Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129877

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Had a pulse for about 15 minutes in the last qtr.The only time Swans where able to move the ball freely up the ground.Moving Carey into the play.Howard was solid down back.Faulker and Riggio battled hard but Swans where thrashed all day in the clearances. Cockle and Kitchen smashed us.
Watching Subi today there body strength and field kicking is superb. I'm sure South's can beat them on the day.But more likely an Alignment side that can match them physically. Like last year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129886

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

gtrxuone wrote: Had a pulse for about 15 minutes in the last qtr.The only time Swans where able to move the ball freely up the ground.Moving Carey into the play.Howard was solid down back.Faulker and Riggio battled hard but Swans where thrashed all day in the clearances. Cockle and Kitchen smashed us.
Watching Subi today there body strength and field kicking is superb. I'm sure South's can beat them on the day.But more likely an Alignment side that can match them physically. Like last year.

Cockie made victims of us today...the only bloke I saw stick a tackle on him all day was Faulks....the thing that is so impressive about Subi is how quick they move the ball. Harding berated our defenders but the understanding between their midfielders and forward half was elite. When you let midfielders burst forward busting thru tackles what else can you expect. Very typical of Hardings game plan in my eyes, let the defence win the ball back then attack from there...a difficult strategy when your mids are being given a lesson in ball use & movement...I missed the last qtr effort where at least the lads found some respectability on the scoreboard but reality is we ain't on Subi's level even on our best day, they have torn us a new one in the 3 games I've witnessed between both clubs in 2017. No shame in losing to this side, they are one of the better sides I've seen in recent years in the WAFL despite the downplaying I hear from their loyal supporters. They did not give us a sniff today
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129887

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dw just watching Subi warm up before the game.50m passes on the chest.When our bloke's are tackled they go to ground and the balls held to them or holding the ball.Most tackles on them there players hold there feet and get a handpass away.

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129892

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Kudos to the guys for not throwing in the towel after half time. Couldn't question their effort at any stage of the day. We just couldn't get enough clean ball from the clearances and on the occasions that we did, we butchered the forward 50 entries with poor ball use and decision making. Subiaco resembled an AFL team in size and strength and many of them have obviously been doing some serious gym work. Cockie is a monster and he absolutely killed us today. Their team structures were just too hard for us to break down. I again found myself wondering why Liam Ryan is still running around in the WAFL, he is a lot better player than many of those on AFL lists. The only thing that would be frustrating for Subiaco supporters would have been their wasteful performance in front of goals which they would have to tidy up for finals.

Swans played a pretty good 3rd quarter but it could have been so much better had we been able to pick out targets in our forward 50. I saw Crowley and other Swans players run into really good positions in the forward 50 in the 3rd term only for the kick to be too shallow and be easily cut off by a Subiaco player. Jackson Slater was one who was guilty of this and really has to work on his disposal to be a regular league player. I thought our best players were Gault, Ugle, Howard, Banfield, Faulkner and Turner. Even though we did well in the 2nd half we need to keep it in perspective because if Subiaco had kicked straight it would have been a 10 goal margin and I think the Lions put their cue in the rack somewhat as well, particularly in the last quarter. Who is going to beat them for the flag?? Well not us, Souths are the only real WAFL team that can challenge them whilst the threat of the alignments is always present, particularly with the Dockers not playing finals and the Eagles won't be likely to get past week 1 in September if they make it at all.
Swans are back at Leederville next Saturday to take on the growing East Perth juggernaut and that is now looking a daunting assignment given that they obliterated West Perth today.

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129893

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote: Dw just watching Subi warm up before the game.50m passes on the chest.When our bloke's are tackled they go to ground and the balls held to them or holding the ball.Most tackles on them there players hold there feet and get a handpass away.

Yep....they sure are setting a high bench mark when it comes to physical conditioning. 17 straight now or something like that...I reckon they are as good as any Subi side we've seen in the past decade...credit where it's due, they play a great brand of footy

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129897

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
pretty good summation boys. I thought we were solid today and obviously our kicking left a bit to be desired. I thought your guys gave it a red hot crack and was very impressed with young Gault in particular. he was a standout for you guys and not sure of his background but reckon he was your best. you'll give EP a run next week from what I saw today but I guess it depends on which EP or should I say WCE turns up to play.

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129902

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: pretty good summation boys. I thought we were solid today and obviously our kicking left a bit to be desired. I thought your guys gave it a red hot crack and was very impressed with young Gault in particular. he was a standout for you guys and not sure of his background but reckon he was your best. you'll give EP a run next week from what I saw today but I guess it depends on which EP or should I say WCE turns up to play.

Gault was on the Collingwood list for a bit there BC...played just a handful of games from memory. Is getting better and better as the year has progressed. A big lad not sure why Collingwood didn't persist but my observation is he lacks overhead strength for a big man...is maturing thou and will be a gun at WAFL level with natural growth in his confidence. I too thought he was our best along with Faulks and Ugle today

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129915

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Dirty Weekender wrote:

BC wrote: pretty good summation boys. I thought we were solid today and obviously our kicking left a bit to be desired. I thought your guys gave it a red hot crack and was very impressed with young Gault in particular. he was a standout for you guys and not sure of his background but reckon he was your best. you'll give EP a run next week from what I saw today but I guess it depends on which EP or should I say WCE turns up to play.

Gault was on the Collingwood list for a bit there BC...played just a handful of games from memory. Is getting better and better as the year has progressed. A big lad not sure why Collingwood didn't persist but my observation is he lacks overhead strength for a big man...is maturing thou and will be a gun at WAFL level with natural growth in his confidence. I too thought he was our best along with Faulks and Ugle today

I can see $ubi rolling out the $$$ and Gault will becin maroon & gold in the future, thats the way they roll
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129916

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

gtrxuone wrote: Dw just watching Subi warm up before the game.50m passes on the chest.When our bloke's are tackled they go to ground and the balls held to them or holding the ball.Most tackles on them there players hold there feet and get a handpass away.

Thats what you get with a football program that is swimming in $$$$ compared to shoe string budgets the other 5 clubs have. They have the $ to command players are at training 4 nights a week, in the weights room, on the track etc
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Subiaco at Leederville 5th August 6 years 8 months ago #129920

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Swandog that money buys a good AFL standard fitness and conditioning coach.Like MikeH said they look like an AfL side.There tier 1.5 side..Not good enough for Afl but to good for the Wafl.Maby like a pre 1987 good Wafl side.top 4 side from that era.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 313 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977