Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

view of Swans' 2017 season 6 years 7 months ago #134749

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Surprised that BH hasn't provided his review of our season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

view of Swans' 2017 season 6 years 7 months ago #134779

• Beasley Hutton
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2874

swan42 wrote: Surprised that BH hasn't provided his review of our season.

I have already made comment of our season on another thread....if you so dearly are after my take maybe have a read of that and or copy and paste it onto yours 42! :dry:

view of Swans' 2017 season 6 years 7 months ago #134782

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote: Surprised that BH hasn't provided his review of our season.

I have already made comment of our season on another thread....if you so dearly are after my take maybe have a read of that and or copy and paste it onto yours 42! :dry:

Specifically I was looking for positives from the 2017 season BH. Part of the motivation for having a topic specifically for the positives from the 2017 season was to provide some motivation for Swans' supporters to consider joining as a member of Swans for 2018 and increasing our membership base.

view of Swans' 2017 season 6 years 7 months ago #134788

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Cory Gault was a massive positive.

I will name players he who I believe genuinely improved as footballers in 2017

Warrick Wilson, Gault from front of season to back half, Banfield seem to put his horrific injury behind him this year, Ugle, Steven Wityk primed for a big 2018, Toby Watson, Grescos, Jesse Turner had a massive season for a young fella finding his way, Jacob Ness, Jesse Manton, Ethan Maguire, expecting big things from Cipro over coming seasons, Hackett and Chad Daniels also have bright futures after overcoming early season niggles. Compared to 2016 this is great numbers of players who have improved their footy.

Of course Notte Howard Riggs were as impressive as always and blokes like Ellard Crowley Bennell returning from AFL and Noble as a first year player are impossible to judge with this criteria and can only say they all added significantly to the team. Cary was way better in 17 than 16 but has the ability to be so much better if he can bring consistency. Is either on or off unfortunately. At least there was a lot more on in 17 but still until he brings his best and worst days closer together I find it hard to say he has improved as such. Not rating the colts either here but was fascinating to watch Sammy Taylor go to work with the big boys late in the season. Taryce Stewart is the other I struggled to gauge. Was scintillating early in the season. Not sure if the season got long, had body issues or if he just got closer checks but he has the ability to go next level if he can put it altogether. Indeed may still go if a club takes a chance with him. One thing I will say is the club needs to do everything to get him to stay if he doesn't get drafted. I hear rumours from a few angles of a circling Pride if Liam Ryan gets drafted and Taryce misses out.

So in the wash up 42 in my humble opinion there were a shitload of positives to come out of the year even aside from the experienced players coming back. The challenge now is for the club to take this forward and getting blokes like Aiden Clarke back at the club need to be prioritised. I give the club a solid B for effort on the field. We still got a ways to go and at the heart of this is who gets the coaching gig.

Finally and I'm dead serious about this, what was extremely encouraging was to see Percy return from the outer 2/3 thru the season and rejoin the club on match days from in and around the members area. Great to have PJ around the club and even better in amongst it.

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

view of Swans' 2017 season 6 years 7 months ago #134789

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Cory Gault was a massive positive.

I will name players he who I believe genuinely improved as footballers in 2017

Warrick Wilson, Gault from front of season to back half, Banfield seem to put his horrific injury behind him this year, Ugle, Steven Wityk primed for a big 2018, Toby Watson, Grescos, Jesse Turner had a massive season for a young fella finding his way, Jacob Ness, Jesse Manton, Ethan Maguire, expecting big things from Cipro over coming seasons, Hackett and Chad Daniels also have bright futures after overcoming early season niggles. Compared to 2016 this is great numbers of players who have improved their footy.

Of course Notte Howard Riggs were as impressive as always and blokes like Ellard Crowley Bennell returning from AFL and Noble as a first year player are impossible to judge with this criteria and can only say they all added significantly to the team. Cary was way better in 17 than 16 but has the ability to be so much better if he can bring consistency. Is either on or off unfortunately. At least there was a lot more on in 17 but still until he brings his best and worst days closer together I find it hard to say he has improved as such. Not rating the colts either here but was fascinating to watch Sammy Taylor go to work with the big boys late in the season. Taryce Stewart is the other I struggled to gauge. Was scintillating early in the season. Not sure if the season got long, had body issues or if he just got closer checks but he has the ability to go next level if he can put it altogether. Indeed may still go if a club takes a chance with him. One thing I will say is the club needs to do everything to get him to stay if he doesn't get drafted. I hear rumours from a few angles of a circling Pride if Liam Ryan gets drafted and Taryce misses out.

So in the wash up 42 in my humble opinion there were a shitload of positives to come out of the year even aside from the experienced players coming back. The challenge now is for the club to take this forward and getting blokes like Aiden Clarke back at the club need to be prioritised. I give the club a solid B for effort on the field. We still got a ways to go and at the heart of this is who gets the coaching gig.

Finally and I'm dead serious about this, what was extremely encouraging was to see Percy return from the outer 2/3 thru the season and rejoin the club on match days from in and around the members area. Great to have PJ around the club and even better in amongst it.

Thanks DW for your great wrap. I have a great deal of time for PJ; one only has to look at the development of Gault is just one example of how his input. Without exception PJ has done the most for grassroot footy.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 232 guests and 3 members online

• Beasley Hutton
  • Demons Forever
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph