Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128149

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Massive news coming out of HO this evening. Word is Harding has advised the players earlier tonight this will be his final year at the helm coaching SD. Did not see this one coming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128151

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Massive news coming out of HO this evening. Word is Harding has advised the players earlier tonight this will be his final year at the helm coaching SD. Did not see this one coming

Is it a case that Swans have decided on a part-time coach next year and Harding was willing to accept the role as part-time?

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128152

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Massive news coming out of HO this evening. Word is Harding has advised the players earlier tonight this will be his final year at the helm coaching SD. Did not see this one coming

Is it a case that Swans have decided on a part-time coach next year and Harding was willing to accept the role as part-time?

No idea 42....only thing I know is the players were informed this evening. I'm sure we'll hear something over the coming days.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128155

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

No idea 42....only thing I know is the players were informed this evening. I'm sure we'll hear something over the coming days.

Maybe like 5 other coaches he's had enough of coaching in such a lopsided competition where the best you can hope for is 3rd place? South are the only club capable of bucking the odds this year.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128156

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Interesting timing. Surely he would announce this at the end of the season unless there was a succession plan already in place for someone like Ellis when he took over as colts coach.

Last edit: by mikeh.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128157

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Gotta wonder what kind of salaries are getting offered for colts coaches with the changes next year. Quite possibly they will be more lucrative gigs from 2018 on than the senior coaching positions.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128159

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Wonder how this news will impact on the players performance for the rest of 2017? Can't really see it improving as the players may switch off from Greg now that they know he is not going to be there next year. If Swans had no chance of making the finals I would have understood the timing of this. But Swans are 4th and within a few steps of finals action which is why this makes no sense to me.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128161

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Wonder how this news will impact on the players performance for the rest of 2017? Can't really see it improving as the players may switch off from Greg now that they know he is not going to be there next year. If Swans had no chance of making the finals I would have understood the timing of this. But Swans are 4th and within a few steps of finals action which is why this makes no sense to me.

I hear ya mikeh....I guess if the decision had already been made better to tell the players straight up than to have it filter down through the cracks to them. From what I've heard this was Harding's decision but one has to question the timing. Let's hope the club is transparent about the reasons...wonder if it will even make the Worst tomorrow???

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128163

• R U Serious
  • Thank you received: 34
Harding informed the club 4 weeks ago and the players tonight. He said he wanted to give the club plenty of time to search for a new coach. He's been at the club as colts and league coach for 10 years and now is the time to give someone else a go.
What's Brian Dawson doing with himself nowadays? An appointment like his could bring back a few disgruntled ex players back to the club.

This one's a biggie 6 years 9 months ago #128164

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Is it too soon to discuss replacements....very much doubt the club will employ a full timer again with the direction the comp is heading so that will def narrow the candidates. Dawson wouldn't come cheap. I reckon Coops will be highly interested...Malaxos??? Ellis??? Crowley??? Is Pruey in the mix?? I'm gonna throw a smokey out here David Ellard....this fella was born to coach

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 577 guests and 4 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Success Hill
  • Swedgen
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL