to be 29 B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144780

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
This being the advertised Swan Districts line up.

FF 9 Todd Banfield 15 Brayden Noble 23 Nathan Blakely
HF 32 Ethan Maguire 8 Matthew Rogers 31 Levi Ridley
C 44 Steven Payne 4 Rhys Palmer 22 Jackson Slater
HB 1 Brayden Hackett 25 Alex Howard 6 Kirk Ugle
FB 28 Tony Notte 11 Tobe Watson 2 Jarrad Blight

Followers
12 Corey Gault
29 Jesse Turner
18 Matt Riggio

Interchange
7 Adam Faulkner
16 Laurence Grescos
47 Warrick Wilson
38 Benjamin Holman
10 Steven Wityk
19 Bradley Fullgrabe
3 Jacob Coniglio

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144788

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
New coach and Faulks still gets named to start on the bench.

Won’t be at the game tomorrow, work commitments. Look forward to any match reports that can be offered on here. Be interesting in particular to hear how/if the younger brigade named that came through last year have improved.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144792

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: New coach and Faulks still gets named to start on the bench.

Won’t be at the game tomorrow, work commitments. Look forward to any match reports that can be offered on here. Be interesting in particular to hear how/if the younger brigade named that came through last year have improved.

DW just to clarify are you saying Faulkner should be:

(i) in the starting 18; or
(ii) in the ressies?

Last edit: by swan42.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144805

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: New coach and Faulks still gets named to start on the bench.

(ii) in the ressies?

Haha that’s a question for the coaches mate...I just find it interesting that under Harding Faulks nearly always started the game on the sidelines and now appears to be the same under Pickering. He has consistently been one of our highest possession winners over the past few seasons so can only wonder if there is some logic or superstition behind it. He’s always a pretty angry man so maybe it’s designed to piss him off and get the blood boiling early. I’m yet to see any footy in 2018 so would be inappropriate of me to pass judgement without seeing if disposal efficiency has evolved...one would hope so but not holding my breath

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144874

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1330
Pretty even match apart from the last 15 minutes of the 3rd qtr.A really solid 2nd to stop Perth with the tricky breeze.Got the job done in front of a reasonable crowd.Perth look pretty good when they move the ball quickly but horrible when they over handpass.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144875

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Tell me about it gtr. Really grinds my gears. We need to employ the KISS strategy at Lathlain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144876

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1330

Mr AFL wrote: Tell me about it gtr. Really grinds my gears. We need to employ the KISS strategy at Lathlain.

Don't know his name NO9 looks a great kick strong mark.Need to get the ball quickly to him.Can't believe he goaled last qtr and went off for a drink.Scored 2 goals first 2 minutes of last qtr.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144879

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

gtrxuone wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Tell me about it gtr. Really grinds my gears. We need to employ the KISS strategy at Lathlain.

Don't know his name NO9 looks a great kick strong mark.Need to get the ball quickly to him.Can't believe he goaled last qtr and went off for a drink.Scored 2 goals first 2 minutes of last qtr.

If it is number 9 you must be talking about White. Fair dinkum he is an enigma. Kicks 4 or 5 but geez he looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Is the bloke any danger of trying to take a mark with his arms outstretched? More often than not try’s to take the chest mark. Yes he kicks goals but is a very polarising player amongst us Demons fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain Round 1 6 years 1 month ago #144909

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2876

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

(ii) in the ressies?

Haha that’s a question for the coaches mate...I just find it interesting that under Harding Faulks nearly always started the game on the sidelines and now appears to be the same under Pickering. He has consistently been one of our highest possession winners over the past few seasons so can only wonder if there is some logic or superstition behind it. He’s always a pretty angry man so maybe it’s designed to piss him off and get the blood boiling early. I’m yet to see any footy in 2018 so would be inappropriate of me to pass judgement without seeing if disposal efficiency has evolved...one would hope so but not holding my breath

Just one of those modern day phenomenons mate with constant rotations the interchange gates are like a turnstyle but he is usually on about 2 minutes into the game.
Interesting to see it looks like he has a new role this year under Pickering spending a lot of time forward as well as in the midfield.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
  • Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 671 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Masondusa
  • Robertgew
  • Keithwadia
  • Lost WAFL