Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131416

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

Singha wrote:

BC wrote: you bogans really amuse me especially you 42 carrying on every week about the umpies....Subi got 12 free kicks today compared to WP 22 and still won the game comfortably...blaming the umpires is a cop out.

Yes another umpiring debacle at Leederville. Honestly it's killing me. I lost count but I think the garlic munchers had five 50 metre penalties paid to them as well, to subi's nil

It was 5-0 in our game too Singha and all resulted in Claremont goals 4 paid by the one bloke who has been named earlier.
Hopefully this investigation report into the umpiring department is made public as I dont think there would be any WAFL supporter who hasnt walked out of a ground completely disgusted by the standard of officiating in the last few years!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131425

• Beasley Hutton

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: 426 possessions to 272 in a game of footy, that's 150 the difference. That comes down to desire not talent. The 3rd quarter was an absolute disgrace, they might as well have not been out there. Nobody went anywhere near Bolton all day, Busher dominated the back half. Too many players in the Swans team who didn't want to compete. Claremont were under no pressure all day. I don't know where we go from here, certainly not past week one of the finals. The Tigers would be busting their gut to give West Perth a pasting next week. Then if as expected Subiaco beat East Perth, Claremont will be back at Bassendean in 2 weeks full of confidence and ready to have a crack at the teams above them.
What can Harding do now? Well he will have Riggio back next week but may lose Ellard who has been reported. Ames looks like he may be gone too. He did his best at 3 quarter time with an expletive laden rant but the damage had already been done.

I thought Cary's contribution was worthy of note; just a pity that apparently it was an impossibility for him to get a free kick from the many times when he was held without the ball today. We had 7 changes from last week and I expect there will be some more next week.

Let me give you another stat from WAFL.COM.AU Swans frees for 12 and 13 against. Remarkably, Claremont 19 frees for and 11 against. How that is possible is anyone's guess given Swans were playing Claremont.

I can't wait for BH to give his top 8 best players for Swans.

I will leave that up to you 42 as I refuse to hand out unworthy votes to those who do not have a red hot crack for 100 minutes...that is why Banfield would always be in my votes every week pity many many others dont take a leaf out of his book as how to play the game of football if you want real success!

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131430

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: 426 possessions to 272 in a game of footy, that's 150 the difference. That comes down to desire not talent. The 3rd quarter was an absolute disgrace, they might as well have not been out there. Nobody went anywhere near Bolton all day, Busher dominated the back half. Too many players in the Swans team who didn't want to compete. Claremont were under no pressure all day. I don't know where we go from here, certainly not past week one of the finals. The Tigers would be busting their gut to give West Perth a pasting next week. Then if as expected Subiaco beat East Perth, Claremont will be back at Bassendean in 2 weeks full of confidence and ready to have a crack at the teams above them.
What can Harding do now? Well he will have Riggio back next week but may lose Ellard who has been reported. Ames looks like he may be gone too. He did his best at 3 quarter time with an expletive laden rant but the damage had already been done.

I thought Cary's contribution was worthy of note; just a pity that apparently it was an impossibility for him to get a free kick from the many times when he was held without the ball today. We had 7 changes from last week and I expect there will be some more next week.

Let me give you another stat from WAFL.COM.AU Swans frees for 12 and 13 against. Remarkably, Claremont 19 frees for and 11 against. How that is possible is anyone's guess given Swans were playing Claremont.

I will leave that up to you 42 as I refuse to hand out unworthy votes to those who do not have a red hot crack for 100 minutes...that is why Banfield would always be in my votes every week pity many many others dont take a leaf out of his book as how to play the game of football if you want real success!

What a cop out BH.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131431

• Beasley Hutton

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

What a cop out BH.

Not at all 42 you can hand out unworthy votes if you like but leave me out of it...there are only a handful every week led by Banfield that put in the required effort in my books thus meaning some players would be getting votes under false premises under my requirements!

