Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129023

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
ok... switched off last week fellas....what's been happening?

Is Riggs back for this one? Ellis? Did Slater pull up all right from last match when he had his legs taken out by an overzealous sliding terrier only to have the ump in the immediate vicinity call play on and smile at him like he deserved to have his legs broken?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129024

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: ok... switched off last week fellas....what's been happening?

Is Riggs back for this one? Ellis? Did Slater pull up all right from last match when he had his legs taken out by an overzealous sliding terrier only to have the ump in the immediate vicinity call play on and smile at him like he deserved to have his legs broken?

DW it seems as though you are beginning to think that the umpiring is questionable?

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129025

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Well 42 & DW you know it is questionable when the umpire who paid that moronic "advantage" decision to Hackett vs EF is then unbelievably somehow chosen to umpire a League game the very next week...he should have been sent to umpire in Widgiemooltha after that inexplicable error and the umpire selectors all forced to drive him there!

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129041

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
This is a winnable game for Swans,as long as they go into the contest with the right mindset. Last time we played them at Rushton Park, they completely blanketed us for the first 3 quarters and Swans were sucked into a passive defensive style which played into Peels hands. The result was that we only had 4 goals on the board at 3 quarter time. When Swans finally took the game on in the final quarter the boys doubled their score in 15 minutes but it was too late unfortunately. What we need is for that attacking mindset in the first quarter and try and get some scoreboard pressure on them.

Hopefully Matt Riggio is fit as we need him to bolster the midfield. Also fingers crossed that Crowley and Ellard have recovered from their injuries of a few weeks ago.

Swans may not have as many Dockers players to contend with given that Freo are in Sydney on Saturday afternoon and may fly a few emergencies over. Also they have to replace Michael Walters who unfortunately suffered a season ending injury last week. I remember Darcy was very influential in the last game and now he is a regular in the Dockers side, so Gault and Co won't have to worry about him this time.

This is a crucial game for Swans. A win will put us into 3rd spot and almost guarantee September action. A loss will leave us a bit vulnerable to the challenge of the teams outside the top 5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129101

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: ok... switched off last week fellas....what's been happening?

DW it seems as though you are beginning to think that the umpiring is questionable?

I never blame them but I reserve the right to question them...they awarded a helluvalot of soft frees in front of goal to SF in the last match ...to me it felt like they decided to wrestle control back from swans after we brought an extremely vigorous attitude at the start of the match which had the umps scared things might nasty so best they punish us for making them work for it but no I do not blame them for us losing. SF were the better side in the end despite the double handful of frees directly in front of goal...as for Slater getting taken out that was an absolute shocker of a miss from the ump in question which he deserved to be dropped a match for...players safety should never be compromised by poor umpiring. Slats is really fortunate he didn't suffer a double leg break

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129107

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
If Swan Districts can get away to a good start, they should be able to grab the 4 points. That will keep their position ahead of West Perth on the league ladder.
Swans not having any Home ground advantage to speak of, will need to stay focussed and play a solid 4 quarter brand of football. Swans are currently averaging 12 goals at Home this season, as is the opposition Away.
Swans currently averaging 29.5 Disposals per Goal, whereas the opposition are on 2 and a half disposals more. And doing 16.1 Disposals per scoring shot being slightly better than the opponents.
Should be a winnable match for Swans at Home this week.
The team selection is going to be interesting.

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129119

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

I never blame them but I reserve the right to question them...they awarded a helluvalot of soft frees in front of goal to SF in the last match ...to me it felt like they decided to wrestle control back from swans after we brought an extremely vigorous attitude at the start of the match which had the umps scared things might nasty so best they punish us for making them work for it but no I do not blame them for us losing. SF were the better side in the end despite the double handful of frees directly in front of goal...as for Slater getting taken out that was an absolute shocker of a miss from the ump in question which he deserved to be dropped a match for...players safety should never be compromised by poor umpiring. Slats is really fortunate he didn't suffer a double leg break

DW a general question: do you think that the free kicks paid in our defensive 50 m arc to the opposition forwards are paid to our forwards in our forward 50 m arc?

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129122

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

DW a general question: do you think that the free kicks paid in our defensive 50 m arc to the opposition forwards are paid to our forwards in our forward 50 m arc?

The past couple of games I would have to agree with your theory...we have copped a raw deal in front of goals v EF & SF....to say it's strategic from the umps though is a bit of a stretch...I have a theory on this I've mentioned in the past...the colours theory that exists in nature and therefore the human subconscious...black and white colours suggest there can be no grey area so the subconscious of the umps determines that they must make a call one way or the other which tends to lend to them blowing the whistle more often than not rather than calling play on. Many studies have been done re colours in nature and I honestly believe this could explain the phenomenon that seems to have umpires trigger happy to blow the whistle in our defensive 50 whilst at the other end not having the same trigger points against the opposition defender....nature can be cruel. Of course this theory has its flaws. If you don't indeed believe umpires are members of the human race then it could be argued they are not subject to the laws and ways of nature. For what it's worth I will give the umps the benefit of the doubt, it is possible they are human :P

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129124

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Love ya work DW...definitely certifiable to think such a conspiracy theory against the SDFC actually exists.....sounds like that me me philosophy the WAFL wants to introduce next year in the colts comp already exists amongst the SD fans in regards to umpiring bias....pretty sure every club gets a whack of the umpiring stick from time to time.

Swans v Cockburn Lavender All-Stars 6 years 8 months ago #129125

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Interesting theory DW and may have some merit but I tend to think the Black & White colours (SD, COLL, PA) in Australian Rules Football have always tended to have a love or hate effect on people no neutrality unlike other team colours!
I wish the WAFC through their umpire department were scrutinised at large far more than it appears they are now as there is absolutely no excuse for that Hackett "advantage" decision and also the continual pulling of Cary's jumper off his back on the lead vs EP with the umpire side on to that obvious free that unbelievably wasnt paid...those who attend the WAFL regularly will acknowledge umpiring standards continue to plummet year after year.
The fact the umpires then continually pay wishy washy, tiggy touchwood frees against our defenders in our Defensive 50m arc further compounds the SD supporters and players frustrations..then to see those same umpires who make these continual errors umpiring League the very next week makes you wonder???!!! :blink:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 149 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977