Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131340

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Plus Marc Worobec should never umpire another game of football as he and his 2 sub human mates were a disgrace once again with their blatant biased against Swans, it cant be explained any other fucking way
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Swandog.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131342

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: A bunch of selfish fair weather footballers represented our club today. It was actually embarrassing to witness the lack of comraderie among our players. From the sidelines around the bench all you can hear is them bitching about each other. Disgusting to watch probably a more apt description.

After my comments during the week re coach for next year I will add this. You know the coach has lost his players when he resorts to a bombardment of F & C bombs trying to stimulate some effort. The young kids around the huddle in front of me were suitably impressed by Stiffy's potty mouth and I'm sure will assume this language standard is how real men talk. Funny enough I was just discussing with my work crew yesterday how futile bosses abusing and swearing at staff is in today's world just doesn't work or motivate. Today I saw that applying to footy coaches too. The lack of standards of decency at the footy club I love never cease to amaze me and the players tend to react accordingly. Time for a massive rethink on what our club deems acceptable, both on and off the field. Need to ask ourselves how we wish to represent. Disgusted by more than just the selfish footy today :-(

DW perhaps you could give a precis of how the seven ins performed today and who should come in to the team for next week and who they should replace. Obviously Riggio is one of the ins.

I missed the ressies today so hard to judge players in form after missing last week's match v EP as well due to work commitments. My comments relate to the whole club. To me it feels like we have quickly got ahead of ourselves after season 2016's results. The bitching and moaning among players is what concerns me most. Blame culture does not win flags. Subiaco for instance doesn't look for excuses, they look for solutions. I think Harding has tried hard but this group are no longer all in with him as could be expected when a coach calls time. This however does not excuse the language he used at the 3/4 break today. I hope he doesn't speak to his family and loved ones this way. Just because it's footy it doesn't give you the excuse to drop 30 odd C bombs in 2 minutes in front of kids, supporters and players alike.

Fair enough DW. Perhaps you could suggest who played in our league team that might be under pressure to hold their spot next week.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131343

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Swandog that last qtr dodgy Cmt free followed by the even dogier 50m penelty.Was only 10 points down and had possession moving fwd.Swans where on the end of half a dozen shockers. But when your playing bad footy thoes things happen.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131347

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Fitness needs to be questioned too as Claremont had far too much run and desperation which is baffling considering what is at stake, plus they spread so well they would be more worthy finalists than us, we are full of ball watchers and blokes standing flat footed
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131348

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: A bunch of selfish fair weather footballers represented our club today. It was actually embarrassing to witness the lack of comraderie among our players. From the sidelines around the bench all you can hear is them bitching about each other. Disgusting to watch probably a more apt description.

After my comments during the week re coach for next year I will add this. You know the coach has lost his players when he resorts to a bombardment of F & C bombs trying to stimulate some effort. The young kids around the huddle in front of me were suitably impressed by Stiffy's potty mouth and I'm sure will assume this language standard is how real men talk. Funny enough I was just discussing with my work crew yesterday how futile bosses abusing and swearing at staff is in today's world just doesn't work or motivate. Today I saw that applying to footy coaches too. The lack of standards of decency at the footy club I love never cease to amaze me and the players tend to react accordingly. Time for a massive rethink on what our club deems acceptable, both on and off the field. Need to ask ourselves how we wish to represent. Disgusted by more than just the selfish footy today :-(

DW perhaps you could give a precis of how the seven ins performed today and who should come in to the team for next week and who they should replace. Obviously Riggio is one of the ins.

I missed the ressies today so hard to judge players in form after missing last week's match v EP as well due to work commitments. My comments relate to the whole club. To me it feels like we have quickly got ahead of ourselves after season 2016's results. The bitching and moaning among players is what concerns me most. Blame culture does not win flags. Subiaco for instance doesn't look for excuses, they look for solutions. I think Harding has tried hard but this group are no longer all in with him as could be expected when a coach calls time. This however does not excuse the language he used at the 3/4 break today. I hope he doesn't speak to his family and loved ones this way. Just because it's footy it doesn't give you the excuse to drop 30 odd C bombs in 2 minutes in front of kids, supporters and players alike.