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131432

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

What a cop out BH.

Not at all 42 you can hand out unworthy votes if you like but leave me out of it...there are only a handful every week led by Banfield that put in the required effort in my books thus meaning some players would be getting votes under false premises under my requirements!

I refer you to your previous invite to put in the votes specifically in th context of me. QED.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131450

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I'm not absolving the players of blame for yesterday but surely the selectors must bear some responsibility for their completely baffling 7 changes for a team that is within 2 weeks of playing finals. I know they felt a need to respond after the insipid showing against East Perth but the team yesterday which included 2 debutants had more of a look of a experimental team looking towards 2018 rather than a group that was trying to build up a dynamic for its first final. With all due respect to Watson and Mcgilvary who I thought did OK, the question was if they were a better option than some of the players dropped.I would contend no. For example Noble would have provided Cary with some support and another option in the forward line. Brayden wasn't great last week but he had a lot of mates. I also thought that guys like Erceg, McGuire and Hackett were treated harshly when in reality they were picked out for a horrible team performance.
The selection panel has now backed itself into a corner for next weeks game in that they now have to make a decision whether to persist with the debutant's which you would think they would have to or drop them again and bring back some of the others which would give the impression of a revolving door mentality. The other impact on the team which became clear to me was that the other players appear to be looking over their shoulders and more concerned for their own place in the team rather than focusing on working together. Not a good spot to be in two weeks before a final.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131452

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: I'm not absolving the players of blame for yesterday but surely the selectors must bear some responsibility for their completely baffling 7 changes for a team that is within 2 weeks of playing finals. I know they felt a need to respond after the insipid showing against East Perth but the team yesterday which included 2 debutants had more of a look of a experimental team looking towards 2018 rather than a group that was trying to build up a dynamic for its first final. With all due respect to Watson and Mcgilvary who I thought did OK, the question was if they were a better option than some of the players dropped.I would contend no. For example Noble would have provided Cary with some support and another option in the forward line. Brayden wasn't great last week but he had a lot of mates. I also thought that guys like Erceg, McGuire and Hackett were treated harshly when in reality they were picked out for a horrible team performance.
The selection panel has now backed itself into a corner for next weeks game in that they now have to make a decision whether to persist with the debutant's which you would think they would have to or drop them again and bring back some of the others which would give the impression of a revolving door mentality. The other impact on the team which became clear to me was that the other players appear to be looking over their shoulders and more concerned for their own place in the team rather than focusing on working together. Not a good spot to be in two weeks before a final.

Certainly some decisions to be made apart from Riggio coming in. Noble versus Wityk for example.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131490

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Singha wrote:

BC wrote: you bogans really amuse me especially you 42 carrying on every week about the umpies....Subi got 12 free kicks today compared to WP 22 and still won the game comfortably...blaming the umpires is a cop out.

Yes another umpiring debacle at Leederville. Honestly it's killing me. I lost count but I think the garlic munchers had five 50 metre penalties paid to them as well, to subi's nil

Singha,

Hello, how you can not recall the 50 you blokes got when we were just gaining a bit of momentum early in the 2nd qtr, it was laughable. It happened right in front of the members and your bloke got the free, one of our players was at a minimum 15m from the recipient but he kept running around on an ark and the umpire pinged us for 50 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131600

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Leedy your correct you did get 1 x 50m against Cody Manning I think it was, it was right in front of where I sit and Cody was no more than 5 metres away and dawdling, not making much effort to clear the zone. But don't be too unhappy, you got done by 80 points were second to the ball most of the day but somehow still managed to win the free kick count 22 to 12. Not saying for 1 second your frees weren't there, just they didn't pay them both ways, but hey that's life and we have to get used to it.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 7 months ago #131646

• Beasley Hutton
David Ellard has been given and accepted a 1 week suspension thus meaning his season is effectively over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender, gtrxuone

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 370 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes