Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 7 months ago #135507

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2874
Fantastic to see the Swans boys doing so well in the AFL Finals to date.

Charlie Cameron 5 goals last night in a sensational performance.
Stevie Coniglio been GWS best player in both Giants finals and Rory Lobb completely dominated the ruck his preferred position last week vs the WCE.
All Australian Captain Alex Rance doing as he does every week and Nathan Broad has been very good since coming into the Richmond side half way through the year after a severe shoulder injury.
I also thought Lewis Jetta was also influential coming off the back of the square in Extra Time vs Port a couple of weeks back, not sure why that supercoach Simpson didnt try something similar again last week.

All the best to Stevie, Rory, Alex & Nathan in tonights Preliminary Final to see who gets the chance to come up against Charlie and his rampaging Crows in next weeks GF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Dirty Weekender, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 7 months ago #135529

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Beasley Hutton wrote: Fantastic to see the Swans boys doing so well in the AFL Finals to date.

Charlie Cameron 5 goals last night in a sensational performance.
Stevie Coniglio been GWS best player in both Giants finals and Rory Lobb completed dominated the ruck his preferred position last week vs the WCE.
All Australian Captain Alex Rance doing as he does every week and Nathan Broad has been very good since coming into the Richmond side half way through the year after a severe shoulder injury.
I also thought Lewis Jetta was also influential coming off the back of the square in Extra Time vs Port a couple of weeks back, not sure why that supercoach Simpson didnt try something similar again last week.

All the best to Stevie, Rory, Alex & Nathan in tonights Preliminary Final to see who gets the chance to come up against Charlie and his rampaging Crows in next weeks GF.

BH I said to an eagles supporter before the GWS elimination final that Rory Lobb would dominate in the ruck role and justified it by explaining that game he played against Claremont when he first came in to WAFL league footy. In the same circumstances Rory was up against it against the 2 monsters in the ruck from CL and only a couple of games from memory in to his league footy...may have even been his first. That day whilst he didn't dominate he nullified the impact of the CL rucks in his break out game at WAFL level. Reckon he got drafted on the back of this game.. Completely up against it and expected to cop a mauling he came through with shining colours just as he did v the Eagles. Gotta love the way he comes to the party when the pressure is hot.

Charlie Cameron last night was a joy to watch. Love how he has cult status at the crows just like he did at SD. Stoked for him. What a journey he has paved for himself. His younger brother has all the tools to do the same if he can improve his tackling. If I was an AFL club I'd be getting him on your rookie list. I have already suggested to my friends at Essendon that they'd be foolish to not have a close hard look at this young man. His upside could be enormous if they get the work in to him. Still has a way to go but is well worth the gamble. Part of me would like to see him join Charlie at Adelaide to replace Eddie Betts as his career reaches its twilight...The 2 Camerons in the same side could be the next Krakoeur-like combination to grace our game. Surely is on the radar for a few.

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 7 months ago #135533

• Beasley Hutton
DW thankfully Jarrod is only 17 thus meaning he is out of draft reckoning for at least a year and we get to see him on a more regular basis at Basso next season before the vultures be it the AFL or Subiaco variety come a pecking! :sick:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 7 months ago #135550

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Beasley Hutton wrote: DW thankfully Jarrod is only 17 thus meaning he is out of draft reckoning for at least a year and we get to see him on a more regular basis at Basso next season before the vultures be it the AFL or Subiaco variety come a pecking! :sick:

You think he will play senior footy at SD in 2018 BH?

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 7 months ago #135563

• Beasley Hutton

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: DW thankfully Jarrod is only 17 thus meaning he is out of draft reckoning for at least a year and we get to see him on a more regular basis at Basso next season before the vultures be it the AFL or Subiaco variety come a pecking! :sick:

You think he will play senior footy at SD in 2018 BH?

Hard to say this far out mate I guess it all depends on who is appointed the new coach but if he continues to improve and works hard over the Summer and his form is good next season I dont see why not as we do have a long history of promoting our promising teenagers up to League footy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 6 months ago #135817

• Beasley Hutton
Best of luck to Swans boys Charlie Cameron, Alex Rance and Nathan Broad in this upcoming weeks AFL GF.

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 6 months ago #135829

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
BH how good was Cameron last Friday night, a real excitement machine and how lucky he is to have a mentor like Eddie Betts looking after him, he's learning from the master. I'll be supporting the Crows, they deserve this one. cant stand the Melbourne centric media pumping up Richmond, saying it's the best thing for the comp if they win ... utter bullshit!! They are all working hard lobbying the AFL to get Cotchin off, I reckon he is already guaranteed of getting off, oh well good luck to him and I expect the Crows would like to play and beat a full strength Richmond.

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 6 months ago #135833

• Beasley Hutton

Senior Seagull wrote: BH how good was Cameron last Friday night, a real excitement machine and how lucky he is to have a mentor like Eddie Betts looking after him, he's learning from the master. I'll be supporting the Crows, they deserve this one. cant stand the Melbourne centric media pumping up Richmond, saying it's the best thing for the comp if they win ... utter bullshit!! They are all working hard lobbying the AFL to get Cotchin off, I reckon he is already guaranteed of getting off, oh well good luck to him and I expect the Crows would like to play and beat a full strength Richmond.

He was scintillating wasnt he SS and he was a real cult figure for us as only an 18yo in 2013 after only 1 or 2 Colts games the previous year coming down from Newman after barely playing the game previously and his forward pressure was something that really stood out to me along with his electrifying pace.
Eddie Betts is a ripper and being a Kalgoorlie boy you blokes should well claim him.

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 6 months ago #135865

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Didn't know Eddie was originally from Kal. if those two fire next Saturday it's bye bye Tigers.

Swans Boys in the AFL Finals 6 years 6 months ago #135867

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: BH how good was Cameron last Friday night, a real excitement machine and how lucky he is to have a mentor like Eddie Betts looking after him, he's learning from the master. I'll be supporting the Crows, they deserve this one. cant stand the Melbourne centric media pumping up Richmond, saying it's the best thing for the comp if they win ... utter bullshit!! They are all working hard lobbying the AFL to get Cotchin off, I reckon he is already guaranteed of getting off, oh well good luck to him and I expect the Crows would like to play and beat a full strength Richmond.

He was scintillating wasnt he SS and he was a real cult figure for us as only an 18yo in 2013 after only 1 or 2 Colts games the previous year coming down from Newman after barely playing the game previously and his forward pressure was something that really stood out to me along with his electrifying pace.
Eddie Betts is a ripper and being a Kalgoorlie boy you blokes should well claim him.

It would be worth Liam Ryan sitting down and watching how Eddie and Cameron go about their work. Liam has unquestionable natural talent, he just needs to see how consistently hard those 2 blokes work during a game. If he gets a chance at AFL, his first pre-season will make him or break him. Hope he's picked up by a Melbourne or saints, a good club on the rise and not our two local AFL pretenders, but some solid rumors that WCE will take him as they need a number of outside pacy players which they sadly lack at the moment.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1421 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020