You mean F bombs DW? I didn't hear any C bombs but I walked away from the huddle in disgust before he had finished.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131349

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote: Swandog that last qtr dodgy Cmt free followed by the even dogier 50m penelty.Was only 10 points down and had possession moving fwd.Swans where on the end of half a dozen shockers. But when your playing bad footy thoes things happen.

And how about the deliberate descision against Taylor after the ball deflected off his heel accidently this resulted in a goal this started the 3Q rot, also missing the umpteen times they threw the ball out without being pinged but guess what? We got pinged very swiftly..I could go on. Undiscipline from Crowley is annoying and he should give it away
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Swandog.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131350

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gtrxuone wrote: Swandog that last qtr dodgy Cmt free followed by the even dogier 50m penelty.Was only 10 points down and had possession moving fwd.Swans where on the end of half a dozen shockers. But when your playing bad footy thoes things happen.

gtr and this will please those related to the umpiring fraternity the free kick was there and potentially the FIRST 50 metre penalty was there. However, the second 50 metre penalty WAS NOT THERE and MOST ASSUREDLY given the NON-FREE KICKS when Cary was BLATANTLY AND CLEARLY being held MANY, MANY, MANY TIMES the free kick SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AWARDED and the mark should have been paid.

In my opinion there were some Swans' players who should be dropped because of their performances today and the three field umpires similarly should be dropped based on their performances today. As badly as we played for a lot of the game that decision by Worobec was outrageous in the context of their umpiring today and effectively ended any chance we had of getting an unlikely victory.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131353

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Swan we didn't deserve to win.But that free and 50 where a shocker .We had the ball 65 out with an open fwd line.Despite how well Claremont played they give you a chance because they don't score enough goals.Subi or SFreo would of smashed them in the second qtr.
Swandog been to scaired to mention Crowley on here.The last position left for him is fwd pocket.Cant play midfield any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131357

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Fair enough DW. Perhaps you could suggest who played in our league team that might be under pressure to hold their spot next week.

Ok sure.

I love Blighty as a player for all the enthusiasm he brings but his lack of discipline today did not go unnoticed. Smirk is never gonna win you a game of footy. Unless there is a definitive shut down role required, not a defensive forward role either, I see no reason he is in our best 22. I would persist with Wityk if Noble is out of form but play him in a role he is familiar with. Being swung by the second on and off the ground every time he has been in top side. Give him a chance to settle in position if we are gonna play him.Assume Noble was dropped for poor form, if not then he is in our best 22. Toby Watson & McGillvray not ready yet but I guess somebody has to come in when they are swinging changes to try and reignite form. I'd let Taylor finish his season in colts footy to sure up the colts as he will be drafted so league games this year will be of very little benefit to us next year. He has been fair at league level but not sure he is there on absolute merit at this stage. Let him strengthen our colts and I'd bring Erceg up and persist with him. None of these changes will prove any difference though if our senior players, particularly in the midfield, play without discipline and passion combined. From here I think we limp in to finals , get smashed in the elimination and hope a new coach will solve everything. Unfortunately I believe our biggest issues as a cub are much more deep seated than that and a change of direction and ambition is desperately needed.

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131359

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gtrxuone wrote: Swan we didn't deserve to win.But that free and 50 where a shocker .We had the ball 65 out with an open fwd line.Despite how well Claremont played they give you a chance because they don't score enough goals.Subi or SFreo would of smashed them in the second qtr.
Swandog been to scaired to mention Crowley on here.The last position left for him is fwd pocket.Cant play midfield any more.

NO question we were pretty ordinary for most of the match. However, at that stage we well and truly in the match. There were some disappointing performances from some of our players today but again to put it into perspective have a look at our 2016 season. Personally I am not sure having 7 changes to the team last week was the best idea; but not including Ellard I suspect there will be 3 or 4 players at least that played n our league team that might be playing earlier next Saturday. Similarly there are three field umpires from our game that should also be umpiring in a n earlier time slot next Saturday.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 315 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977