Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128167

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
My news is he is applying for one of the colts jobs in the WAFC shake up
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128168

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote: My news is he is applying for one of the colts jobs in the WAFC shake up

Absolutely no reflection on Harding at all; but what does it say that a colts' coaching position is now considered of more import than a league coaching position?

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128170

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Just had a check of Greg's record over the last 7 years and his current win/loss numbers in home and away games are 66 wins and 68 losses for a winning % of 49. To be fair if you took the 2016 season out and then looked at his numbers they would be close to 60%. One negative is that he never managed to coach the team to a finals win in 4 attempts. His legacy would not be in the same league as Swans greatest coaches (Bunton, Todd and even Dawson) but I think he can look back on his career with some satisfaction. I always thought Greg was at his best coaching young players and I thought the biggest achievement of his tenure was to guide a young side to finals in 2014 as well engineering their great comeback this year from the ruins of 2016. I saw him lose his rag at Claremont a few weeks back where he described Swans performance as the "worst in their history" at 3 quarter time. It appears that may have been around the time he told the club he would be finishing up.

I can sympathise with guys like Harding, Bill M at West Perth, Curley and others who can see the totally uneven playing field that is now the WAFL where it is virtually impossible for all but 3 clubs to win a flag so I would never blame these guys for looking for better opportunities.

Good luck to Greg in whatever his next undertaking is and lets hope the boys can send him out in style by making the finals and perhaps winning one for him.

Last edit: by mikeh.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128172

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Hot off the presses from Russell Reid in the West
thewest.com.au/sport/swan-districts-coac...season-ng-b88535977z

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128176

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote: My news is he is applying for one of the colts jobs in the WAFC shake up

Absolutely no reflection on Harding at all; but what does it say that a colts' coaching position is now considered of more import than a league coaching position?

$100k + a year 42 those will be plum unfortunately
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128181

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The proverbial "fat lady" is in the wings doing her last vocal warm-ups before she gets on the stage to sing the last rites for the WAFL. A wonderful competition and for those of us lucky enough to have seen the halcyon days of the WAFL we have those memories until we die out.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128186

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Sad to see Greg go. He been coach since 2011 so maybe it is time for a change. Ryan Crowley perhaps.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128188

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Not a fan of Harding; good to see him go.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128189

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
We should also have a word to Shane Woewodin currently coaching North Fremantle in the Ammos to gauge his interest!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128192

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
good news.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 731 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020