Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130560

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Didn't venture down to Leedy as a little under the weather and bloody glad I didn't head down to Artic Park judging by reports on here. SD have this ugly habit of not showing up some weeks and this appears to be another episode. We have struggled v Claremont and EF in the last round, not showing up prepared to play hard in both of those matches. Highly likely we will limp thru to the end of season from here and not make finals. There has not been a season under Harding's tutelage that we have finished off strong and 2017 will end no different especially considering the coach has announced he is taking his bat & ball. A much better season by our players in 2017 but we are cooked. The only hope for this team is if the sun comes out for the remainder of the year as we are a much better team when conditions don't challenge our desire ie no wind no rain some sunshine please

DW it was sunny for the league game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130567

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Anyone- SD, Mike, DW, MO, Gtr...want to have a go at doing the votes for LH?
I would have struggled to find a handful let alone 8 worthy of votes yesterday!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130568

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Didn't venture down to Leedy as a little under the weather and bloody glad I didn't head down to Artic Park judging by reports on here. SD have this ugly habit of not showing up some weeks and this appears to be another episode. We have struggled v Claremont and EF in the last round, not showing up prepared to play hard in both of those matches. Highly likely we will limp thru to the end of season from here and not make finals. There has not been a season under Harding's tutelage that we have finished off strong and 2017 will end no different especially considering the coach has announced he is taking his bat & ball. A much better season by our players in 2017 but we are cooked. The only hope for this team is if the sun comes out for the remainder of the year as we are a much better team when conditions don't challenge our desire ie no wind no rain some sunshine please

Yes possibly but with a slight chill in the air and a breath of wind we might as well be playing in the bogs & marshes of Scotland. I believe we are a pretty decent side in fine weather where we can mark a clean ball, not sure we are quite the same in the wet or wind.

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130583

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Yes possibly but with a slight chill in the air and a breath of wind we might as well be playing in the bogs & marshes of Scotland. I believe we are a pretty decent side in fine weather where we can mark a clean ball, not sure we are quite the same in the wet or wind.

So DW do you subscribe to BH's contention that we won't win another league game this season.

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130589

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
The problem for Swans next week is Claremont have played better in their Away matches. Claremonts efficiency rate being better. Having said that, Swans are at Home and this being a winnable match for Swans.

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130591

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: Anyone- SD, Mike, DW, MO, Gtr...want to have a go at doing the votes for LH?

I didn't see my name listed above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130592

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
I haven't done the votes for a few weeks so I will step in this week.
I think Swans will bounce back from the poor performance yesterday, as they did after the shocking effort at Claremont. We really do need the captain back though especially in the absence of Riggio.

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130594

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

So DW do you subscribe to BH's contention that we won't win another league game this season.

There is always hope 42...depends which SD team ventures down to the ground. The CL is a 50/50 match...they always trouble us and we were a rabble against them last time putting in a performance our very own coach described as "the worst performance in the history of SD and possibly the history of the WAFL". I said at the time this was probably the end for Harding and it turned out to be true. Was probably the very weekend he determined to pull the pin going on the 4 week timeline the west article mentioned. Let's hope the players redeem themselves against the opposition group that embarrassed them just a few weeks ago. One thing I am sure of is that it's up to the players from here if our season is going to end with a few highs. I do believe this coaching group are fulfilling their final days at the club with a spring clean coming in 2018.

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130602

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Anyone- SD, Mike, DW, MO, Gtr...want to have a go at doing the votes for LH?

I didn't see my name listed above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very observant of you 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swans V East Perth at Leederville 6 years 8 months ago #130616

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
I have walked away from juts2 of our losses this year thinking that we were never in the game at any stage. One was yesterday, the other was the Claremont Oval loss. Even last weekend against Subiaco, they were outgunned but they kept plugging away and even had a brief sniff in the last quarter. Yesterday they were effectively cooked by quarter time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 390 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL