Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dennis Armfield 6 years 7 months ago #130349

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Noticed that Dennis Armfield retired from AFL football during the week after an 8 year career. Given that he is still only 30, I wonder if the club might try and lure him back to play a season or two for Swans? I know he has been involved with a lot of things off the field such as charity work and is now apparently playing a role with the Carlton's women's team. Dennis may want to stay in Melbourne for these and other reasons. I wonder if it might be worth the call to him though as an ex Swans player, maybe from the captain who also played with Carlton?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dennis Armfield 6 years 7 months ago #130350

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Reports also said Chris Yarren was over in Melbourne watching Carlton play a week or so back Mikeh...does this mean his 2017 footy aspirations are done n dusted....with him and Clancee fit n firing for 2018 that is two new recruits for SD new coach Stve Malaxos right there.....Armfield seems like a character mate.....also Boekhorst must be on the cusp of delisting too....some good options right there fore SD midfield next year....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Dennis Armfield 6 years 7 months ago #130364

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Yarran hasn't played any reserves games for over a month so he is out of the frame for 2017. It will be interesting to see what he does next year given there will be a new coach. If he does a full preseason he could be excellent value in 2018. Boekhorst I thought had played quite recently at Carlton, they may keep him on the list for one more year to see how it goes. Great to see the article on Nathan Broad and how he has come back from a serious injury and is poised to be involved in Richmonds finals campaign.
New coach Malaxos?????? Do you know something that I don't Freezin?

Dennis Armfield 6 years 7 months ago #130367

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Yarran hasn't played any reserves games for over a month so he is out of the frame for 2017. It will be interesting to see what he does next year given there will be a new coach. If he does a full preseason he could be excellent value in 2018. Boekhorst I thought had played quite recently at Carlton, they may keep him on the list for one more year to see how it goes. Great to see the article on Nathan Broad and how he has come back from a serious injury and is poised to be involved in Richmonds finals campaign.
New coach Malaxos?????? Do you know something that I don't Freezin?

Mikeh Freezin can also explain the Theory of Relativity in fewer than 10 words.

It will be interesting to see what happens regarding the appointment of the new coach. Personally , the appointment should be made by the incoming board; not by the current board. There are 4 members of the board up for election this year: the President and 3 other board positions.

With respect to D Armfield he would be a quality person to get back to the club. I suspect that Ellard would have spoken/texted him about the possibility of coming back to the mighty black and whites.

Last edit: by swan42.

Dennis Armfield 6 years 7 months ago #130413

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Expect a return of a couple of players and Army could be leading charge

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 351 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes